RIP 701 - VHL Memorial

gorlab

RIP Dave. I was told this the other day by someone, I couldn't believe it was true. I had many interactions over the years with 701, he went way back with me. He was polarizing, but always had everyone's best interest. I genuinely enjoyed my interactions with you. @701 RIP my dude, gone way too soon. 

He was a pretty notable face here for a while, and I know he had a big presence in a bunch of other sim leagues as well. While as a member he was younger and did experience some of the "trolling" stuff that went around, he eventually grew past that and became a steady and consistent member and VHLM GM here. It's just awful to hear this news, awful to hear especially with how young he was. 

Nothing but condolences and well wishes to him and his loved ones during this time and any friends here who knew him more intimately and have been grieving.

RIP 701

Here is this week's Deep Rewind, which tells the story of AK47, one of Dave's players and one of the more interesting careers I've ever seen during my research. This one's for you, bud.

RIP @701. You were a great guy. We had some good conversations in this league, and you were a member of my grading team years ago as well. Gone too young, for sure. Condolences to the family.

@Beketov

RPeUbUU.png

eSzls8H.png

wCozsDu.png

lvj5ii4.png

These are some of his graphics I found from his profile of topics he posted. Not all of his graphics show up anymore when you look at those topics, but there's definitely an archive if we want it.

https://vhlforum.com/profile/89-701/content/?type=forums_topic&change_section=1

RIP still cant believe it happened. I remember us all in the KIK squad group @gorlab me you kit dave jasmine and dyl and maybe 44? Anyways dave was actually a great guy very easy to talk to about anything was always there to talk if you needed it. Absolutely was a sig god he made some fuckin gorgeous signatures.  Very unfortunate news to come back to. 

So I know this is a little odd, signing up just to post here, but I saw some familiar names and wanted to share my thoughts about one of my best friends and truly a rare dude, David. I apologize that this is going to be long, but David was truly one of my best friends and I’ve just needed an outlet to express these emotions.

We met in the SHL when I was around 12 (almost 24 now) and we instantly became friends. We both shared many similar interests and we just clicked. We’d spend all night gaming, or later on, FaceTiming with some drinks or maybe a little joint in hand. I remember all those late night Kik’s a couple have alluded to, David just had such a joy for life and an infectious personality. And something I can never thank him enough for is he was always there for me, especially the last few years as I dealt with depression issues. He talked me down from so much and was a genuine friend that cared about my wellbeing.

A couple of years ago, I unexpectedly lost a close relative to mental illness. Guess who was there every time I needed to vent, or every time I just needed a GTA session with the boys to escape? David was. Out of the kindness of his own heart, he even made the program for my uncles memorial. He was there for me every step of the way man, he truly fucking was.

We talked for years about one day trying to get a place together in the location we both dreamed of, Colorado. A couple weeks before he passed, he texted me (in typical David fashion) a picture flashing some money telling me he wanted to come out to where I live to kick it for a few days. We talked about maybe the end of this year as the right time, but we never got there. We literally grew up together and never lost touch, something I can’t say for most people I grew up with. I just hope he knew the love I had for him, something I didn’t express to him as much as I should.

Losing my brother from another like David has left such a massive void, but it’s been amazing to see the comments from all the people he touched in his short time on this Earth. And thank you guys for giving me this outlet to let all this out, it’s something I’ve needed to do.

Until we meet again, I love you and RIP my brother.

Edited by Trill

image.thumb.png.fa3bd39a3bf5857ddf40506cbac169a8.png

This was SHL stuff (Cartier = 701): just wanted to share it as I heard there was a memorial thread going on here too. Dave and I got to know each other and were D partners on one of the most fun teams I've ever been on. I see the phrase "big-hearted" going around and I couldn't agree more. All love, Dave.