Founder's Cups, by player and by member

Victor

• Admin

Founder's Cups

I thought it was long past time we gave the VHLM some spreadsheet love and with the brand new revamp of the Hall of Fame, it felt like the right time to do it.

What did we learn? There's a bunch of inactive VHLM legends in the league's past and we don't know a lot of their usernames. If anyone has any recollections of any 'Unknown' names, let me know!

We also learned that the trick to winning multiple Founder's Cups is having lots of players go through the VHLM. Congratulations @Da Trifecta and @Kachur

16 hours ago, Victor said:

Founder's Cups

I thought it was long past time we gave the VHLM some spreadsheet love and with the brand new revamp of the Hall of Fame, it felt like the right time to do it.

What did we learn? There's a bunch of inactive VHLM legends in the league's past and we don't know a lot of their usernames. If anyone has any recollections of any 'Unknown' names, let me know!

We also learned that the trick to winning multiple Founder's Cups is having lots of players go through the VHLM. Congratulations @Da Trifecta and @Kachur

Thanks Victor. Take some notes eh ;)

• Admin
25 minutes ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Lol I technically have three. Bobby Krims - S30 was my first player that I immediately went inactive with and made @diamond_ace angry. So yes, I'll definitely claim that.

Thank you, you are now right next to Cowboy, the bane of my existence in trivia tags.

Joe Mawm's username was FuzeJoeMawm, I'm pretty sure. Drew Hamilton was definitely bengals1fan. Jengo Taneli... one of the old football league guys, I forget the username, but someone like @Doomsday @Cornholio @CowboyinAmerica might know? Troy Thompson was Splat. DeQuan Davis was Meg. As was stated above, Bobby Krims was @CowboyinAmerica - and he's right, I used to get mad about that, I drafted him only for him to go inactive on me, then come back a few seasons later and make his usual fantastic players. There are some other ones, especially in the S20-26 era (while I was GM of Ottawa) that I remember but can't place the username.

Alejandro Messi was hillsy - part of the S19 Minot team that was my first intro into the league, and the S20 Calgary team that was my first time in the bigs. Jardy GMed both, there was me, spangle, @Frank, hamza, and hillsy. 

Edited by diamond_ace

• Admin
15 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Alejandro Messi was hillsy - part of the S19 Minot team that was my first intro into the league, and the S20 Calgary team that was my first time in the bigs. Jardy GMed both, there was me, spangle, @Frank, hamza, and hillsy. 

Of course, I knew it was someone I vaguely knew (from the SHL). The S19 Minot + Calgary combination was the stuff of legend.

Jake Woods I think might have been swoosh, from the football leagues.

Other unknowns I remember but can't think of the username (so might remember at some point):
Drago Sorrentino, Milan Zarek, Filip Frk, Cam Whitney (I think he was also an SHL guy), Nick Rash, BJ Stafford, Zoran Dragovic, Dillon Dynamo, Cadoc Perkins, Soap MacTavish

Unknowns I have educated guesses for but am not at all confident:

Mike Jones - I'm about 51% this was Ochocinco from SHL but it could also have been a random

Cameron Wilson - also pretty sure he was an SHL guy, torn between HFFO and Jumpier Pegasus, but it was definitely one of the guys that was big over there at the time

Gianni Ciddz was the same guy that was Gianni Ciddio in SHL, he was kind of my AGM with the Rage for a bit but then he went inactive shortly after for a while. Don't remember the username but know exactly who he is - it's probably still up on SHL somewhere, can check in a bit.

4 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Gianni Ciddz was the same guy that was Gianni Ciddio in SHL, he was kind of my AGM with the Rage for a bit but then he went inactive shortly after for a while. Don't remember the username but know exactly who he is - it's probably still up on SHL somewhere, can check in a bit.

acdc_rocks @Victor

• Commissioner

Wait I have 6? God damn. Didn’t think I had any until Sokolov’s B2B. Where was I for the first 2 haha

• Admin
32 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Jake Woods I think might have been swoosh, from the football leagues.

he was Dom Mazzetti later, him?

33 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Drago Sorrentino, Milan Zarek, Filip Frk, Cam Whitney (I think he was also an SHL guy), Nick Rash, BJ Stafford, Zoran Dragovic, Dillon Dynamo, Cadoc Perkins, Soap MacTavish

Got Stafford via Jeff (who was SJ). I wanna say one of the other guys is Maxy.

• Admin
Just now, diamond_ace said:

Yeah he was Dom Mazzetti. Didn't see Dom Mazzetti on the list?

No I just remember Mazzetti because he was decent at VHL level. And because Dwayne Chocolate was him also and his page listed Mazzetti (but not Woods, although that doesn't mean anything).

8 hours ago, Kachur said:

Thanks Victor. Take some notes eh ;)

Also you've just taken 1st place as Chris Banks was yours too I suddenly remembered.

@Victor I was looking through the people you already put usernames with - Rzerk's username was Rzerk, when he was here. Just looked him up and he did change to GrandDame27, but no idea when this happened, he'd always been Rzerk when I had him. I remember specifically because @McWolf and I still talk about him periodically - he did like 3 things but spread them out over the course of the season enough to have never been officially inactive, so I was stuck playing a guy who never made it to even 50 TPE higher in the lines because he kept technically popping up on the site. He's a bit of an urban legend in the early 60s Ottawa lore. 

Also, interestingly enough, his last sign on date was April 16. Apparently he's still popping up on the site. Hasn't made a single post since Sept of 2018 though

37 minutes ago, Victor said:

Also you've just taken 1st place as Chris Banks was yours too I suddenly remembered.

Fucking Sweet I am the INACTIVE GAWD

Wrestlemania 21 Sport GIF by WWE

• 1 year later...
  • Admin
4 hours ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I love Anderson winning 2 in s4. Such a legend @punkhippie

Project Player Two forerunner

5 hours ago, animal74 said:

@Victor Think you could change my old username (animal) to my current one in the sheet? Will be less confusing later on. 🍻

I think I excluded your number so it would be less confusing lol