Alex Bridges: Veteran

Oatex

Alex Bridges

Class of S70

What is a Veteran?

The Definition:

a person who has had long experience in a particular field.

What it means to me:

To me, a veteran is a player who is almost at the end of his career, who has been around for a long time, and knows a lot about what he does. A veteran is like a school tutor. He is there when you need him, just to help you succeed. He has one goal and it’s not the net usually. It’s to get the young guys in the best position possible for success, and to teach them, so the team he once was a player of, can have a successful future. They never really ask for anything in return, they just do it for the good of the team. If your a veteran, your the guy in the locker room, that everybody gets along with, and never has really had any problems, and if you did, you’ve learned from it, and you use it to teach the younger ones what not to do, so they don’t relive what you did. 

What it means to the VHL: 

In the VHL there are plenty of veterans. There is all of the BoG, and all staff are mentors. They’ve been around for a while, and know what and what not to do, so you can stay out of trouble. They are very responsible, and respective, and always know what the right thing to do is. When I think of player tutors, I think of people like Hunter-Hearst or Thomas Landry II, because when i’ve needed them, they’ve always been there to help me, and I appreciate them for that. They have never done anything to get me in trouble, or done anything wrong to me, and they’ve both been around for a super long time. 

Conclusion:

In conclusion, I agree with the definition given in the dictionary. A a veteran is a person/player who is very experienced and skilled in a certain way, and is always there to help you when you need it. Veterans are the best types of players there are, they are like a parent, and teammate at the same time. Thank you to all the veterans/staff in the VHL currently, you do a lot for this league, and I appreciate it. 

That concludes my summary of what a veteran is, and what it means in the VHL.

-Alex Bridges

(Word Count: 410)