TRADE ALERT DAV/DCD

Who won? Who's next? You decide!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

WU2GfAKeo6-tJxxA62dvCVGB9rVSSl2q02c7C8FV

:dav: HC Davos Dynamo Receive: :dav:
RW Derek Eriksson

:dcd: D.C. Dragons Receive: :dcd:
S71 VAN 2nd

Analysis

Things were getting a little crowded on the D.C. Dragons’ roster, so, when you have an extra forward that is talented enough to see ice time but doesn’t have a place on your squad, you shop him. The Dynamo still have the cap space to make some more moves this off-season, so adding some offensive depth while it is available on the market is a big plus.

Derek Eriksson, my child, slipped just out of the first round in the S70 draft and spent his second season in Philadelphia, but he is now ready to play on a VHL roster. Davos is probably looking at one more season at least before serious contention, so that makes this a timely pickup that allows them to test the rookie out in a variety of situations.

As far as D.C.’s haul, Vancouver’s second-round pick isn’t high-value, but it certainly has a chance of producing a good player. After making the playoffs for the first time as a franchise, it would be nice to see the Dragons start making moves for now, and I’m not sure if this falls into that category.

Altogether, this looks like a swap of bottom-line players, but both sides seemed to think they could do better than what they currently possess. It will be exciting to follow Derek Eriksson’s progress this season, but if Davos makes the playoffs in S71 it will be hard to call anything of their moves from this off-season a loss. For D.C. look for more moves as they try to assemble a roster that can contend for the top of the North American Conference.

Get-to-Know the Players

Derek Eriksson

After playing his rookie season with the Philadelphia Reapers, Derek Eriksson was retained by the team in the S70 draft. That is always a good sign when a team’s GM sees something in a player he’s familiar with that makes them want to reach a little bit to hold on to them.

Eriksson’s first season was a productive one with fifty-five points in sixty-two games. He also set a theme for his entire VHLM career, shooting percentage. Derek has been very efficient on offence through his first two seasons, improving to forty-eight goals on three-hundred twenty-two shots and ninety-eight points.

If Eriksson is looking to improve, his 200-ft game could use some help as he is sometimes a bit invisible in his own zone. It will be interesting to see if he gets any ice time in special-teams situations this season, as he consistently produced in that role for the Reapers.

Xavier leFlamant

The pick acquired by D.C. became Xavier leFlamant, who will be entering his second season in the VHLM. He played alongside Eriksson on the Reapers last season and will be to the Philadelphia Reapers' roster in S71. leFlamant is an exciting prospect, but he still has work to do in the minors. However, look for him to make waves in his new leadership role, maybe even turning the Reapers into a contender. 

Spoiler

Players Mentioned: @DirtyDerek, @BarzalGoat

Edited by Erik Summers

32 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

I don’t remember trading Xavier leFlamant to San Diego? ?

Philadelphia is the home of the best Xaviers in the VHLM!

Fixed. I don't know what I was on.