ESPN.mx VHLM Draft Day Interview with Kamenov - P1

ESPN.mx - Hello and good afternoon everyone. Last week, we thought our good and controversial friend of the network Mr. Kamenov thought he was saying good bye to the City of Mexico and the great citizens of this town. However, since he fell in love with us so much he wanted to rejoin us this week for another interview with his interpreter Vladimir Putin, thank you for coming today we are going to talk about the recent Victory Hockey League Draft and the upcoming Victory Hockey League/m Drafts as it is draft weekend.

*Putin translates the statement for Kamenov* - Всем привет и добрый день. На прошлой неделе мы думали, что наш хороший и противоречивый друг сети г-н Каменов думал, что он прощается с Мехико и великими жителями этого города. Однако, так как он так сильно полюбил нас, что хотел присоединиться к нам на этой неделе для еще одного интервью со своим переводчиком Владимиром Путиным, спасибо, что пришли сегодня, мы поговорим о недавнем драфте Хоккейной лиги Победы и предстоящей хоккейной лиге Победы Черновики как это черновик выходного дня.

Kamenov - Спасибо, что пригласили меня на шоу. Впервые, когда я упомянул на прошлой неделе, я думал, что не вернусь. Я думал, что это потому, что я бы уже давно уехал из страны, так как собирался навестить некоторых из моей семьи в России. Тем не менее, этот проклятый вирус сдерживал нас и ограничивал наше путешествие Я думал, что президент России в качестве моего переводчика позволит мне наладить отношения с мексиканским правительством, чтобы я мог безопасно покинуть Мексику, чтобы я мог найти физическое и удобное место для меня, чтобы сесть и поговорить с любой хоккейной лигой Победы и Победа Хоккейной ЛигиМ Менеджеры. Поскольку я не мог покинуть красивую страну Мексики, я решил провести виртуальные раздоры и интервью с ними. Физические осмотры проводились должным образом защищенными медицинскими экспертами Хоккейной лиги Победы, а также с помощью главного медицинского представителя королей Мехико, чтобы удостовериться, что все мои записи обновлены. Но я русский, я сильный бык, не нужно беспокоиться. Я всегда стараюсь, когда мне позволяют находить время для моей любимой сети.

Putin - Thank you for having me on the show, first when I mentioned last week I thought I would not be back. I thought it was because I would have already been long gone from the country as was going to visit some of my family in Russia. However, this damn virus kept us contained and restricted our travel. I thought having the President of Russia as my interpreter would allow me some leniency with the Mexican Government to allow me safe passage out of Mexico so I could hold a physical and a comfortable place for me to sit down and talkto any Victory Hockey League and Victory Hockey League/m Managers. Since, I couldn't leave the beautiful country of Mexico I decided to hold virtual discord physicals and interviews with them. The physicals were conducted by properly protected Victory Hockey League medical experts and also with assistance from the Mexico City Kings chief medical officer as well to make sure all my records are up to date. But, I am Russian, I am strong bull, no need be worried. I always try when I am allowed to make time for my favorite network.

ESPN.mx - Thank you for that Viktor, last week you made some very interesting remarks about the Victory Hockey League and Victory Hockey League/m draft process about how you wanted to be addressed and how teams addressed you. Now that you have had a week to process those thoughts, went through the Victory Hockey League Draft is there anything you would have done differently now that you had this time?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Спасибо за этого, Виктор, на прошлой неделе вы сделали несколько очень интересных замечаний о проекте хоккейной лиги Победы и хоккейной лигиM о том, как вы хотели, чтобы вас рассматривали, и как команды обращались к вам. Теперь, когда у вас была неделя на то, чтобы обработать эти мысли, вы прошли проект хоккейной лиги Победы. Есть ли что-то, что вы бы сделали по-другому, если бы у вас было это время?

Kamenov - Нет, я бы не изменил то, что сделал на прошлой неделе. Это правда о личности и о том, кто я, и теперь я рад, что лига смогла обработать мою смену юридического имени и позволить мне поделиться своими русскими корнями с миром. Я аплодирую административному персоналу Хоккейной лиги Победы за то, что он обрабатывал мои документы, вероятно, быстрее, чем я когда-либо видел обработанные документы. Помните, я выросла в Канаде, поэтому оформление документов было слишком медленным. Обычно недели на месяц для чего-то глупого и маленького. Спасибо административному персоналу хоккейной лиги Победы за помощь в оформлении и обработке документов.

Когда дело дошло до того, что люди называют «Каменовым рэнтом», я бы не стал его менять. Эта напыщенная речь дала мне разоблачение того, кто я есть, и позволила тем жалким генеральным менеджерам, которые не нашли время, сесть с нами, чтобы задать мне разумные вопросы о том, кто я, что заставляет меня тикать, что работает. Эта напыщенность либо заставляла некоторые команды уклоняться от меня, либо потенциально заставляла их думать. Боже мой, человек страстный, мы хотим его. Эта разглагольствование каким-то образом помогло мне неожиданно, и то, что многие из так называемых экспертов в области СМИ вокруг Хоккейной лиги Победы в день драфта выпустили статью для СМИ, в которой говорилось, что я буду вторым раундом таланта Хоккейной лиги Победы. Глупость, я думаю, что я могу быть талантом первого круга, чертовски безумна.

Putin - No, I would not have changed a thing I did last week. It is true about identity and who I am and now I am pleased the league was able to process my legal name change and allow me to share my Russian roots to the world. I applaud the Victory Hockey League Administrative staff for processing my paperwork in probably the fastest I have seen any paper work processed. Remember, I grew up in Canada so paperwork there was so slow to process. Normally weeks to a month for something stupid and small. Thank you Victory Hockey League Administrative Staff for helping us with the paperwork and processing it. 

When it came to what people are calling "The Kamenov Rant", I would not change it at all. That rant got me exposure for being who I am and it allowed those pathetic General Managers who did not take the time to sit down with us to ask me intelligent questions about who I am, what makes me tick, the works. That rant either made some teams shy away from me or potentially made them think. My god, the man is passionate we want him. That rant somehow helped me out of the blue and what many of the so called media experts around the Victory Hockey League on the day of the draft launched a media piece saying I would be a second round Victory Hockey Leaue talent. The gall, of me thinking I could be a first round talent is crazy as hell. 

ESPN.mx - So, what was your reaction when the Malmo Nighthawks drafted you 8th overall in what is believed to be one amazing top heavy draft class?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Итак, как вы отреагировали, когда Malmo Nighthawks взяли вас на восьмое место в том, что, как считается, является одним из лучших классов с тяжелым драфтом?

Kamenov - Сначала я буду скромным и скажу, что был шокирован Вашингтоном (ад), где живет эта сумасшедшая леди. Вы знаете один. Говорят, она чертовски раздражает. Так что, да, я был в шоке, если честно. Я думал, что моя напыщенная речь обеспечит мне место второго раунда со всеми более авторитетными игроками, у которых было больше доступа к спортзалу, которые опередили бы меня. Вы знаете, это безумие, когда даже так называемые профессионалы VSN смеялись и были шокированы, когда Мальмё поднялся на подиум и сделал объявление. Никто не мог предсказать это, я был на раздоре с моими бывшими одноклубниками из Мехико, пока мы наблюдали за драфтом, и я думаю, что мы все просто моргнули и посмотрели друг на друга, глядя на всех товарищей по команде, которые связаны друг с другом сезон научиться узнавать. Что .. черт ... случилось ... это ... это .. шутка? Серьезно, я занял 8-е место в общем зачете за некоторыми намного более результативными игроками в драфте, и я искренне ожидал, что меня пригласят в команду моего товарища по команде Криса Хайлендса. Мы смеялись, а потом все еще недоумевали по этому поводу.

Putin - At first I will be humble and say I was shocked to Washington DC (hell) where that crazy lady lives. You know the one. They say she is annoying as hell. So, yes I was shocked as hell to be honest. I thought my rant secured me a second round spot with all the more established players who had more access to the gym would have gone ahead of me. You know it's crazy when even the so-called professionals of the VSN laughed and were shocked when Malmo walked up to the podium and made the announcement. No one could have predicted it, I was on a discord call with my former Mexico City Kings team mates while we were watching the draft and I think we all just blinked and looked at each other with that one look all team mates who bond over a season learn to recognize. What .. the.. fuck... happened... is.. this.. a .. joke? Seriously, I went 8th overall behind some much better performing players in the draft and I honestly expected to be drafted my fellow team mate Chris Hylands. We laughed and then still perplexed about it.

ESPN.mx - So were there any hard feelings between you and Hylands about you getting drafted before he did?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Так были ли какие-то обиды между вами и Хиландсом по поводу того, что вы были призваны раньше, чем он?

Kamenov - Ебать нет К счастью, к тому времени, когда меня пригласили присоединиться к группе просмотра проекта Malmo Nighthawks в качестве нового члена организации. У меня было три вопроса на уме. Почему они взяли меня перед моим приятелем Hylands; что они курили, что выбрали меня так высоко и наконец ... просто в общем, почему. Это были большие, потому что я хотел попросить их составить Hylands, но я держал рот на замке, потому что я новичок в команде.

Putin - Fuck no. Lucky enough by the time I was invited to join the Malmo Nighthawks Draft Viewing Party as the newest member of the organization. I had three  questions on my mind. Why they took me before my buddy Hylands; what were they smoking that they picked me so high and finally... just in general why. Those were the big ones as I wanted to ask them to draft Hylands but I kept my mouth shut as I am brand new to the team.

ESPN.mx - So, when you finally joined the viewing party what was the reaction?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Итак, когда вы наконец присоединились к зрителям, какова была реакция?

Kamenov - Это было здорово, потому что вы знаете, что Путин - мой переводчик, но наш общий друг Дейв Смит из агентства BigTittySmitty - мой агент, который заключает мои контракты со многими успешными игроками во многих спортивных лигах. После того, как у вас будет Карьера в Зале Славы, следующей задачей для Смитти было стать агентом игрока. Таким образом, он был агентом многих великих игроков, начиная с больших денег, зарабатывая очки, набирая очки у Асбьёрна Александерсена, Дэвида Вудворда, Джей Джей Виндзора и Тикканена. Смитти знает, как получить деньги для всех нас, когда хочет получить монету. Но я дал понять Смитти, чтобы мы просто подписали наш контракт, но Хилэндс подписал его сначала. Я был спроектирован первым, пусть сначала подпишет. это только справедливо по моему мнению.

Putin - It was great as you know Putin is my translator but our mutual friend Dave Smith of the BigTittySmitty Agency is my agent who negotiates my contracts for many successful players over many sports leagues. After you have a Hall of Fame Career the next thing for Smitty was to become a player agent. So, he has been an agent of many great players starting with big money making scoring phenom Asbjorn Alexandersen, David Woodward, JJ Windsor, and the Tikkanen's. Smitty knows how to get money for sure for all of us when he wants to get the coin. But I made it clear to Smitty to just have us sign our contract but have Hylands sign his deal first. I got drafted first, let him sign first. it's only fair in my opinion.

EPSN.mx - So, did Frosty tell you why he drafted you so high?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Итак, Морозный сказал тебе, почему он призвал тебя так высоко?

Kamenov - Да, он сделал, в день черновика у нас была, пожалуй, моя самая любимая разногласная конференц-связь, и у нас фактически был разговор, в отличие от некоторых других разговоров, которые были односторонними, и никаких комментариев или мыслей не было. Как я уже упоминал, когда дело доходит до вопроса о печеньках без ответа и без диалога, переходя туда-сюда, я даю все основные ответы, и я больше не буду им объяснять себя. Фрости не торопился и объяснил, что он услышал о мне кое-что хорошее из таинственных источников и честно почувствовал, что если бы он меня не схватил, то я был бы вне досягаемости к тому моменту, когда был доступен следующий выбор, думаю, ходили слухи, что даже агент dylanjj37 был одним из тех людей, но когда я попросил моего переводчика использовать некоторые из его ресурсов, чтобы подтвердить, действительно ли это так, они не смогли это подтвердить.

Но, возвращаясь к Хайлэндсу, я честно подумал, что если использовать эту логику, почему бы не взять Хайлендса, а затем подождать меня во втором раунде или обменять его и загрузить еще несколько пиков для еще более удивительного таланта. Но я не отвечаю, и слава Богу, я не.

Putin - Yes he did, the day of the draft we had probably my absolute favorite discord conference call and we actually had a conversation unlike some of the other conversations were all one sided and no input or thoughts going into it. As I mentioned, when it comes to cookie cutter question with no response and no dialogue going back and forth I give every basic answers and I will not further explain myself to them. Frosty took the time and explained he heard some good things about me from mysterious sources and honestly felt if he did not grab me then I would have been off the board by the time the next pick was available, I think a rumor was that even agent dylanjj37 was one of those people but when I asked my interpreter to use some of his resources to confirm if this was in fact true, they were unable to confirm it. But getting back to Hylands, I honestly thought if using that logic why not take Hylands and then wait for me in the second round or trade back and load up some more picks for even more amazing talent. But, I am not in charge and thank God I am not.

ESPN.mx - So, how excited are you about being drafted to the Malmo Nighthawks?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Итак, как вы взволнованы тем, что вас привлекли в «Мальмё ночные ястребы?
Kamenov - Честно говоря, я очень взволнован тем, что меня призвали После того, как у нас было это собеседование во время черновика, я подумал, что они могли взять меня с выбором второго раунда, кроме как потрясти систему и взять меня перед другими игроками, которые имели больше доступа в спортзал, чем я. Боже мой. Когда я начал изучать черновик, я не задумывался над условием, что я куплю систему, которую мне даст мой потенциальный будущий Генеральный директор, но я не берусь за чушь и не даю ее. Я говорю это так, как есть. Если вам не нравится это ваш выбор, и я буду уважать вас за это. Мальмо до сих пор был великим для меня, и им даже нравится мой ужасный сухой русский юмор, когда я в шутку говорю Морозному, что это всего лишь вопрос времени, когда я отклоню его контрактное предложение. Видишь, я шучу, а мы все смеемся. Это все очень весело для всех. Интересно, будет ли агент игрока gorlab шокирован, увидев это собеседование, а затем дважды попробует обозначить меня бюстом, потому что они подняли меня так высоко в драфте?

Putin - Honestly, I am very excited that they drafted me. Once we had that sit down interview on draft day I thought they may have taken me with their second round pick but to shock the system and take me before other players that had more access to the gym than I. My goodness. When I started looking to the draft I kept an open mind on the condition that I will buy into the system my potential future General Manager will give me but I do not take bullshit or give it. I tell it like it is. If you do not like it that is your choice and I will respect you for that. Malmo so far has been great to me and they even like my terrible dry Russian humor of me jokingly telling Frosty I it is just a matter of time before I reject his contract offer. See, I make joke and we all laugh. It all big fun for everyone. I wonder if the player agent gorlab will be shocked to see this sit down interview and then do a double take on labeling me a bust because they took me so high in the draft?

ESPN.mx - So Viktor, new team, new people well outside of Hylands what's it like sharing conference time with the folks in Malmo?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Итак, Виктор, новая команда, новые люди далеко за пределами Хайлендса, каково это делиться временем на конференции с ребятами из Мальмё?

Kamenov - Честно говоря, люди там удивительные, настолько ободряющие и забавные, когда предлагают предлагать мне помощь на каждом этапе пути к их культуре, и я с нетерпением жду возможности присоединиться к ним на льду. Как вы знаете, мой агент BigTittySmitty является легендой в других лигах как агент, поэтому он представил меня своему давнему другу и одному из людей, которых он любил больше всего, когда он впервые стал агентом игрока, и это OrbitingDeath. Честно говоря, OrbitingDeath и BigTittySmitty уходят в прошлое на много лет назад. Они оба представляли игроков, которые играли за Ванкуверских китобоев, где они фактически были капитанами своих команд в сезонах соответствующих лиг. Игрок OrbitingDeath перешел в высшую лигу, так что они вдвоем поддерживали связь со своими личными капитанами. Уоллеры звонили им, где OrbitingDeath поможет наставнику агента игрока BigTittySmitty ориентироваться на улицах Ванкувера и общаться с командой менеджеров Whalers и вести себя как профессионал. Если бы не он, я не думаю, что агентство BigTittySmitty и Дейв Смит не были бы там, где мы сегодня представляем меня здесь, в Victory Hockey League.

Putin - Honestly, the folks there are amazing so encouraging and fun to be around offering to help me every step of the way get acclimated to their culture and I look forward to joining them on the ice. As you know my agent BigTittySmitty is a legend in other leagues as an agent so he introduced me to a long time friend of his and one of the people he loved the most when he first became a player agent and that is OrbitingDeath. OrbitingDeath and BigTittySmitty go way back many years to be honest. They both represented players that played for the Vancouver Whalers where they both were actually captains of their teams in their respective minor league seasons. OrbitingDeath's player moved onto the big leagues so the two of them kept touch in their private captains Whalers calls they had where OrbitingDeath would help mentor the player agent BigTittySmitty navigate the streets of Vancouver and dealing with the Whalers management team and how to conduct myself as a professional. If it was not for him I do not think the BigTittySmitty agency and Dave Smith would not be where we are today representing me here in the Victory Hockey League.

ESPN.mx - It seems there is a growing friendly competition going on between Hylands, Frostbeard who is eligible for your upcoming minor league draft and yourself how is that going?

*Putin translates the question for Kamenov* - Похоже, что между Хайлендсом, Ледобородом, который имеет право участвовать в предстоящем драфте в высшей лиге, и вами самих, нарастает дружеская конкуренция. Как дела?

Kamenov - Ну, честно говоря, это дружеское соревнование прямо сейчас, чтобы увидеть, кто может посещать тренажерный зал сильнее и чаще всего. Хайландс пинает задницу, проводя большую часть времени в тренажерном зале по сравнению с остальными из нас, поэтому он такая красавица. Ледобородый, будучи новичком для меня, и даже моложе меня и Хайлендса, чмокнул в середину нас, когда мы ходили в спортзал и пользовались тренировками. Я немного отстаю от Ледяной Бороды и жду, когда администрация лиги признает, что провел в тренажерном зале немного больше времени, чем то, что показано на бумаге. Медицинские бригады здесь так важны, чтобы мы не пострадали от этого. Это соревнование заставит нас двигаться вперед и послужит только одной цели. Чтобы помочь Мальме, когда мы готовы конкурировать. Это то, что заставило меня так заинтересоваться, когда я снова сижу с тобой за моим компьютером, потому что я хотел рассказать миру о себе и о том, как все происходит таким образом, что я не отрекаюсь от тебя. Я искренне сожалею об этом. Это был просто триггерный момент для меня.

Putin - Well to be honest, its a friendly competition right now to see who can hit the gym the hardest and most often. Hylands is kicking ass spending the most amount of time in the gym compared to the rest of us which is why he is such a beauty. Frostbeard while new to me, and even younger than myself and Hylands is dab smacked in the middle of us in time spent going to the gym and using the training facilities. I'm trailing a little bit behind Frostbeard myself and waiting on the league administrators to acknowledge I have spent a little extra time in the gym than what shows on paper. Medical teams are so important here and to make sure we do not hurt ourselves over doing it. This competition will keep us moving forward and it will only serve one goal. To help Malmo when when we are ready to compete. It's what made me so interested in coming back sitting down with you on my computer because I wanted to tell the world more about myself and how things are going in a manner that does not involved me going off on you. I honestly am sincerely sorry about that. It just was a trigger moment for me.

ESPN.mx - It's honestly amazing your story and we at ESPN.mx are so glad you have decided to share your story exclusively with us during these hard times. The fans of ESPN.mx have been calling our call centers begging for new content and most definately asking for you to come back to do another interview with us. So I wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so.  I must say the production crew is always having an amazing time when you join us on the show.

*Putin translates the statement for Kamenov* - Это поразительно, ваша история, и мы на ESPN.mx очень рады, что вы решили поделиться своей историей исключительно с нами в эти трудные времена. Поклонники ESPN.mx звонили в наши колл-центры, прося о новом контенте и, безусловно, просили вас вернуться и дать нам еще одно интервью. Поэтому я хотел поблагодарить вас за то, что вы нашли время в своем напряженном графике.

**WHILE PUTIN is in the middle of translating the final sentence the studio at ESPN.mx a black box with white writing stating we are having technical difficulties and are unsure when we will be able to broadcast the interview. We will keep recording as it is live and air the second half of the interview when the producers allow us time to do so**

Word Count: 2103 - Claiming for the weeks of: May 18 - 24; May 25 - May 31 ; June 1 - 7 ; June 8 - 14
*Don't worry - there is a Part 2 that I am already working on but however due to league rules and circumstances of time of posting said media piece I had to break it up this week*
As well, anytime I show who is talking and the actions of Putin translating for Kamenov. I also did not include the Russian translation. It just helps with how I am telling the story. Yes, I did include the final piece as we went off the air as it is part of the story and sets the stage for Part 2

Edited by BigTittySmitty

This is a really great article! I love how you used Russian and then translated it. The article kept me engaged and interested throughout the entire read. One suggestion I would have is that is is a little hard to look at with so much writing. maybe adding colour or bolding the russian woud make it better. 9/10

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Review

This was a very well done interview which had both humor and flow. I thought the bit with the translator was cool and you posted in Russian to give it that real feeling. Overall, I could see nothing wrong with the article other than maybe some color or a picture. Good stuff BigTitty.

10/10 would read again. Hopefully I get to review part 2/2 if there even was one like you promised.

Edited by TheLastOlympian07

Great job with the article. The fact you had a translator is very creative. The only problem I really have is that it's a bit overwhelming and feels semi cluttered. With that it gets a 9/10.