Hi Everyone,

Following @Proto's comprehensive VHL Job Audit, which was completed on April 15th, the @BOG discussed many things about Job Pay, and the idea of altering pay for some jobs to be more in line with the work they provide. During the discussions, many ideas were brought up, and so there will be some changes to pay for VHL jobs, effective Monday May 18th. One change that we feel was a very easy decision was to remove all odd payouts (such as 3 for Updaters), and make all Job Pay a multiple of 2, to make it less of a burden to reach the cap with claiming partial points on a submission.

One major change is that no longer will the Recruitment Team receive the full 12 Capped TPE each week. While they have done an incredible job in getting the league to where it is today, they will now be brought in-line with Commissioners and Lead Developers, in receiving 6 TPE as job pay each week, as well as being eligible for 2 weeks of 12 Capped TPE per season.

Another fairly significant change is that, moving forward, AGMs will no longer be eligible to receive partial payment from their GMs. While we understand this will be disappointing to the AGMs who are claiming Job Pay, the league looks at the AGM position as that of an mentorship, where they are learning what it takes to be a league General Manager, rather than doing the work of said General Manager.

For all Job Pay information, please see below:

Spoiler

8 Capped TPE per Week

Simmer

6 Capped TPE per Week + 2 Weeks of 12 Capped TPE per Season (Must be claimed by the end of their corresponding Off-Season)

VHL/VHLM Commissioners

Recruitment Team

Lead Developers

4 Capped TPE per Week

Updaters

Additional Developers

2 Capped TPE per Week

VHL/VHLM GM

Fantasy Zone Managers

Head of PT

Moderators

Player Store Updater

Trivia Head

Financier

2 Capped TPE (when applicable)

WC/WJC Commissioner

WC/WJC GMs

VSN

Contributor: 8 Capped TPE per Week

Editor10 Capped TPE per Week

@Commissioner

4 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Waiting for the shitstorm.

Well I'll start it off :P 

Yeah I gotta say I'm really disappointed with this change. I think the main thing I gathered from the AGM debates I instigated recently were that flexibility was the most important thing for what an AGM's role is. If a GM wants to split pay by sharing responsibilities, let them do so, to fit their partnership better. I suppose this was done to stop unfair situations (that people could give TPE if they already reached cap without GM pay, or if they had other jobs that just made it easier, while other GM/AGM pairs don't have that luxury). 

Note, I do not receive AGM pay, nor has that ever really been something I have advocated for myself

EDIT: Maybe really disappointed is a little harsh. I just disagree with moving the position in this direction, as I have made clear in the past. Oh well

Edited by Mr_Hatter

4 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

Well I'll start it off :P 

Yeah I gotta say I'm really disappointed with this change. I think the main thing I gathered from the AGM debates I instigated recently were that flexibility was the most important thing for what an AGM's role is. If a GM wants to split pay by sharing responsibilities, let them do so, to fit their partnership better. I suppose this was done to stop unfair situations (that people could give TPE if they already reached cap without GM pay, or if they had other jobs that just made it easier, while other GM/AGM pairs don't have that luxury). 

Note, I do not receive AGM pay, nor has that ever really been something I have advocated for myself

christmas so it begins GIF

1 minute ago, twists said:

So we really value AGMs less than 2 sentences?

I mean, what were you looking for there? The explanation given is a statement of the general official view on the matter and doesn't leave a whole lot out. It's not something that needs to be justified here with an essay, especially since many people have already written essays about it from both angles.

• Commissioner
14 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

I mean, what were you looking for there? The explanation given is a statement of the general official view on the matter and doesn't leave a whole lot out. It's not something that needs to be justified here with an essay, especially since many people have already written essays about it from both angles.

the lord of the rings orcs GIF

BoG coming in like.

44 minutes ago, twists said:

So we really value AGMs less than 2 sentences?

If we start comparing every job to a VHL.com article, every job would end up with a pay of 12 capped + some uncapped.

Edited by McWolf

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, McWolf said:

If we start comparing every job to a VHL.com article, every job would end up with a pay of 12 capped + some uncapped.

Very true, the average job is much more work if being compared against the equivalent point task.

1 minute ago, Mr_Hatter said:

No you are supposed to post gifs about how mad other people are to belittle their positions ?‍♂️

I think your being a bit reactionary on that one. They are just some gifs.

As for the actual stance, I know from my perspective I thought it was wild when I found out VHL GM's even got paid to begin with. My most recent Toronto tenure I only realized like halfway into it that VHL GM's were getting 2 TPE. I always understood that VHLM were doing more of a retainment role and had first contact and we wanted them to be put the best foot forward, so I got that part. 

As for AGMs, I guess for me I don't understand why the need to give them TPE for it? Correct me if I'm wrong but the majority of AGM's are in the VHLM yes? I'm sure we have a few in the VHL but I think it's not the norm. When it's not a mentor position and the member in question is doing the work to justify TPE, then as far as I'm concerned they are no longer an AGM and may as well be a GM. With a paid system that is less of a mentorship role it allows GM's to hide who is really doing the work. With more emphasis put on VHLM GM's resumes when looking at who to hire when slots open up, it's harder to pin point a resume when people leverage AGM's in more than just a mentorship role. 

Rule of thumb; whether it's VHL or VHLM an AGM should be more of a mentor program for a GM to eventually step down and give the role to them. In the old days several notable GM's of record were "unofficially" AGM's in this fashion. A GM expresses interest in stepping down in a few seasons, finds someone on their team they think would be a good person to take over and begins grooming them/getting their thoughts for those seasons leading up. I don't know why this has to be a paid position. If it's to pass work off, then your missing the point of the role and diminishing your own resume. How can one be trusted to solo run a role when considering them if they just want to share 1 TPE with someone else to do all the GM busy work for them? 

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, Victor said:

Two of my jobs didn't make the list so I will pay myself whatever amount I deem appropriate.

Yeah should probably add those, I was using this as a master list so I can move it to the portal anyways.

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

No you are supposed to post gifs about how mad other people are to belittle their positions ?‍♂️

I was posting gifs in response to Beaviss not you.