Tallinder's S72 Draft Profiles: Part 2 - Six TPE Edition

wKmESXg.jpg

After months of doing this series in the VHL.com articles section, I figured it would be a good decision to get more out of it, and post it as a media spot from this point forward. Well, it was a good decision until a few days ago when I was hired as a writer for VSN. Now, from next week on, expect to see my draft profiles back in the VHL.com articles section. This journey to the media spot section was short lived, but I'm much happier writing for VSN than getting the extra 4 TPE for these. Anyways, enough of me going off topic, let's get to the actual content.

fAeLnk4.jpg

• 32 players were created last week.

• SS Hornet earned the most TPE in the draft class for the second week in a row, with 46.

• Ziarie Anigbogu was traded to Philadelphia last week.

• Hank McKill was traded to Halifax last week.

Q6wfmo2.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z3UmjHIkmoBNTRdw8dgQdp4kOVhVLVRgPADZOndKJUY/edit?usp=sharing

1. [-] SS Hornet

2. [-] Robin Winter

3. [-] Gino DiGiannatonio

4. [-] Valtteri Vaakanainen

5. [-] Latrell Mitchell

6. [1] Randy Marsh

7. [1] General Zod

8. [1] Andrew Su

9. [1] Jungkok 

10. [2] Zamboni Driver

11. [-] Izzy Valencia

12. [2] Remy Moreau

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Newly Qualified / Requalified

Ken Fury

Riley Walker

Hank McKill

Jay Jones

Joe Jacks

Nils Friedriksen

Newly Unqualified

None

Xdabux4.jpg

[3] - Bobby Wyman

[3] - Alex Letang

[2] - Zamboni Driver

AyX5Ddw.jpg

RISER OF THE WEEK

LVA_bar.png Alex Letang - D - 85 TPE

A first gen off to a blazing start in his young career, Alex Letang has been everything this title entails, earning more and more TPE with each week that passes. Obviously this trend can't last forever, but to see him go from 14, to 16, and now to 25 this week (which isn't even over, by the way) is a very encouraging sign for his potential as a player in the VHL. He's been involved on the forums, and has participated in weekly recruitment. He is also a part of the EFL, proving his interest in sim leagues. In terms of play style, he's a mobile defenseman with great vision and poise which help him in all three zones. He could improve on his offensive game more, but as a defensive defenseman, he's one to watch regardless. I think his ceiling is very high, but it is important to note that first gens are more prone to inactivity, especially with a small sample size such as his. He is also a newer member in the EFL. Letang is a prospect I really have my eye on, and I hope he becomes the player he's currently on the road to being.

UtCgkH5.jpg

[8] - Huang Tun

[7] - Slov Loski

[6] - Felix Kaiser

ujgLYV0.jpg

Name

Goals

Name 

Assists

Name

Robin Winter

Robin Winter

Robin Winter

Andrew Su

Andrew Su

Andrew Su

Adam Frence

DeFenz Mann

Adam Frence

SS Hornet

Randy Marsh

SS Hornet

Jungkok

John Brewitt

Jungkok

Lucas Brandt

Jungkok

Randy Marsh

Valtteri Vaakanainen

Brody Neufeld

DeFenz Mann

Riley Walker

Gino DiGiannantonio

Riley Walker

Michael Mac

Latrell Mitchell

Gino DiGiannantonio

Gino DiGiannantonio

General Zod

Lucas Brandt

Name

Save %

Zamboni Driver

Barry Bonds

John Poremba

Nils Friedriksen

Qi1Zwcf.jpg

• SS Hornet reached 200 TPE last week.

• Andrew Su, Zamboni Driver and Izzy Valencia each hit 100 TPE last week.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

ACHIEVEMENT  CENTRE’S PLAYER OF THE WEEK

SD_TeamBar_QrXOO7G.png Zamboni Driver - G - 118 TPE

I know how people loved the whole David Ayres thing, especially as a Hurricanes fan myself, but all I could think about while he got all the attention was that I couldn't believe no love was being shown to any of his zamboni-driving peers. A much better goalie, by the name of literally Zamboni Driver, has been emerging as one of this season's top prospects, and I haven't seen the media hyping him up nearly as much. Originally from Iceland, Driver leads this draft class in save percentage due to his balanced skillset with little to no flaws in it. He has earned 8-10 TPE steadily so far, but in his last full week, he earned a very promising 21, including 10 of 12 possible capped TPE available. Beware everyone, these Zamboni Drivers have the goalie position figured out, and it's not just Ayres.

AyX5Ddw.jpg

Players Covered

Part 1: Mitchell / Marsh

Part 2: Letang / Driver

8S2KX36.jpg

Edited by Patrik Tallinder

18 hours ago, Poptart said:

@Spartan getting some love! 

Big props to @Poptart and @McWolf for the success I've had so far. Only looking to rise even higher and get my current and future team some W's. Appreciate the recognition @Patrik Tallinder!

9 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Big props to @Poptart and @McWolf for the success I've had so far. Only looking to rise even higher and get my current and future team some W's. Appreciate the recognition @Patrik Tallinder!

Got you as a mid-to-late first rounder if you keep it up, bud.