40+ Goalie Wins - S70 recap and S71 predictions

Greg_Di

nn_kti_zamboni_driver_plays_goalie_20022

Last season I posted an article which listed the 3 goalies who I thought might hit the elusive 40 win mark in S70.

The 3 predictions were Kallis Kriketers, Greg Eagles and Rayz Funk. Lets see how they did in the win column last season and how my predictions fared.

Kallis: @hedgehog337

Kallis had a fairly good final season of his career as he finished it off with the DC Dragons. At the end of the season he finished with 33 wins in 65 games played, falling 7 wins short of the elusive 40 win mark. He was unable to match last years total of 45 wins and the prediction was incorrect

Greg Eagles:

Eagles had his best season to date in S70 and managed to sweep all the goalie awards, was named to Team World and got his first ever all-star game start. Even with all these, Eagles was unable to reach the 40 win mark. In 59 games he hit 37 wins, just 3 short of the 40 win mark and was unable to match last seasons total of 44 wins. This prediction was also incorrect

Rayz Funk: @Rayzor_7

For whatever reason, one of the best goalies in the league has a curse on him that will not allow him to hit the 40 win mark. The 40 wins has been eluding ray since S68. In S70 Rayz managed to finish off with 34 wins in 67 games played. Once again our prediction was wrong.

Now the question is did any goalie hit this mark in S70? The answer is yes. One goalie managed and that was Raymond Bernard @Mr_Hatter. The Moscow starter won 45 games in 64 starts and was the only goalie to achieve this stat last season. This was a huge improvement over his 22 wins in 45 games played just a season before.

S71 predictions:

Here are once again the 3 goalies I believe will hit the 40 win mark, I am hoping that I will not go 0-3 once again!

Greg Eagles:

Eagles will once again split duties with his outstanding backup Spryo @Spyro and is expected to start about 60 games this season. Even with playing less games then some of the other starters, we expect Eagles to get back to the 40 win mark this season. He was only 3 short last season and had a few games that they should of won.

Rayz Funk:

Even with his curse, I predict the top goalie in the league will finally achieve the 40+ win mark. For Rayz to cement himself as one of the top goalies in the league this is what he needs to strive for. Usually Rayz has his best games in the post-season but if he manages to play in the regular season like he does in the postseason this should be no problem for him.

Michael Johnson: @fonziGG

Were going to go out on a limb here and predict that the resurgent Michael Johnson will hit 40 wins this season with Malmo. While he has struggles the past 2 seasons, many are saying he is focused and back on track to where he was in S68 where he notched 41 wins.

Edited by Greg_Di

Review:

I think this is a well written article that towed the line between fun and informative. One thing that allowed me to get interested in the premise right away and the link back to prediction. With that it allowed me to get invested in the premise right away and get excited to see wether your predictions were right or wrong. I feel like you going through each player you picked was good but I feel like with each player the length was all over the place. That is a consistent with all of the paragraphs even with your S71 predictions.  I would like to have seen a little more length in your predictions for the next season and maybe given an overview paragraph of your previous results instead of breaking down each player just so we would have more space to give why you think S71 will go the way you think it will go.

All in all I think it was great and well written. 8/10