Who will miss the playoffs in S72?

Victor

Who will miss the playoffs in S72?  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin

Is it even a Sunday if I didn't tag all VHL members in a league-wide poll?

Last season, a small but significant majority of members correctly predicted Helsinki and New York would miss the playoffs: https://vhlforum.com/topic/79366-who-will-miss-the-playoffs-in-s71/

A few brave souls even thought Moscow might, smh.

Last season, it was a reasonably safe prediction to assume Toronto and Davos wouldn't be hugely involved in the playoff race. This season we can assume the same about Toronto and Malmo.

Of the other 10 teams, which 2 will be unfortunate enough to miss out in S72?

@Members

1 minute ago, Victor said:

image.png

Barely. :P 

Toronto fell off at the end of the season, it was much closer the majority of the season. We were between 4-8 points out of the last spot until NYA finally climbed over us again. 

Yes, Malmo will be bad. 

That said, I do think people are weirdly undervaluing NY. They have an incredible roster with so many great players that in my eyes they will easily be a Top 3 team in NA. 

Also, for EU, who knows - I think it will be between Davos and Helsinki. Riga, Moscow and Prague will make it. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

That said, I do think people are weirdly undervaluing NY. They have an incredible roster with so many great players that in my eyes they will easily be a Top 3 team in NA. 

That has been the case for the past 3 seasons so (and I, again, did not vote NY, even though I probably should at this point).

1 minute ago, FrostBeard said:

Prague will make it

Dunno about that one.

1 minute ago, Victor said:

That has been the case for the past 3 seasons so (and I, again, did not vote NY, even though I probably should at this point).

Dunno about that one.

Well, I trust in NY. 

And looking again, for Prague it all depends on what they will do this FA and if they will be able to trade for some assets that could elevate their fairly young team. 

• 1 month later...