Day in a Life - Tyler Walker (Entry 1)

Advantage

Day in a Life - Tyler Walker (Entry 1)

Waking up is usually full of so much annoyance for myself as I am probably the furthest thing from a morning person.  However, today feels quite a bit different. I have made the choice to leave the Western Hockey League with the season and playoffs now being shut down.

Regrettably, I leave my teammates without ever winning a championship in Kamloops.  I do feel that this year could have been our year with one of the top records in the league and a team with a core that was in the prime of their WHL careers.  With some of the other talents looking towards the NHL draft and myself looking to the VHLM, I feel this may be the end of that era for my hometown team. Therefore, regrets are certainly there that our season was snuffed out by a world pandemic.

With that being said, I am more than excited to be proceeding towards a VHL career.  I had the option of going the NHL route as well, but I do feel my profile may be put on a higher plateau in the growing Victory Hockey League, with the NHL boasting more teams and players to cast a shadow on my spotlight.  The agency I have recently joined also boasts a number of former talents in the VHL including Ryan Sullivan and Brick Wahl, so I have a lot of confidence in their ability to market my talents and promote me to some of their league connections.

I could not be more excited to sign with my first professional team and finish off the VHLM season with hopefully a chance at the Founder’s Cup!

T.W.7.