Miami Marauders Press Conference

bigAL

1. Darn, we lost. How would you assess your play during the playoffs? I got a few goals and points 

2. Nominate a Miami Marauder Playoff MVP. I wouldn’t know where to start.

3. What advice would you give to players who are about to go through their first VHLM draft? Keep your chin up never know what could happen 

4. What was the first thing you did or first place you went after we got eliminated? Home to my family 

5. Now that we don’t have to eat the diet of an in-season professional athlete, what’s your favourite unhealthy food? Pizza and Chinese food

6. SSK or MEX? The Founder’s Cup can only go to one team! Mex

Happy Offseason everyone!

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go?

1b. If you're already drafted, how much do you think you'll play in the VHL next season?

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks?

3. Well, none of our playoff predictions were right. We thought the winner of the MIA-MIN season would win the Cup. What do you have to say about the Saskatoon Wild, S72 Founders Cup Champions?

4. What skill or stat do you hope to improve on this off-season?

5. How would you assess your TPE earning this season? Is there anything you will do differently next season?

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number?

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go? I plan on getting drafted, yes. I really don't have a team that I am hoping to go. I would like to go to a team that is interested in me. ;)

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks? I don't know, managment probably knows it better!

3. Well, none of our playoff predictions were right. We thought the winner of the MIA-MIN season would win the Cup. What do you have to say about the Saskatoon Wild, S72 Founders Cup Champions? Cool team, cool gm!

4. What skill or stat do you hope to improve on this off-season? I want to get more physical and stronger. So I guess those!

5. How would you assess your TPE earning this season? Is there anything you will do differently next season? I will try to create one bigger media spot every month, and not 4 smaller ones. I think it is easier for me.

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number? 81 baby. Hossa!

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go?

1b. If you're already drafted, how much do you think you'll play in the VHL next season?

I do plan on it, and it's looking like late 1st/early 2nd round. I'm hoping for REDACTED, as they have been in touch the most, but you never know.

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks?

I think, especially with the question marks surrounding our players going up, D, Wing, and maybe a late goalie is what we need.

3. Well, none of our playoff predictions were right. We thought the winner of the MIA-MIN season would win the Cup. What do you have to say about the Saskatoon Wild, S72 Founders Cup Champions?

Congratulations to them! I don't know too much about them, but yeah, was a real shock to see MIN not win it all.

4. What skill or stat do you hope to improve on this off-season?

DF and SC all the way, baby.

5. How would you assess your TPE earning this season? Is there anything you will do differently next season?

I barely missed anything, except for my first few weeks. I don't think i'll change much, maybe add in a few more media spots.

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number?

80. My moms birth year, and Bryzgalov's number in Edmonton. Looks nasty on a jersey.

1) I plan on getting drafted in 3rd/4th round. Ive been in touch with a team so I hope ill be with them.

2) Probably a D Man and a goalie. Also might want to draft some more forwards.

3) Congrats to them !  Looks like a cool team but I dont really know a lot about them.

4) DF, PA, PH, SK and SC.

5) I was mostly inactive for the start of the season but I started earning more TPE towards the end of the season. I wont really change the way I get TPE.

6) 13. I was born on a 13 and it’s been a lucky number for me.

4 hours ago, bigAL said:

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go?

1b. If you're already drafted, how much do you think you'll play in the VHL next season?

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks?

3. Well, none of our playoff predictions were right. We thought the winner of the MIA-MIN season would win the Cup. What do you have to say about the Saskatoon Wild, S72 Founders Cup Champions?

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number?

1. a) From all appearances, it looks I'm a bit of a hot commodity. I don't really have a major preference as to where I go yet, thought. I don't have enough experience with the big teams for that.

2. Always go best player available. That's my first rule of drafting.

3. It's nice for something interesting to happen in Saskatchewan. Helps them stave off the existential ennui.

4. Going to be interesting in Scoring, Passing and Skating at a 1:1:1 ratio.

5. I'm pretty pleased. I maintained a productive pace, while being careful not to burn myself out, and also not to set a pace I wouldn't be able to keep up in the long run.

6. Whichever number is Numberwang at the time.

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go?

1b. If you're already drafted, how much do you think you'll play in the VHL next season?

I mean I do plan on getting drafted; hopefully first round, but early second would be good, too. I don't mind where I go; I look forward to the challenge wherever that may be.

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks?

I think we need more D men and more wingers. We should look for those who have shown signs of being active.

3. Well, none of our playoff predictions were right. We thought the winner of the MIA-MIN season would win the Cup. What do you have to say about the Saskatoon Wild, S72 Founders Cup Champions?

They were good all year, and good when it counted, and thus I believe they are quite worthy champions. Congrats to them!

I want to improve defense to an 80. It's going to be very important next season!

Pretty good. I got 14 per week pretty much every week. I will probably keep at this level of activity next season as well.

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number?

I love 88, and 81. Those are two great ones! Of course, now that Stansson is 22, I like that one also!

1. There's a lot of action going on this week. First up is the VHL Draft. Do you plan on getting drafted to the VHL? Where do you hope you go? Hopping get drafted to Miami 

1b. If you're already drafted, how much do you think you'll play in the VHL next season? Few talks but nothing yet 

2. Next up is the VHLM Draft on Wednesday. What should management be looking for with our plethora of draft picks? Not sure 

Good on them.

4. What skill or stat do you hope to improve on this off-season? Little of everything 

5. How would you assess your TPE earning this season? Is there anything you will do differently next season? Spread my tpe in the right areas working on strength now .

6. It's the offseason, and I don't want to hurt your brain too much. What's your favourite number? 14

King: “I figure I’ll go somewhere near the 20s. I’ve had some nibbles around 15-18 and even a first round question. Ultimately, I’ll go in the second. Early or late. I can’t say that doesn’t put a bit of a chip on my shoulder though.”

King: “Well, I think they found it with the guys and gals they got in the draft. Got your drafts switched around but that’s okay. We’ve got a good club here in Miami, coming off a great inaugural season. Some great talent I’ve already worked with in Vegas like Socks and Thornton. It’s gonna be a showcase year for Miami. Can’t wait.”

King: *laughing* “Well, speak for yourself, I had Mexico City in the Finals. I said if Mexico keeps games close they’ll win, but if Sasky got that offense going it was over. So.”

King: “I’m looking for improvement across the board. I spent a large part of the playoff working on my Puck Handling. I’ll continue to get some Faceoff and Scoring drills in. Passing and Defense. From there we’ll see what happens.”

King: “I’ll never be completely satisfied with it. I earned at an 11.7 rate for capped TPE, only missing one point the half season I played. That said I joined late and missed some opportunities in uncapped TPE. I’ll need to step it up even further this season. It’s a swan song for the M for me, I want to go up a champion.”

King: “94, 77, 71, or 53.”

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

I'm bigAL, AGM for your Miami Marauders, and I'll see you here every Sunday to compile questions from local media. For 2 capped TPE, you can quote this and answer all six questions as your player or your agent. Have fun with it, don't stress about getting the right answers, and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73?

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami?

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season?

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season?

5. Which team do you think will be our VHLM rivals this season, and why?

6. What point tasks do you enjoy doing most, and why?

1 minute ago, bigAL said:

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

I'm bigAL, AGM for your Miami Marauders, and I'll see you here every Sunday to compile questions from local media. For 2 capped TPE, you can quote this and answer all six questions as your player or your agent. Have fun with it, don't stress about getting the right answers, and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73?

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami?

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season?

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season?

1) I want to be the leading goal scorer in the VHLM. I also want to develop my physicality a bit more. If it is the smart option to pass though I will do that.

2) Well, we have a contending team but we won't know until puck drop where we are at.

3) I think we are still an underdog, but I embrace the new identity. I'm going to make 11 other GMs wish they had picked me in round 5.

4) Well, I don't necessarily know but I hope so. I got a lot of great forwards and defensemen on this team that I have made fast friends with throughout this pre-camp time in Miami.

5) I think the Houston Bulls and the Ottawa Lynx. Both of those teams had solid lineups. I used to play for Houston and my buddy Drew Minott plays goalie over there. Gonna score a lot of him. Ottawa also built a good team, they got my buddy Jiggly Gumballs on defense so gotta try extra hard to beat those teams.

6) I love media spots because it brings out my creative freedom in my writing and helps keep me sharp for school.

25 minutes ago, bigAL said:

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

1) Rookie of the year!
2) winning it all!!
3) I love it, bring us some heat!!

4) Yeah,doubt I'll be called up until S75
5) I have some friends I want to beat up in Minesotta and Saskatoon,and since one eliminated us from the playoffs last season and the other won it all... yeah
6) I love doing Press conferences and podcasts, They are fun!!

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

1). I’d like to see Grachev get over 30 +/- and really contribute physically as well as make Miami’s penalty kill unit the best in the VHLM.

2). Expectations are high! We have a lot of star power and I think we can at the very least make it to the finals.

3). Give me the bad boy vibe. I’d love to be the team that just puts a beating on everyone we play.

4). I sure hope so, it’s been great getting to know everyone in the locker room and I would hate to leave it. But I also understand it’s a business.

5). Probably Minnesota, they have a very good team as well and I have a feeling we will be battling with them a lot this season.

6). Right now I’ve been on a graphics kick for a week or so and that’s been fun learning more and more about techniques and styles to apply. But I also love writing when a great topic comes to mind. Additionally, I’ve been dabbing into audio work and podcasting to possibly come up with something, we will see though!

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73?

put up more points then last season and become a better player for the team 

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami? Don’t be so discouraged when we lose makes us stronger for the next games.

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season? I don’t wanna be and underdog so let’s embrace the possibilities of being a playoff team again.

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season? I really home so this first time till next playing on here same team as the season before .

5. Which team do you think will be our VHLM rivals this season, and why? It’s heard to say till we start 

6. What point tasks do you enjoy doing most, and why? Article once in a while and press conference

I was drafted and kinda thought I'd go to Prague.

Not at all.

Players with good attitudes - some wingers & a couple defencemen.

Congratulations, we are coming for it next season.

As many as I possibly can.

Not too bad around 12 per week. I'll try to max out each week and fatten that bank account.

I wear 55, but I don't really have a favourite.

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73?
40 goals and 100 points. Even if I don't, I expect 25 G and 60 points out of myself at the BARE minimum.

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami?

We're winning it all baby. Perfect group of guys, and a poop ton of TPE all around. I'm optimistic, baby.

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season?

Honestly, I prefer the underdog. It's easier to perform with no pressure at all than with it all on your shoulders.

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season?

I should be. If not, well, I will be PISSED. Marauder born and bred.

5. Which team do you think will be our VHLM rivals this season, and why?

Minnesota, since we faced (and almost beat them) last year. They should be good again. Maybe San Diego as well, another team that "won" the VHLM draft. We will see how good they are.

6. What point tasks do you enjoy doing most, and why?

Probably graphics, I love working on my skills. But these press conferences are always a treat. Thanks AL!

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73?
To help the team and new players as much as I can.

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami?

I am hoping we can turn last seasons success into a Cup win.

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season?

We are Miami and we fear no one. What drives this team is the togetherness of the players and management.

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season?

No, I have been drafted and will suit up for Prague next season.

Probably Minnesota, after last seasons playoff encounter.

I enjoy writing articles as it gives me a chance to express myself.

King: “I want to lead the league in points. I’m out to win a championship, I want to make my final season in the M worthwhile. I feel I have something to prove after last season. I’m extra motivated to get going and early.”

King: “Again. Championship. We got a great group of guys and gals here. Fishy is amazing on the back end and I’m excited for that tandem with Grachev. Bacon is a future star tendie, and what more can be said about the offensive potential on the front end this season. I’m excited to get started.”

King: “We were gonna be a target with the way the draft fell so well to our favor. I don’t mind it. I’ve got enough of a chip on my shoulder personally where that reputation doesn’t hurt my mindset going in.”

King: “I’m not really looking at that right now. Today, I’m suiting up for Miami. There’s no call up coming that I know of. Any trades that would be made are out of my hands. My focus is getting out there and making the chemistry on this roster flow. I’m focused on making the wheel go so we can ride off with a title, that’s all.”

King: “Minnesota is probably our closest interconference opponent in terms of pure talent this season. I imagine those games will be a test. With so much baggage there from the playoffs last season, I expect those guys to be circling our names on the calendar for sure. They felt pretty embarrassed by that series, I think they’ll come at us hard.”

Moose: Honestly, it may be the Media Spot. I like the idea of putting into long essay ideas and questions, things that make you think. I try to not just pad the words but give that topic the detail it deserves. It’s not always perfect, but I do my best to give things the space to paint a full picture.

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

Leading the league in assist would be really cool, but my ultimate goal is to win the Founder's Cup.

We got a really talented group of guys so I'm expecting to make the playoff at least.

I'm usually on the underdog team so it will be fun to embrace it.

I really do hope so. Miami is a really warm place to be at lol.

I feel like the Houston Bulls got a really decent squad that could compete with us very well. A lot of my fellow talented S74 top draftee are there too.

Press conferences because it/s quick and effective.

To get more assists than I did last season, and to help other players where I can. I would also like to learn more.

"Expectations" is a funny word. I expect that we will make the playoffs as a 1 or 2 seed. I expect to make the finals. I don't expect a championship; it'll be awesome if it happens, but such things can't literally be expectations.

I haven't heard that, honestly. As Stansson, I am always on the edge of underdog and villain. It could go either way. But I really enjoyed being the underdog last season!

Yes. And I greatly look forward to it!

Minnesota. They don't have Groovy Dood, but we have history, and it should be fun playing them.

I enjoy writing media spots. They allow me to pursue a story and to tell things from Wolf's perspective.

1. At the start of the season, everyone is always so optimistic! What is your individual goal for S73? I don't have any individual goals. My main goal is for Miami to win cup!

2. But, hockey isn't an individual sport. What are your S73 expectations for Miami? Win cup.

3. Lots of VHLM pundits have labelled the S73 Marauders as a "heel" team, the supervillain that you love to hate and hate to love. Will you embrace the bad-boy reputation our team has earned this season, or did you prefer the underdog role we had last season?Underdog role. Top teams are boring. fuck bruins.

4. Do you think you'll still be in a Marauder uniform at the end of the regular season? Yes and no? I don't know.

5. Which team do you think will be our VHLM rivals this season, and why? Nobody, because everyone else are bad.

6. What point tasks do you enjoy doing most, and why? I enjoy doing practice because it is one click.

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

I think this season I need to make it my goal to get 3 finals appearances with 3 separate teams. That'd be pretty cool.

To go out there every night and give it their hardest. Not more you can ask than that.

I've had the underdog role the past 2 years and it's worked pretty well, but I think It would be nice to just live up to expectations and take to the top.

As much as I'd love to go 2 seasons with a team, I think this is my last year in the VHLM.

I got a decent rivalry with Minnesota started last year. Would love to pick that back up.

I love responding back to these and answering your guys' questions!

On 7/19/2020 at 1:25 PM, bigAL said:

WELCOME TO SEASON 73!!

1. I'm hoping to earn as much TPE as I can to cap soon and start banking for my rookie season in the VHL! I'm trying to make sure that I train skills that are going to optimize my placement on the team to help out my line partner in the most effective way!

2. I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hoping that we as a team can keep a positive attitude in the locker room through our wins and losses. Our roster is stacked, and I'm not sure how the sim is going to react to that. 

3. I don't like being disliked?? I dunno, if we bulldoze the season, it could suck a lot of fun out of the randomness of sims. 

4. What does this question mean??? Are you asking if I think we'll make playoffs? If so, I hope so. Are you asking if I think I'll be traded? I don't know. Are you asking if I'm moving to the VHL? If so, I'll be wearing a Phoenix jersey at the end of my time in the M. Much to think about. 

5. I don't believe in rivalries, I believe in having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I enjoy podcasts. I personally feel like it's the easiest point task there is. I get to sit on my couch and just talk to someone and then I get TPE for it. win/win

Edited by fishy

With management busy, I offered to help out with the press conference this week. Hope it's good for you guys. Here it is for the week of 7/27/2020-08/02/2020

1.    Miami began the season 9-0-1, a phenomenal start. How do you feel the team has lived up to the expectations set by many so far and how does the current start reflect your expectations for Miami this season?

2.    How satisfied are you with your player’s start to this season? What are your expectations as the season rolls on?

3.    A lot has been said about Miami as the Evil, the Heels of the M. Ten games in, how do you feel about that perception now?

4.    To bridge into the last few questions here; What part of your player’s game are you most focused on aside from SC and DF?

5.    If you could pick one skill that could be more effective in the sim, what would it be?

6.    With 16 teams in the VHL and 12 in the M, there’s plenty of space for more new members. With what took place with recruitment recently, what suggestions would you give to the recruiters of this league on how to attract new faces?

Edited by IamMOOSE