Michael Johnson's Strong Start to the Season

fonziGG

Some games, Michael has been absolutely stellar and yet some games he's been mediocre. We're yet to see him be pulled from the net but he's had a dud of a game. If anyone would have foreseen this to happen, I wouldn't have. He's boasting a .953 save % and a 1.36 goals against average which has been league leading. It would be absolutely unprecedented to see Michael keep this pace up but it would be the best season he's had to date. Every single season, he's improved statistically but this has been an unprecedented level of growth. I don't expect this level of performance to continue since he's facing the 5th most shots in the league. Granted, he's been extremely hot and this could be the first season where he fully breaks out as one of the top goalies in the VHL. It's an exciting time for him and while there are a lot of eyes on him, he continues to mention that other members of his team are playing just as well.

"Have you seen how our team has been playing? Our defense has been lights out and makes me look like a stud. Seriously, I'm not. We're forcing the opposing teams to shoot from low percentage angles and it's been working. The new management has been implementing some big changes to the team and we're reaping the rewards under @FrostBeard. We've been working on these new strategies since the beginning of the preseason."

Michael Johnson has been quite humble about it all, really.