Adding index links to forum home tab

It would be great if there was a link to the index's (VHL and VHLM) on the forum home page, so we don't have to go to portal to click on it, or so we don't have to go through the current season's folder. I propose we add two links under the VHL Portal tab on the home page. It wouldn't take up any extra space, and would be a great QoL fix, if it isn't too tricky.

JJQGpPy.png

basic high quality mockup

39 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

It would be great if there was a link to the index's (VHL and VHLM) on the forum home page, so we don't have to go to portal to click on it, or so we don't have to go through the current season's folder. I propose we add two links under the VHL Portal tab on the home page. It wouldn't take up any extra space, and would be a great QoL fix, if it isn't too tricky.

JJQGpPy.png

basic high quality mockup

Also, great idea but one problem:

commies would forget to update

1 hour ago, Dil said:

Also, great idea but one problem:

commies would forget to update

Yeah I'm unsure how exactly it would be best to do it. Is it possible to tie it to the link on the portal? That way they don't have to do extra work? I'm unsure how that's set up

We actually used to have the index in that general area, but between the portal hosting stats/standings, and having a direct link to the index, as well as us forgetting to change it until halfway through a season, we felt it's kinda pointless to keep it there

6 hours ago, Sonnet said:

itMSIvx.png

Just to be clear for others reading, there's a direct link to the index on the portal that already does get updated every season. Seems a bit redundant to add it to the forum, esp when most people just check the portal's info and forgo the index anyway.

Making another forum link that points to this one is probably too much work for the amount of upside it gives (which isn't much tbh)

I'm aware of this, personally I disagree,  I often find myself wishing for the direct link on forum home page though. Though I guess this was more directed at other people and not me haha. 

I feel like there would be a way of making this all easier/tying the two together in code,  but I'm not sure how our portal is built...

1 hour ago, Quik said:

We actually used to have the index in that general area, but between the portal hosting stats/standings, and having a direct link to the index, as well as us forgetting to change it until halfway through a season, we felt it's kinda pointless to keep it there

to be clear, you guys manually have to change that link on the portal whenever you create the newest index right?

Edited by Mr_Hatter

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

to be clear, you guys manually have to change that link on the portal whenever you create the newest index right?

It does a lookup for the most recent link added to the portal. It controls a bit more than just that link though.

10 minutes ago, Josh said:

It does a lookup for the most recent link added to the portal. It controls a bit more than just that link though.

Thats what I was maybe thinking. Would it be possible for my proposed link to run this lookup like by proxy or something? 

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Thats what I was maybe thinking. Would it be possible for my proposed link to run this lookup like by proxy or something? 

We could just make a static redirect link on the portal that 302s to the current season. Not a huge deal just doesn't exist yet.

18 minutes ago, Josh said:

We could just make a static redirect link on the portal that 302s to the current season. Not a huge deal just doesn't exist yet.

Nice thats what I was kinda hoping for! Of course, not a priority or anything