VHL Testimony on Recruitment

Advantage

A Testimony to the VHL

I have been an active member of the Victory Hockey League since Season 17 (I believe this falls somewhere around 2009-2010.  I had previously been a mainstay in Football Player Sim League’s that influenced the path for one’s like the Elite Football League.  These were league’s like the International Sim League, Madden Madness, Madden Football Association and the VHL-affiliated Victory Football League.  It has been about eighteen years since I joined these leagues, so I feel I have a pretty good of what makes a good sim league and what kills them.

The Victory Hockey League is a good league.  It has had its ups and downs but it is still the most fun I’ve had in a sim league in my life.  This includes league’s I have run (into the ground), and one’s that I spent a number of great years in. The downs of this league saw a lack of recruitment, originality and some poor choices from the top, leading to some pretty poor activity spells.  However, the league is as popular as it has ever been and is going through its best iteration of itself. This is exactly why you should join, whether you have been here before or not. If you aren’t sold on that, let me list a few of the specific reasons why this league is at the top of the pile right now.

First, the VHL Portal is the heart of this league right now.  It is the single biggest reason I ever came back and I think it’s quality is what separates us from the pack.  I see the SBA and EFL ones as good ideas but nowhere near as exquisite or simplistic as the VHL’s. Incorporating things like Practice Facility, Yearly Award Predictions and Player Store into the Portal has made it a one stop shop for all of your needs.  I remember when we didn’t use the Portal as anything but a place to showcase certain media spots but now it is the thing that we can show-off to everyone whether they are new or they just haven’t been here in a while.

Second, the league is at twelve teams and growing.  Spoiler coming, we aren’t done expanding. The reality is that with our current growth rate, we will have to expand once again within the next five seasons.  This would mean likely two more teams with the potential of four new teams over the next decade. It was only about fifteen seasons ago when we had to contract Cologne and Stockholm due to the lowest stretch of activity we have ever seen, but this blue team, Board of Governors and the Recruitment Staff have willed this league back to a place I’ve never seen it.

Third and finally, you should join because we are a league that despite what some say, is very welcoming and helpful.  From our VHLM GM’s and Commissioners to our Discord Staff to our Administrators and Board of Governors. This is the one league that never turned into a true shit show despite certain members pushing the buttons over the years.  

This is the time to join the Victory Hockey League, so join us and we can show you the ropes in how to succeed in the internet’s best player sim league.

Not sure if this was the plan all along, but this should be used in our Reddit recruitment. Either in the topic body or as a top comment.