YUK/MIN; S71

VHL Bot

8 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

I wanted a top 5 pick. I had to pay a lot to get one.

but you had the pick like a month ago. You've been shopping it for literally the whole season

4 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

I wanted a top 5 pick. I had to pay a lot to get one.

I'll offer my two cents, take it for what you want. When it comes to a players the VHLM, first round picks are very temporary advantages at best. The VHLM is capped at 250, so 2nd and even 3rd round picks can cap out by the playoffs, and if they dont, you have them for the next season as well and can continue to be competitive. This is a fantastic trade for Minnesota and I'd even venture as far to say should be considered for veto.

1 minute ago, Jubo07 said:

I'll offer my two cents, take it for what you want. When it comes to a players the VHLM, first round picks are very temporary advantages at best. The VHLM is capped at 250, so 2nd and even 3rd round picks can cap out by the playoffs, and if they dont, you have them for the next season as well and can continue to be competitive. This is a fantastic trade for Minnesota and I'd even venture as far to say should be considered for veto.

He wouldn't even take off the dam 4th. I tired my best but he wouldn't budge.

54 minutes ago, MexicanCow123 said:

He wouldn't even take off the dam 4th. I tired my best but he wouldn't budge.

I think the advice I’m going to provide now is that at the end of the day, the onus is on you to set your own limits. If he doesn’t budge, you walk away. You’ve got to have a spine in trade negotiations or else you’re going to get shredded at the same level again. This trade SHOULD be veto’d but who knows anymore?

edit: I just want to see you succeed so don’t mind my harshness.

Edited by fonziGG

12 minutes ago, fonziGG said:

This trade SHOULD be veto’d but who knows anymore?

While I agree that this is a horrible trade, it makes a little more sense when you look at the previous trade between them, https://vhlforum.com/topic/77719-yukmin-s70/
This trade is basically YUK getting their original pick back and YUK paying MIN a penalty for changing their mind and wanting their original pick back.

I think the only time a trade should be veto'd is if someone is blatantly trying to throw the outcome of a season or if there were rules broken in the trade. I don't think that is the case here, so it should not be veto'd. 

3 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

I think the only time a trade should be veto'd is if someone is blatantly trying to throw the outcome of a season or if there were rules broken in the trade. I don't think that is the case here, so it should not be veto'd. 

That.

We all agree it's a bad trade, but we gotta let people make mistakes themselves, don't offer them a safe net to catch their mistakes before they make it.

51 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

While I agree that this is a horrible trade, it makes a little more sense when you look at the previous trade between them, https://vhlforum.com/topic/77719-yukmin-s70/
This trade is basically YUK getting their original pick back and YUK paying MIN a penalty for changing their mind and wanting their original pick back.

Yeah maybe I was a bit over the top with calling for a veto but that’s an insane return for one pick.

yikes

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

I agree, if the case was we were vetoing because of obviously one sided trades a lot of the trades last season would have been reversed.