Calgary Wranglers s72 stat predictions

Jubis

Ok so I did one of these last season. I shall predict points stats for each Calgary Wrangler for the upcoming  S72 season.  Last season I was close on a few predictions and way way off on others. Let's see what my big brain can come up with. 

Calculating GIF by memecandy

S72 STAT PREDICTIONS 

happy ice hockey GIF by NHL

Tyler Barabash jr.

S71

GP 72  33G  37A 70 PTS

S72 Prediction 

GP 72  31G  40A  71 PTS 

I expect more or less the same solid production from the star center. He's slowly been relied on less to carry the weight offensively, compared to seasons past. Still good for 70 pts

calgary flames hockey GIF by NHL

Sigard Gunnar 

S71 

GP 72  29G  34A  63 PTS 

S72 Prediction

GP 72  28G  38A  66 PTS

Coming off a breakout year, that saw him heavily dominate some games on the score sheet. He finished 2nd in points on the Wranglers. He will tease right around the elusive point per game mark this season. 

calgary flames hockey GIF by NHL

Brady Stropko jr.

S71

GP 72  14G  47A  61 PTS

S72 Prediction

GP 72  11G  43A  54 PTS 

He had a fantastic S71 season that saw the veteran defender set a career high in points last season. I'm thinking closer to 55 pts this season tho.

Kris Rice

S71

GP 72  28G  32A  60 PTS 

S72 Prediction 

GP 72  24G  53A  77 PTS 

My only bang on prediction from last season, when I predicted 60pts. A magical season in S71 that even included a 4 goal game. Going bold here and saying the playmaker/dangler will lead the entire team in points. 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Edwin The Encarnacion 

S71

GP 72  10G  47A  57 PTS

S72 Prediction

GP 72  8G  47A  55 PTS

What an outstanding sophomore season Edwin had. I didn't come close to predicting this last season. I think he replicates his great numbers again. 

Charlie Paddywagon

S71

GP 72  9G  47A  56 PTS 

S72 Prediction

GP 72  11G  49A  60 PTS 

He had a very solid season in S71. I think he will lead out defense in points in S72. This veteran will show the youngsters how it's done. 

RJ JUBIS

S71

GP 72  30G  25A  55 PTS 

S72 Prediction 

GP 72  37G  22A  59 PTS

He finished the final stretch of last season scoring at a high rate. This saw him hit the 30 goal mark.  A non flashy player with a shoot first mindset. He may very well lead the team in goals this season. (Bias much )

200.gif

Willie Dredge

S71

GP 73  20G  17A  37 PTS 

S72 Prediction 

GP 72  26G  27A  53 PTS

Another true sniper the Wranglers have in their arsenal. He joined the team at the trade deadline and fit in well. Increased minutes and chemistry with new linemates will have him set career highs in goals and points. 

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Kefka Palazzo 

S71

GP 72  17G  18A  35 PTS 

S72 Prediction 

GP 72   19G  15A  34 PTS 

He has accepted his role on the team and has thrived in it. He has been a consistent secondary scoring threat.  I think he will score around 20 goals for the team. 

Mikko Lahtinen 

S71

GP 72   7G  22A   29 PTS 

S72 Prediction

GP 72  21G  35A   56 PTS 

Its finally arrived !!! Lahtinen's breakout year that is. Something has got to give. A player with so much talent. I think this season is finally the year. 55+pts .

Gary Tarantino

S71

GP 72   4G  4A  8 PTS

S72 Prediction 

GP 72  10G  9A  19 PTS 

Another great trade deadline addition. I think he will settle in nicely this season. He will contribute one way or another every night. Hes the gritt and sandpaper of the team. Double digit goals in S72.

minnesota wild fist pumping GIF by NHL

Latrell Mitchell

S71 VHLM (MIN)

GP 72  20G  61A  81 PTS 

S72 Rookie Season Prediction

GP 72  9G   25A  34 PTS 

The 3rd overall pick is hoping to make an immediate impact. He is coming off a 20 goal season with Minnesota of the VHLM. If any of that can translate to the VHL, the rookie will have success. 

Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

General Zod

S71 VHLM (LVA)

GP 72  9G  65A  74 PTS 

S72 Rookie Season Prediction

GP 72  4G  27 A  31 PTS 

The giant 6'8" defender is also looking to have an immediate impact. The rookie will get his opportunity this season.  He has surprisingly soft hands and was known to be one of the best passers in the VHLM. 

Ice Hockey Hug GIF by NHL

Jacques Lafontaine 

S71 

GP64  40-22-2 , 3 SO.910sv% ,2.64GAA

S72 Prediction

GP64  43-18-3  4 SO ,919sv% , 2.21GAA 

Coming off an incredible season that saw him lockup 40 wins out of 64 games.

Expect a refreshed Lafontaine to steal a few extra games this season when the offense takes the night off. 

TOTAL GOALS:

The Calgary  Wranglers scored a respectable 211 goals last season. My predictions for S72 would have them scoring a whopping 239 goals for.  We would have to go back a couple seasons to see a team score more goals. Moscow in S70 scored 250 goals and Vancouver scored 248 goals in the season previous to that in S69.

Edited by Jubis

3 minutes ago, Berocka said:

By your predictions that means 24 goals will only have a single player with an assist

I guess that is possible ? 

i have not paid attention to how many VHL goals have secondary Assists tho

9 hours ago, Jubis said:

S71 

GP 72  29G  34A  63 PTS 

S72 Prediction

GP 72  28G  38A  66 PTS

Coming off a breakout year, that saw him heavily dominate some games on the score sheet. He finished 2nd in points on the Wranglers. He will tease right around the elusive point per game mark this season

If lines aren’t changed every 5 seconds I might hit a point per game