VHLSC Draft Ranking Purpose?

Mike

With the portal why is there a different section dedicated to updating the draftee TPE?  Everyone can see the same info if they just look on the portal sort by draft class and TPE.  A better use of the section would be a more comprehensive analysis of the actual players with the TPE as an afterthought not the main focus.  A draftee goes there thinking hey I'm part of say S70 draft maybe there is info about me in there?  Then it's just a spreadsheet from the portal.  It should probably be a VHL job writing articles doing mock drafts and analysis on past drafts for busts vs steals and etc.

1 hour ago, Garsh said:

I enjoy seeing if i have passed anyone since last time and looking at where I am now compared to where i was drafted. 

That can still be part of it but this area should be so much more.

12 hours ago, Garsh said:

I enjoy seeing if i have passed anyone since last time and looking at where I am now compared to where i was drafted. 

Quite honestly that's just more math, could likely be integrated into the portal. If we got a team of guys together to do prospect analysis, say 5 guys cover 5 players a week at varying points on the scale, we'd likely not only get better scouting across the board but it could very well help with retention getting new players their own sort of "draft profile" when they don't usually get coverage.

• Commissioner

There definitely could be more going into it. If you look at what @McWolf and @Tagger used to do with it you’ll see more of what the section was created for. The TPE ranking but also more, analysis on players, mock drafts, stuff to help new guys, etc.

Stuff like what @Patrik Tallinder did is what I really looked forward to as a prospect. He really highlighted TPE earning, risers, fallers, builds, and milestones/accomplishments in the league to give a more defined look into prospects. If that could be a full-time job for someone or a group of people in the Scouting Rankings, that'd be the best in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...