SBA Leadership are Hypocrites Involving Offensive Language, Code of Conduct

eaglesfan036

*The purpose of this post is not to trash the SBA, more of a he who throws stones should not live in a glass house metaphor. Here are some snippets from a 5 minute search in the SBA discord of offensive language. I think the SBA should get off their high horse here and realize that people are people. Some of these are potentially taken out of context, just like I'm sure some VHL snippets were taken out of context. Also I am not condoning the use of this language, just reiterating the SBA leadership are being hypocrites. 

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

If you search the word "nigga" on SBA discord, there are two full pages of one of the most hateful and racist words out there

Search for the word "bitch" on SBA discord which is sexist and demeaning towards women, and you get 31 pages

Deregatory term towards transgender people:

image.png.83171820d3230c2c4fee859d2182a5a3.png

unknown.png

2dc022c5d508d35e5df0239a8268fe49.png

Edited by ContinentalCup036

Just now, ContinentalCup036 said:

It's not letting me post any more pictures due to storage space issues (boomer) but the word "retarded" is used in their discord a good bit too

upload to imgur or any other image host, or if using gyazo/prntscr just right click, view image, then copy that link

• Commissioner

So when I told you to stand down and you said okay, is this what you thought I meant?

I’ll admit it’s not a good look for them, especially the ones from a couple months ago, but screenshots of convos over a year old don’t necessarily prove much of a point. Let’s just move on.

I'll handle the two in February now. I never saw them. I'd imagine they were a first offense. 

Some of your examples are from people not in our league or banned from our Discord ha. That Cold-Blooded guy is the one with 80% of any version of the N word, and he's not in our league/banned from Discord. The uses of the R word are largely Gorlab. Again, more reason he's not in our league. Thanks for the reminder. 

I think it's relatively telling that you have to dig into the past to find much, much of which has been dealt with. Like I said, I'll handle the February issue immediately. 

:cheers: 

15811E90-00DE-4D0E-84CF-A6593788285D.jpeg

6AC89D09-C0D4-4BBE-974D-0CF247A36FAE.jpeg