A New Beginning: Dredge to Calgary

Speed

In Season 68 the VHL came out with 2 brand new expansion teams, one of them being the Prague Phantoms. Coming out of the VHLM, young Willie Dredge never knew his VHL debut would be shared with the actual team itself, as he was chosen 19th overall to the new expansion team. Yesterday, Dredge and the Phantoms parted ways. In a trade with Calgary, Prague received a S73 2nd round pick and Ondrej Ohradka in exchange for Willie Dredge. Although the trade seemed abrupt, sources say Dredge has been struggling and contemplating with the decision for awhile.

"First off, I love Prague. It is such a special situation where you can share a debut with the team itself, and grow as a player with the team. I shared this situation with 3 of my teammates from Yukon in the 'M. Draven, Perrin, and WSJ were good friends and we went through a lot together given the situation. You know, it's a weird feeling leaving that team. I got a soft spot for them, it's where I started my career and met some great teammates and got coached up by one of the best. The only thing stopping me was, well, me. I didn't feel like my time in Prague was necessarily productive as a player and up to the standards of what I have for myself. My best option was to change the scenery and see if I can find my footing elsewhere."

It sure seems like the change in scenery is doing well so far, Dredge scored goals in his first two games as a Wrangler, that includes his Calgary debut. With a good start on his new team Dredge hopes he can keep producing with his teammates in Calgary and get his hands on that Continental Cup that his new teammates are well experienced with.