Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

7 hours ago, bigAL said:

Press Conference for week ending June 28 2020

1.    It’s the last week of the regular season! What’s been your highlight of the season so far?

2.    The team is still unclear about the playoff qualification rules. If we’re outside the playoff picture, this week could be our final week of S72. What are your plans for S73?

3.    S73 will see four new VHL franchises added to the league. After your experience as an inaugural member of the Miami Marauders, would you want to play for a first-year expansion franchise again? Why or why not?

4.    Many of us have only ever played in the VHLM. Are you looking forward to moving up to the VHL, or are you enjoying your time in the M?

5.    Today’s Fathers Day in many countries! What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned from a father-figure in your life?

6.    What will be your song of Summer 2020 (or Winter 2020 for Andre ?)?

1. I loved all the times we held Houston to under 10 shots.

2. Depends on TPE. If I'm under the cap, you can be sure I'll be in Miami.

3. For sure. It can be a little frustrating, but, for a young player, it means a lot more ice time than you'd normally see.

4. I like the M. At lower levels, I find builds matter more than just TPE totals. I like it that way.

5. It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.

6. Because my wife keeps singing it:

1.    It’s the last week of the regular season! What’s been your highlight of the season so far?

Probably scoring the hat trick. 3 goals in one game for a D-man is nice!

2.    The team is still unclear about the playoff qualification rules. If we’re outside the playoff picture, this week could be our final week of S72. What are your plans for S73?

I plan on returning to Miami, the team that gave me a shot, to bring a championship to the franchise!

3.    S73 will see four new VHL franchises added to the league. After your experience as an inaugural member of the Miami Marauders, would you want to play for a first-year expansion franchise again? Why or why not?

I definitely would. It's a great chance to make your mark on the league, working on something from the ground up. If I didn't get into one of the expansions, I would like to play for a contender. Basically, you want to be going places and learn from the more experienced in that situation.

4.    Many of us have only ever played in the VHLM. Are you looking forward to moving up to the VHL, or are you enjoying your time in the M?

I am enjoying my time here. I think I will enjoy the VHL, but it may take a season or two to feel like I belong. :)

5.    Today’s Fathers Day in many countries! What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned from a father-figure in your life?

Work hard and care about others. Both of those things can be difficult to balance in truth. We tend to favor one over the other. But when we find that balance, it's a really good spot for us and for others.

6.    What will be your song of Summer 2020 (or Winter 2020 for Andre ?)?

That's a great question! Since Wolf is from Iceland, I suppose something by Bjork? Maybe not. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac is such a great song. But Ed Sheeran always brings something good from a current standpoint. So we'll see!

1.    It’s the last week of the regular season! What’s been your highlight of the season so far?

The whole season has been awesome, the first couple weeks were probably the highlights, where I had an early hat trick, and the whole team, expected to do nothing but lose, was winning games. If/when we clinch a playoff spot, that will definitely be the best part.

2.    The team is still unclear about the playoff qualification rules. If we’re outside the playoff picture, this week could be our final week of S72. What are your plans for S73?

Coming back to Miami with higher TPE is very exciting. I'm excited to become one of the best teams in the VHLM, and building on this season. The VHL draft is going to be awesome too, to see where I go.

3.    S73 will see four new VHL franchises added to the league. After your experience as an inaugural member of the Miami Marauders, would you want to play for a first-year expansion franchise again? Why or why not?

Yeah for sure! I love Miami, it's been fun starting with a clean slate, and being able to put myself in the record books. I also love to be doubted.

4.    Many of us have only ever played in the VHLM. Are you looking forward to moving up to the VHL, or are you enjoying your time in the M?

Of course I am looking forward to when I eventually get into the VHL, but I am really enjoying my time in the VHLM, and will stay here as long as I can.

5.    Today’s Fathers Day in many countries! What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned from a father-figure in your life?

Happy belated Father's Day to all the daddies out there! My dad has always taught me to stay competitive, and never give up.

6.    What will be your song of Summer 2020?

Love me some Mac. RIP.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:09 PM, bigAL said:

1.    It’s the last week of the regular season! What’s been your highlight of the season so far?

2.    The team is still unclear about the playoff qualification rules. If we’re outside the playoff picture, this week could be our final week of S72. What are your plans for S73?

3.    S73 will see four new VHL franchises added to the league. After your experience as an inaugural member of the Miami Marauders, would you want to play for a first-year expansion franchise again? Why or why not?

4.    Many of us have only ever played in the VHLM. Are you looking forward to moving up to the VHL, or are you enjoying your time in the M?

5.    Today’s Fathers Day in many countries! What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned from a father-figure in your life?

6.    What will be your song of Summer 2020 (or Winter 2020 for Andre ?)?

1. Every clean sheet, other team put on 0 goals kinds of games would be the highlight.

2. Staying here again, they helped pumped up the tpe here in miami

3. I would its been fun to do it in miami but after the minors, im going to new york.

4. Im enjoying my time in the minors, when im ready, id love to be in the vhl

5. N/A

6. Deftones - smile

1.    It’s the last week of the regular season! What’s been your highlight of the season so far? My highlight of the season has been our awesome locker room, where we all had a lot of fun making fun of other VHLM teams.

2.    The team is still unclear about the playoff qualification rules. If we’re outside the playoff picture, this week could be our final week of S72. What are your plans for S73? S73 we will win back to back championships in VHLM, because you already know, we are winning it all this season too!

3.    S73 will see four new VHL franchises added to the league. After your experience as an inaugural member of the Miami Marauders, would you want to play for a first-year expansion franchise again? Why or why not? Of course! I would say that expansion franchises are the best, because you can be the first star, and biggest star.

4.    Many of us have only ever played in the VHLM. Are you looking forward to moving up to the VHL, or are you enjoying your time in the M? I would love to move up to the big league, but I still haven't done everything here. These 2 seasons what youngsters are usually given are pretty short, so we have to use it as good as we can!

5.    Today’s Fathers Day in many countries! What’s a valuable lesson you’ve learned from a father-figure in your life? He said that everything that life throws at you, you can make it work.

6.    What will be your song of Summer 2020 (or Winter 2020 for Andre ?)? I don't know. Summer is already done for 1/3, so it is pretty scary and I don't have a song yet. :D

Presser for Week Ending July 5, 2020

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs.

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why?

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season?

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30 documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary?

5.   Every VHLM player is eligible for VHLM Awards. Which Marauders should win a league award, and why?

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

PS: While I have you here, please go vote for the MVM award given to the Most Valuable Marauder, as voted on by their peers.

Players:

Edited by bigAL
added PS

8 minutes ago, bigAL said:

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs.

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why?

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season?

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30 documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary?

5.   Every VHLM player is eligible for VHLM Awards. Which Marauders should win a league award, and why?

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

Players:

1.Easy man we win it all! Sweepin Minnesota, and goin all the way! 

2.A friend of mine joined the wild just a day before I did, so I aguess it's them

3.The wills will be reaching the finals no doubt, that will make a game for the ages! 

4. ESPN 30X30 Miami:Bruise city 

5. Eoin Byrne, revelation of the year! Joined 2 days before playoffs, went to win back to back and won't be drafted until S74

6.4 games, 3 of them in the finals 

1) We sweep Minnesota and we make it to the finals.

2) I dont really have another rival.

3) Philadelphia.

4) Miami, the team with that one presumed dead guy.

5) Kosmo Kramerev. 100+ points this season.

6) 5 games.

2 hours ago, bigAL said:

PS: While I have you here, please go vote for the MVM award given to the Most Valuable Marauder, as voted on by their peers.

Players:

1. Winning the series

2. Halifax, they're always trying to compete with the team I'm in for a playoff spot.

3. I don't care for the other teams, all I care for is miami. I do respect them though.

4. In Bacon we trust, in miami it begins!

5. Lamb or andre 

Screw it the whole team.

6. 2.

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs.

I think we win it 4-1, baby!

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why?

Mississauga Hounds, because a couple of us played a few games there last season.

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season?
Philly will be there or thereabouts.

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30 documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary?
Rub some bacon on it.

5.   Every VHLM player is eligible for VHLM Awards. Which Marauders should win a league award, and why?
@Bacontop goalie, @Mongoose87top DF and @dlambtop FW.

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

Philly will lose 4 games (ie: 3 more after Sundays games).

10 hours ago, bigAL said:

Players:

1. Miami Marauders in 7. Kramerev is murdered in the locker room between series.

2. Dairy, because it tried to murder me when I eat it 

3. That would be Minnesota, because if they're good enough to beat us, they're the best.

4. Can a crew of insane pirates put together a successful hockey team? Studies show, yes.

5. The Marauders are too good for any official VHLM awards. But, if I just, Kosmo could take the Sullivan.

6. 8. 3 in the first, 2 in the second, 3 in the finals.

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota 

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why?

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season?

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary?

5.   Every VHLM player is eligible for VHLM Awards. Which Marauders should win a league award, and why?

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

Just now, Rocket said:

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs. 4-1 for us 

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why? Don’t have any yet 

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season? Not sure every team is strong 

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary? The dream team

I think everyone has a chance 

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

im not sure 

Just now, Rocket said:

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs.
Is there any other prediction I can make besides us winning it all? Optimism, baby!

Osens and Dart are my rivals, but it's definitely friendly. Not really any big team rivalries for me yet, so I'll just say everyone.

I would say Minny, but well.... you know.... So I'll say Philly. They're all in this season.

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30 documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary?
Shiver Me Timbers: How a team of misfits started a VHLM dynasty

Ricer for GM of the year. (Jack Reilly) 100%. And Kosmo Kramerev for top d-man. (Ryan Sullivan)

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!

7. Book it. Where's my prize?

Well we're up 3-1, so I will do both. We win the series 4-2, and push in the second-round before falling in six. We vow vengeance on the league next season, and take it all.

It has to be Groovy Dood. We haven't spoken much since draft day separated us, but this playoff series is bringing out the best!

I'd like Philly, Las Vegas, and Mexico City. They're all pretty good--or at least they have been against us. Don't count out Miss.

The First Dance: All the Booty

Kramerev for best D-man, Bacon for goalie, and if there's some kind of leadership award, Andre.

5. Final series is 4-1.

1.   We made the playoffs! At time of writing, we’re up 2-0 on the hated Minnesota Storm. Make a prediction about the rest of the series, or the rest of the playoffs. Well now we are at game 7 but I believe in our guys and we will win game 7 and go on to 2nd round!

2.   We’re lucky to get a RIVALRY SERIES in Round 1 with the Storm. Other than Minnesota, who/what else is your rival? Why?  Everyone is my rival, because I am fighting with them for my spot in the team, but it is not a nasty rivalry!

3.   Obviously, we’re all picking the Miami Marauders to win the Founder’s Cup. Which of the other 7 teams do you think has the best chance to win this season?  If we lose, then Minnesota Storm, because they are arguably the strongest team in the league.

4.   When ESPN inevitably makes a 30 for 30 documentary about Miami’s inaugural season, what will be the title of our documentary? ''Future starts here!''

5.   Every VHLM player is eligible for VHLM Awards. Which Marauders should win a league award, and why? I would say Kramerev should win one, because he is blowing roof of every arena he is playing in.

Winner will lose 6 games.

On 6/28/2020 at 12:11 PM, bigAL said:

I say we become victorious and win it all!

I haven't been here long so i don't really know.

No clue :) 

The Mjysterious Mauraders

Everyone, because wel idk anthing... yet

6.   Guessing game: How many games will the Founder’s Cup winner lose during their playoff run? Remember, there’s only 3 rounds in VHLM playoffs. Correct answers will get a lil prize!           2

Players:

Post-post-season press conference for week ending July 12:

1. Darn, we lost. How would you assess your play during the playoffs?

2. Nominate a Miami Marauder Playoff MVP.

3. What advice would you give to players who are about to go through their first VHLM draft?

4. What was the first thing you did or first place you went after we got eliminated?

5. Now that we don’t have to eat the diet of an in-season professional athlete, what’s your favourite unhealthy food?

6. SSK or MEX? The Founder’s Cup can only go to one team!

1. Darn, we lost. How would you assess your play during the playoffs?
I was on a six game point streak, jointly leading the league in points and assists when we were eliminated. So by any normal standard I had a decent playoffs. However, it's a team game and we fell short in the first round. Once we got to the show, if we were expected to be there or not I'm proud of this team as we showed we belonged there.

@Bacon

3. What advice would you give to players who are about to go through their first VHLM draft?
Watch it live and don't worry too much about what pick/round you go in, just pray it's Miami doing the picking!

4. What was the first thing you did or first place you went after we got eliminated?

Went to the locker room to tell the boys how honoured I was to lead this group as their captain this season.

5. Now that we don’t have to eat the diet of an in-season professional athlete, what’s your favourite unhealthy food?

Bacon, silly!

SSK gotta root for the team from Canada, natch.

I felt I played my heart out, averaging almost 2 points per game. But it wasn't enough, and I need to press harder and learn from this.

Kosmo Kramerev. 18 points in 7 games. From a dman. Case closed.

Enjoy it, it's a blast. Get ready to meet new people in a new LR, and good luck!

Complained and called for a se-sim. Always works.

Sun Chips are unreal. My favourite snack food. Also Popeyes, my favourite fast food by far.

Mexico baby!

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

1. Darn, we lost. How would you assess your play during the playoffs?

1. Well, not to brag, but I killed it. I wish I'd been a little better in the elimination game, though.

2. Bacon. That guy was facing tons of shots each game, and keeping us in it.

3. Enjoy the ride, have fun and don't hesitate to ask the veterans for build advice.

4. I started planning for some sort of mopey graphic.

5. Well, I just made some delicious bagels, so right now, those.

6. Mexico. It's nice to see non-traditional hockey markets thrive.

1) I played like poop. I was absolute trash in the playoffs like in the regular season.

2) Bacon. He carried us through everything.

3) Watch the draft live and have fun in your new team. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

4) I went to my discord server and yelled at my friends because they didn't pray upon the bacon like I asked them to.

5) Bacon and Lays chips.

6) Mexico

1. Darn, we lost. How would you assess your play during the playoffs? I liked how I played. We all played our best and this time the luck was on Minnesota side. We will get them next time :)

2. Nominate a Miami Marauder Playoff MVP. Kosmo, best offensive D in the league!

3. What advice would you give to players who are about to go through their first VHLM draft? Just enjoy it. And stay active! Big teams are always looking at you and you need to keep on working hard!

4. What was the first thing you did or first place you went after we got eliminated? I cried under my blanket salty tears and eat a lot of chocolate.

5. Now that we don’t have to eat the diet of an in-season professional athlete, what’s your favourite unhealthy food? Probably sushi, but I wouldn't say it is always unhealthy. 

6. SSK or MEX? The Founder’s Cup can only go to one team! I don't know! I guess Mexico? Maybe? Ok!

It was OK, but I disappeared when it came to goals. I don't know why.

Kosmo Kramerev. He was killing it.

Don't sweat it. Where you get drafted doesn't matter as much as the culture and your growth!

Went right back to work. Vacation is later. :D

I honestly love Twinkie's.

Mex.