VHL / PBE Affiliation Announcement

Beaviss

VHL / PBE Affiliation

Ry24FKH.pngv3chsAu.png

The VHL is proud to announce our newest affiliation! Please give a big welcome to the Pro Baseball Experience! We look forward a long and prosperous relationship with the PBE, and hope you will check them out and create a new player with them. So now is the time to get started living your Baseball dreams!

Below is a link to their brand new Affiliate post, which includes a link to their website and their league Discord server. One of the benefits of becoming a member of both leagues is you can now cross post your 590 Article to the PBE and it counts as their media spot, so it makes being part of another sim league even easier! Please sign up and enjoy your time in the PBE!

Rules:

VHL 590 Articles are worth a weekly Point task on the PBE
PBE Point Tasks are worth a 590 Article on the VHL

*Limited Time Only * Create a player on their site today and you can claim one free week PT on the VHL side or the PBE side (Valid with approved player)

*Valid until March 22nd*

League Write-up

PBE Website Link

https://discord.gg/wfkNKu8

18 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

*Limited Time Only * Create a player on their site today and you can claim one free week PT on the VHL side or the PBE side (Valid with approved player)

What if we already, recently, created over there?

4 minutes ago, Tate said:

For anyone wondering:

This is a great league full of awesome people. It is highly active and you’ll be given a ton of help (if you want it). If you’re looking for a wonderful SIM league experience I highly recommend creating! 

Personally I am really happy with this news because it’ll make my SIM league duties a little bit lighter, so thank you to the VHL and PBE for working together on this. 

:)

Hi Tate.

thank you for leaving this message. 

• Josh changed the title to VHL / PBE Affiliation Announcement

It's definitely a fun league full of great people. I've been in it for a long time with Riley Tiffielder (Rye Tiffielder), a RF. Unfortunately I'm not recreating because I'm in too many fucking leagues and don't have time for another SHL-esque one, so I won't see any of you over there. That being said, I basically went inactive there a couple times and all it really took was somebody to message me and tell me to be active again. That's usually enough to convince me in these damn leagues.

If you're into baseball or even if you're not, still join it. I don't care a ton about baseball but I had a lot of fun with Tiffielder, and wasn't even fully active. He was a good player and won some championships.

31 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

What does the weekly time commitment look like? My concern with these money based leagues is that they usually take large chunks of time rather than a small amount of time weekly.

The point tasks are easy.

1. I think the journal is 300 words and earns you 300k and TPE.

2. Then they have another point task where it’s what we’re used to seeing. They give you a scenario and you write about it. 

3. activity check = 3 TPE?

4. Picture chain. They start it off with a picture and then the next person continues it on with something that is somewhat around that picture. If you post a picture of scooby doo?”, I might post a picture of a husky.. then the next person could be the husky gas station etc..

5. normal weekly training - will need to earn cash for this. Usually time consuming. I always capitalize on double week in SHL and PBE. I got 20M in the bank. 

6. Prime time - pick the winner of a set of games.

And there’s always the extra shit. Mock drafts, rookie tasks.

Anyonw that knows better or from PBE feel free to correct me. I tried :D

Edited by Banackock

41 minutes ago, Banackock said:

The point tasks are easy.

1. I think the journal is 300 words and earns you 300k and TPE.

2. Then they have another point task where it’s what we’re used to seeing. They give you a scenario and you write about it. 

3. activity check = 3 TPE?

4. Picture chain. They start it off with a picture and then the next person continues it on with something that is somewhat around that picture. If you post a picture of scooby doo?”, I might post a picture of a husky.. then the next person could be the husky gas station etc..

5. normal weekly training - will need to earn cash for this. Usually time consuming. I always capitalize on double week in SHL and PBE. I got 20M in the bank. 

6. Prime time - pick the winner of a set of games.

And there’s always the extra shit. Mock drafts, rookie tasks.

Anyonw that knows better or from PBE feel free to correct me. I tried :D

FREE THINGS

1. JPT - Can be done weekly, 300 words on anything to do with the league, gets you 300k and 3 TPE. (Possibly like media here?)

2. PT - Point task each week, 200+ words and sometimes (maybe always, its new) can do graphic, on a set topic ("If you weren’t a professional baseball player, what career would you have/like to have instead?" is this week's for example), no money, just 3 TPE

3. AC - 3 TPE each week for posting your name in a thread, like welfare here, but everyone can do it alongside all the other tasks

4. Spring Training and Regular Season Training - 5 and 10 TPE respectively, like AC but once a season

5. Picture Chain - 2 TPE, post a picture that links to the previous picture, done weekly

6. Championship Week - 10 TPE, like PT, near the end of each season a whole long list of tasks is posted and you pick a few

7. Primetime - 1+ TPE a week, 1 TPE for the predictions, extra available for getting the winners right, done each week

8. Season Predictions + Playoff Predictions - 2+ each, like primetime, done at the start of the season and before playoffs

9. Mock Draft - 2 TPE for posting each season, 250k for each correct pick

There is also a one-off Draftee Special (done once before the draft for up to 9 TPE for 750 words, less TPE is available for less words), 1 free TPE you can claim whenever, and 1 TPE for writing 300+ words/graphic about your lucky charm which you can do anytime once. Sometimes there are one-off things to earn TPE for special events.

PAID THINGS

1. Weekly Training - 5 TPE maximum a week, the maximum costs $1 million

2. Equipment - 18 TPE maximum a season, this costs $18 million, the lowest tier is $5 million for 5 TPE

You can earn up to 950k a week from posting a tweet each day and you also get your contract. Media is 1k a word with bonuses for certain word counts. Graphics are 600k, up to 4 a week. Podcasts can also be done. You can get money from fantasy too.

Hope this helps. I think it is correct (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Banackock said:

my trick to gain easy money was to go inactive at the middle of a career and get the contract money every year anyway. My next player hasn't been created yet and he's already rich af

Just now, McWolf said:

my trick to gain easy money was to go inactive at the middle of a career and get the contract money every year anyway. My next player hasn't been created yet and he's already rich af

Hahaha I kinda do the same shit. Whoops. Sorry Nashvillex2

24 minutes ago, McWolf said:

And this is my main problem with these cash based leagues. For the life of me, I don't understand why the work you do with one player would carryover to your next.

I know we have carryover here...but I've been trying to get that abolished forever xD.