Tyler Walker Press Conference

• 2 weeks later...

The goalie raises his hand to ask Tyler a few questions. "Hey Tyler, Hex here. I have a few questions I'd like to ask you. They are...
1] With 14 Games under your belt you've helped produce 22 Points. What would you say has helped you achieve that?
2] As of 5/28/20 You have the 3rd most assists in the VHLM. Do you think you'll be more of a play maker as the season goes on or hoping to put more pucks in the net?
3]As of 5/28/20 you're the 4th highest rated defensive man in the VHLM. How do you see yourself reaching that number 1 spot?
4]As of 5/28/20 you have a plus minus of +19 giving you the 7th spot in the VHLM for best +/-. IS that a sign to work harder on defense or push your offensive game more?
5] Has Saskatoon been a good fit for you?
6] In your rookie season you only played 19 games. With 14 under your belt do you think you'll be benched soon or are you confident your coaches will let you play more?
7] So far you only have 4 PIM, which is outstanding for any player. What helps you stay out of the box?
8] In your rookie year you had 22 hits by 19 games. With 14 games to your name you only have 4 hits. Is this due to a play style change or just haven't had the chance to body more players?
9] What aspects of your game are you going to work on this year?
10] Who on your team is your favorite defensive partner?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2020 at 1:22 AM, DrHexDex said:

The goalie raises his hand to ask Tyler a few questions. "Hey Tyler, Hex here. I have a few questions I'd like to ask you. They are...
1] With 14 Games under your belt you've helped produce 22 Points. What would you say has helped you achieve that?
2] As of 5/28/20 You have the 3rd most assists in the VHLM. Do you think you'll be more of a play maker as the season goes on or hoping to put more pucks in the net?
3]As of 5/28/20 you're the 4th highest rated defensive man in the VHLM. How do you see yourself reaching that number 1 spot?
4]As of 5/28/20 you have a plus minus of +19 giving you the 7th spot in the VHLM for best +/-. IS that a sign to work harder on defense or push your offensive game more?
5] Has Saskatoon been a good fit for you?
6] In your rookie season you only played 19 games. With 14 under your belt do you think you'll be benched soon or are you confident your coaches will let you play more?
7] So far you only have 4 PIM, which is outstanding for any player. What helps you stay out of the box?
8] In your rookie year you had 22 hits by 19 games. With 14 games to your name you only have 4 hits. Is this due to a play style change or just haven't had the chance to body more players?
9] What aspects of your game are you going to work on this year?
10] Who on your team is your favorite defensive partner?"

1.  Just strong development and a great support team around me.

2.  Definitely more of a playmaker but I recognize my shot accuracy is one of my strengths.

3.  I think as long as I keep developing and playing my hardest, that I should continue to make strides.

4.  Definitely a sign of my two way focus in my game.  Defensively I love to focus on the little details but I try to push the action every chance I get.

5.  Been an awesome fit.  No complaints at all.

6. Yep no concern.  Actually played over 80 games last year but joined the VHLM after the WHL season was canceled.

7.  My discipline.  I have no issue using a little physicality but I prefer to use my strong mobility and positional instincts to make defensive plays.

8. I think I pressed a bit too much in my first season but this year I have been far more calm and disciplined defensively.

9.  Continue to develop offensively and perhaps work on infusing more physicality into my game while maintaining my discipline play.

10.  They are all great honestly.  No complaints with any of them.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I saw you stated interest to return to GMing, awesome to see. Hypothetically speaking if you could GM any franchise including the four new expansions who would it be and why?

2. You mentioned feeling better about your health and fitness of late, as someone who has dealt with it for a while now what do you think is one of the more underrated struggles in your journey? 

3. How did you come up with the name Tyler Walker and do you have the name of a next player pre planned?

4. What league accomplishment as a player or a GM would it take for you to feel like you've acheived everything you wanted to in the league?

5. Presume sths stopped working and we had no choice but to switch Sims, what do you to with and why?

6. Do you think the league will entertain expansion again at any point before S80? Also how crazy is if that I just typed S80 as if it's a real number we aren't that far from hitting my god time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, Devise said:

1. I saw you stated interest to return to GMing, awesome to see. Hypothetically speaking if you could GM any franchise including the four new expansions who would it be and why?

2. You mentioned feeling better about your health and fitness of late, as someone who has dealt with it for a while now what do you think is one of the more underrated struggles in your journey? 

3. How did you come up with the name Tyler Walker and do you have the name of a next player pre planned?

4. What league accomplishment as a player or a GM would it take for you to feel like you've acheived everything you wanted to in the league?

5. Presume sths stopped working and we had no choice but to switch Sims, what do you to with and why?

6. Do you think the league will entertain expansion again at any point before S80? Also how crazy is if that I just typed S80 as if it's a real number we aren't that far from hitting my god time. 

1.  Probably DC.  Would be a fun new challenge and I was a big supporter of them getting a team.

2.  I think honestly its just learning not to worry about a bad day and just try to have as many good days as possible.  

3.  Was one of my go to Be a Pro names for my MLB Road to the Show games..so figured id make a VHL player with it.  Not really pre-planned but I want to go goalie next time and have debated Stone Fence.

4.  I dont think there is much else for me to win...but I've never won MVP so maybe thats it.  Id say being a League Commish tho would be the ultimate one.

5.  EHM maybe? Not sure whats out there honestly.  

6. I dont think so.  I think we are probably going to be without expansion for the next 10 seasons or so.  Though I suppose it could come up in BOG potentially.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Walker got drafted 2nd overall to Malmo, what is your reaction?

2. As an AGM and pivotal part of this Malmo rebuild, how do you think things look going forward? When do you think this group will be ready to push for a Cup?

3. Grade every expansion GMs expansion and draft. 

4. Who was the biggest steal in both of those drafts?

5. With 16 teams going forward do you think we will see a dip in the overall team parity? If so, how long will it be maintained?

6. With Condor being the top D do you expect/hope for Walker to serve more as a Robin to his Batman? In that vein, what is the overall approach to the player build for Walker? Does playing off the offensively focused Condor factor into the build decisions?

1. If you had to choose between the two, which one would you take - making the hall of fame with Walker, or winning Malmo's first cup?

2. Would you have still taken the AGM job with Malmo if you knew Walker wasn't going to be drafted there?

3. You seem to have had most of your success making defensemen, is it your favorite position to make in the VHL?  If so, why?

4. On the same note, I've noticed you haven't made very many forwards.  Is there a particular reason for this?

5. What's your favorite of the new expansion teams?

6. What players do you think could fly under the radar in the S74 draft class?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, Devise said:

1. Walker got drafted 2nd overall to Malmo, what is your reaction?

2. As an AGM and pivotal part of this Malmo rebuild, how do you think things look going forward? When do you think this group will be ready to push for a Cup?

3. Grade every expansion GMs expansion and draft. 

4. Who was the biggest steal in both of those drafts?

5. With 16 teams going forward do you think we will see a dip in the overall team parity? If so, how long will it be maintained?

6. With Condor being the top D do you expect/hope for Walker to serve more as a Robin to his Batman? In that vein, what is the overall approach to the player build for Walker? Does playing off the offensively focused Condor factor into the build decisions?

1. Satisfied.  Was one of the teams I was hoping to go to.

2. I think things look fine.  A lot of work to do but we are on the right path.

3. I think they all did a pretty good job overall.  Cop out but I actually felt all 4 did a fine job.  I lean to how Chicago handled it though by stocking up on picks in a solid draft.

4. I like the selection of Wakaro who we picked up later on.  He has been tremendous so far and I like his future as a top 4 dman.

5. A little bit but I think it won't be as bad of a dip as most.

6. Yeah pretty much.  Just building a shoot-first two-way defender who doesn't play that physical and prefers to stay back and use his stick to get in the way of lanes.  And not really I just build what I want since we aren't always paired together.

On 7/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, solas said:

1. If you had to choose between the two, which one would you take - making the hall of fame with Walker, or winning Malmo's first cup?

2. Would you have still taken the AGM job with Malmo if you knew Walker wasn't going to be drafted there?

3. You seem to have had most of your success making defensemen, is it your favorite position to make in the VHL?  If so, why?

4. On the same note, I've noticed you haven't made very many forwards.  Is there a particular reason for this?

5. What's your favorite of the new expansion teams?

6. What players do you think could fly under the radar in the S74 draft class?

1. Malmo's first cup probably.

2. No probably not.

3. Yes but I don't really have a good reason why it's my favourite.  Just seems to be the one I have the most luck with.

4. I've made about three or so and none of them really panned out so I've just never gone back that route.  Nothing inparticular, just usually how things work out.

5. Probably London.  I was a big fan of the logo, name and GM.

6. One to watch out for is Alex Zouzouambe who I think has the potential to be a really talented top-6 goal scorer in the VHL.