Mississauga GM Job [VHLM]

Banackock

Hello all,

Bana here with your weekly VHLM GM hiring thread (seems that way lately). Hope you all are safe and well! Aussie man @Berocka has let us know privately that he has stepped down (please respect that privacy!) and we thank him for his time in MIS. Aussie man knows my love for him as a member and as an amazing person. 

With that being said, if this job interest you, please apply. PLEASE NOTE: I don’t want to hire another GM for this role next season. Please come into this role with the thought process of good longevity or don’t bother and let us hire someone who truly wants the role (not saying on Aussie man, he’s different circumstances. It’s a general statement).

Let the hunger games begin! 
Mike Myers Evil Laugh GIF

I’ll apply, I’ve recently stepped away from NY to have a better focus on the VHLM, I was looking to get an AGM position here first to get a better idea of how the VHLM GM scene operates but I think I can take what I’ve learned from the VHL and adapt it to the position. I’ve wanted this chance for 3/4? seasons now and I promise I won’t let you down.

Just now, ColeMrtz said:

I’ll apply, I’ve recently stepped away from NY to have a better focus on the VHLM, I was looking to get an AGM position here first to get a better idea of how the VHLM GM scene operates but I think I can take what I’ve learned from the VHL and adapt it to the position. I’ve wanted this chance for 3/4? seasons now and I promise I won’t let you down.

First of all, I'm super surprised to see this happen. Don't know what's going on @Berocka but I won't push you for info. Hate to see you go and hope you'll be back in the GM world soon.

With that being said...#HireCole.

After he wasn't hired last time, I made the promise that I'd back him for a GM job next time one came around--and out of everyone we've got in the pool of longtime repeated applicants, he's the one who I'm confident would pick up on it super quickly--and he's a former Hound. Usually I don't back one candidate in particular, but he's seen enough circus monkeys to last him a career or two.

I apply. Thanks @Peace

I have AGM experience so I am qualified, and I have STHS experience. I can get my locker room active and I can get them to update. I know how to handle everything and I hope you consider me.

Edited by Viperxhawks19

Hire @Viperxhawks19 he has been nothing but amazing in my transition in LVA and he is General Manager material. Exactly what the VHL need representing them. 

Hiring Viper will be the best descion made. He is amazing. 

I am absolutely applying for this role as Mississauga’s GM. I have strong roots in Mississauga as my player was brought up through there a few seasons ago. 

I have also recently been the AGM of the Yukon Rush for nearly a couple seasons now and the workload I have taken on has prepared me to become a GM of a VHLM team. I have been involved in the trade process, the drafting process, creating lines, recruiting players and keeping an active locker room. @MexicanCow123 can vouch for the amount of work I’ve put in during this past couple seasons. 

I also have experience running a WJC team as I did so last season bringing a bronze medal to Team Europe. This allowed me to create an LR, build a team and set up lines. 

The VHLM is the perfect place for me as recruitment and player retention is my favourite part of this job. I have recruited players that have become AGMs and solid active members in this league and that makes me proud of the work I have accomplished. I plan on being here for the long haul so you won’t have to worry about hiring a new GM for a while.

Thank you for your consideration!!

Edited by Ricer13

Just now, Kachur said:

Hire @Viperxhawks19 he has been nothing but amazing in my transition in LVA and he is General Manager material. Exactly what the VHL need representing them. 

Hiring Viper will be the best descion made. He is amazing. 

thanks man. it means a lot :)

If experience isn't the main factor in hiring, then I will put my hat in the ring. I have applied for AGM roles and not been hired, so I won't hold my breath. But as I have said all along, I am looking for an excuse to be more active. I am already on the Hounds and I will be in this league for the long haul. 

Edited by LastOneUp

I highly recommend @Viperxhawks19 for this job. He was amazing working with me and interacting with members of the team. He did the press conference every week and was constantly looking for ways to improve the team and asking questions. It was a pleasure working with him, I really think the deserves the chance, and he will absolutely be here for a while. I also showed him STHS, so he can set lines and do that, what can he not do? Worth the hire. 

I will apply for GM. I have the time and the experience. I have been GM twice for Canada (winning one silver medal) & I’m the GM of the Brampton Blades in the new NHL/VHL league. I would love to bring a Cup home for the boys. Give me a chance I won’t let you down. Thanks for the consideration. 

3 minutes ago, Ricer13 said:

@MexicanCow123 can vouch for the amount of work I’ve put in during this past couple seasons. 

oooo can i ever. Krice does more work than me and Krice = GOD. That's all i need to say. Bye.

Well I wasn’t expecting that but I would love to apply I’ve had a great time AGMing for Mississauga and it would be an amazing opportunity to take the next step and continue to help the Mississauga organization. 

I also have to say I highly recommend @Ricer13 for the job, he has been an amazing AGM on Yukon and is honestly the reason I’ve stayed active in the vhl. He definitely is qualified for this role and would do an amazing job as a GM.

5 minutes ago, Zetterberg said:

I also have to say I highly recommend @Ricer13 for the job, he has been an amazing AGM on Yukon and is honestly the reason I’ve stayed active in the vhl. He definitely is qualified for this role and would do an amazing job as a GM.

Thanks man, much appreciated!

4 hours ago, Ricer13 said:

I am absolutely applying for this role as Mississauga’s GM. I have strong roots in Mississauga as my player was brought up through there a few seasons ago. 

I have also recently been the AGM of the Yukon Rush for nearly a couple seasons now and the workload I have taken on has prepared me to become a GM of a VHLM team. I have been involved in the trade process, the drafting process, creating lines, recruiting players and keeping an active locker room. @MexicanCow123 can vouch for the amount of work I’ve put in during this past couple seasons. 

I also have experience running a WJC team as I did so last season bringing a bronze medal to Team Europe. This allowed me to create an LR, build a team and set up lines. 

The VHLM is the perfect place for me as recruitment and player retention is my favourite part of this job. I have recruited players that have become AGMs and solid active members in this league and that makes me proud of the work I have accomplished. I plan on being here for the long haul so you won’t have to worry about hiring a new GM for a while.

Thank you for your consideration!!

Don’t have much to say besides this is me vouching for Krice.