Erik Killinger | Rookie Experience

Peace

Erik Killinger
LW | 6'5 | 220 LBs 
27 Years Old
Drafted #11 OVR by TORONTO LEGION

EXPECTATIONS

I've put a nearly insurmountable expectation on my rookie season -- at least sixty points --  which is a pretty high standard to give myself, and one that I'm fairly confident I won't be achieving, but would obviously like to reach. If we compare my GM's (Rylan Peace) rookie season of forty six points while he was on and off Riga's top line with a league wide iconic duo, it'll be pretty difficult for me to acquire even forty with a weaker Toronto club. That being said I know what good chemistry does, I've studied his one hundred point season alongside Svoboda and Dahlberg in his second season, so it's not outside the realm of "reasonable" that I can at least attempt to win the top rookie award. For now though my expectations are a sixty point season at the core, and my secondary objective in S71 would be bringing the Peace Player Agency their first individual award. I think that would really make my rookie season special, and it's quite possible I can achieve that.

Additionally another expectation I've placed on myself is to grow more than is possible through just practicing on the ice. I want to develop into a superstar player throughout the season and really start to show Legion fans exactly what kind of player they've gotten at eleventh overall. Eventually, I want to be the best, so I can help everyone else achieve their best too. I'm super excited to get the season underway, and I'm satisfied with the expectations I've placed on myself. 

RESERVATIONS

Some of the reservations I have are pretty obvious from above -- I doubt myself and the era we are in. The league is deeper now, rookie numbers have been dropping from the once incredible single season performances, and the parity within each team makes the rock - paper - scissors game more complex. Can I actually reach sixty points in my rookie campaign? Doubt it.  

It's not that I don't think I can get sixty points, but I think the league has grown far too much for any rookie to get more than forty in a season regardless of their talent. The seasons in the leagues history where rookies scored ninety points are long gone, the league is too large for those kind of rookie performances now, so I might have to settle on the average thirty points in seems. In my mind I know that'll likely be where I land too, and with my main competition in Davis likely contributing to nearly every Davos goal in S71, I can honestly see him winning the top rookie award over me. That knocks away my desire to win an individual award, but obviously I'm going to try my hardest to earn it. 

A great comparison to what I think is going to happen is Nathila Dissanayake, he lead Toronto in points last season and still failed to reach sixty points, so I think I'll fall somewhere in the forty mark just like my GM before me.