Michael Johnson: The Grandpa

fonziGG

Michael Johnson: The Grandpa

nick nolte drinking GIF by Graves

Michael Johnson is turning out to have finally started his breakout this season. He's been beasting and feasting in net and has been working hard on his game day in and day out. Every single day, he's early to practice and reviewing clips later than any of the players. If there's any player for this to happen to, it's happily got to be Michael. Some say, since he quit journaling - he's become more astute to focusing on his, and his teammates play. Every evening, he's had the defensemen on the team over reviewing their games and other strong defenses to see what they need to do to pull out games. This surge of play hasn't been all Michael Johnson; it's been a testament of the entire Malmo squad - including the defensemen. He also had a lot to say about the new player, Acyd Burn.

"We intend to be the type of team to be grinding wins. We have so much talent on this team, but with a few additions, I can see us exploding soon. Acyd is going to be such a great player to join the team. We're hoping he re-signs here and continues to propel us up. He's been a huge member of our locker room and has taken such great measures to be a huge leader on this team. I wouldn't be surprised if he were given an A in the next few seasons if he continues to play for us. He's been a huge part of the defense as well, even though he's not blocking shots that much. Huge acquisition by our General Manager, John Frostbeard."

Michael has been decent in the past few seasons but hasn't been superstar quality. Last season, he put up suitable statistics for a team that struggled with a .921 SV%. This season, he's been at a .953 SV%, which is such an unsustainable stat line, yet it doesn't look unstoppable with the way Malmo's defense has been. I assume it does drop, naturally, but this has been his breakout season if he can keep this up. Michael has been calm about it, which can only exude confidence that this can maintain.

"Hockey is like this; some seasons, everything just bounces your way. Some seasons, like last year for me, can be a season to forget. I mean, I played through the motions last season and barely worked hard since I wasn't in the right place mentally. I'd go home, lounge on the couch and play Heroes of the Storm with other members in the league. I changed all that. I came back into the gym every morning, trained harder, and took every single moment on the ice and review room seriously. It was a huge change to go from a young player to a leader on the ice. It was a significant change to my role, and I also felt the pressure. Nowadays, it's been calm. I've not taken it so seriously, and it's been working, I'd like to think.

Review:

Overall I enjoy the flow of your writing, you have a good vocabulary in which you use well, which accommodates your writing. I'm a huge fan of a hint of humor in writing especially in the VHL, so I enjoy the background and character you made for your player and the GIF is great. For my criticism, I don't see the reason to italicize everything in this media spot but I do realize this isn't a academic essay or anything, so if you think it adds to the general visual of the media spot, go for it don't let me stop you. To conclude I believe you've got good writing skills and you are not afraid to do things your own way, so you rock. Good luck with your player!