Broken portal

Beketov

• Commissioner

@Members ,

I’m currently investigating what exactly went down last night but apparently we need to roll back the portal version so until further notice it’s best to abstain from doing anything on there. This includes updating your player, retiring your player, making trades, etc. In the event of a rollback everything will be brought back to the last saved state so anything you do will need to be redone. We will keep you posted,

@Commissioner

11 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Breaks the portal, posts a gif.

Bana - 52%
Josh - 48%

I told and asked him my thoughts on the procedure, he told me to push big red button. I should know by now in any movie ever... cut big red wire = NO! but I pressed big red button anyway. It did most stuff, and then destroyed other. 

neil degrasse tyson GIF

Edited by Banackock

• Commissioner
15 minutes ago, JeffD said:

Yes please.

Hope you like having our updates apply in the sim only 3 times a season.

2 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Hope you like having our updates apply in the sim only 3 times a season.

Hey man I'm completely fine with it. It's all these new guys that get mad if their updates aren't applied within 2 hours of them claiming.

• Commissioner
Just now, JeffD said:

Hey man I'm completely fine with it. It's all these new guys that get mad if their updates aren't applied within 2 hours of them claiming.

For me it’s not even about how often we can do the updates; though that’s a nice bonus, it’s the ease of it. I think I have to click maybe 10 times to update every player. That process used to be a pile of manually entering numbers into a spreadsheet, it was a shitshow.

10 minutes ago, Beketov said:

For me it’s not even about how often we can do the updates; though that’s a nice bonus, it’s the ease of it. I think I have to click maybe 10 times to update every player. That process used to be a pile of manually entering numbers into a spreadsheet, it was a shitshow.

I remember when Jardy used to sim, your player attributes were lucky to get updated more than once during the season; it used to drive me insane.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Banackock said:

Bana - 52%
Josh - 48%

I told and asked him my thoughts on the procedure, he told me to push big red button. I should know by now in any movie ever... cut big red wire = NO! but I pressed big red button anyway. It did most stuff, and then destroyed other. 

We use the button every season, I still think you clicked it twice. I used it and it worked fine.

• Commissioner
Just now, Banackock said:

No, sir. Only once, Joshua. But I did do it on my phone so idk? 

Maybe no phones in the future. But we use this button every season and it hasn't failed until now afaik. So if you didn't do anything weird I'll chalk it up to portal.

• Commissioner
Just now, Josh said:

Maybe no phones in the future. But we use this button every season and it hasn't failed until now afaik. So if you didn't do anything weird I'll chalk it up to portal.

That’s not strictly true. I fucked it up the first time I tried to use it. One of the functions stalled (I don’t remember why) Which caused the button to hang and in the proceeding time trying to fix it @Quik and I made things infinitely worse.

Just now, Josh said:

Yeah and got Rayz and Stark Skipping 3 seasons ahead Id have to if clicked it 3 times I think haha

Season 5 Whatever GIF by CBS All Access

• Commissioner
41 minutes ago, Banackock said:

Yeah and got Rayz and Stark Skipping 3 seasons ahead Id have to if clicked it 3 times I think haha

Trying to clear a specific someones contract off of the books eh? lol

• Commissioner
Just now, Josh said:

Trying to clear a specific someones contract off of the books eh? lol

Seattle’s gotta fix cap problems somehow.

• Senior Admin

I'm looking into this atm but its most likely that I won't be able to get it fully restored until tomorrow evening. 

I am going to have to restore a backup, however I should be able get away with only restoring a partial backup of the finance tables as I did once before - that means people should be OK to continue updating without fear of data loss. But obviously GMs should not do any team management stuff in the meantime as it will be lost.