Jaxx Hextall-Rookie Experience

ROOKIE745

THE ROOKIE

Jaxx Hextall

Goalie | 6'7" | 192 pounds

Drafted 9th overall by Davos in season 70

Expectations

Being a true gen 1 player I have no real idea what to expect, like any goalie I just hope to just steal a few games and do my best to lead my team to victory. Of course I'm joining a team that's going through a rebuild and thus cannot expect to win 35 plus games this year but we've been playing .500 hockey so far so I think I have a chance at 30. I got a shutout in game 5 which is pretty crazy, would've thought it'd take me longer but I haven't been able to get another one since, I think if I could hit 5 I'd be very happy with that. In terms of stats I just hope to finish the season above a .910 save percentage and less than 3.00 goals against, having numbers like those on a team that's currently building up is all I can really ask for. I, like many other Rookie's of course hope to have a chance at winning best rookie of the year but as a goalie I believe that may be a little hard playing on struggling team. I have high hope's for my career in the following seasons and I hope it's all with the Legion. I would love to become the face of the team so to speak but with players like Chad Magnum and Erik Killinger in the line up it's gonna be hard, maybe we can all be the face of the franchise, but ya I expect and hope to be one of the leading players on this team, one that is look to in tough times.

Reservations

Like any reasonable person my biggest reservation is living up to being that goalie a team needs, I worry that I could just hit a wall in my development or fall off a cliff. It may sound weird but I'm gonna miss the VHLM to, even though I only spent a season and a half there I made a lot of friends and good memories, I got to lead the Storm to the cup and part of me will always wish I could have stayed, but the Legion need me. I just don't wanna let me team down, I've worked hard to get this far and the Legion gave up a lot to get me, and some other players of course, but I can't say just how important it is to me to succeed for this team.

(word count 430)