Gregg Stallion Scouting Report

VHL Virtual Draft, May 16, 2020

Prospect Showcase: Gregg Stallion, Belgium.

It was a season that should have been an absolute disaster for the Houston Bulls, they had no right to be a competitive team but as the season progressed it became clear that the Bulls were an exciting team that was not able to get a lot of wins but it placed a spotlight on many players who thrived on the ice for a Bulls team that had no right to be as competitive as it was.

Arguably the standout player of the team was the 20 year old from Belgium; Gregg Stallion. Stallion came to the VHLM with many question marks and many people wondering if his skills would translate from a much lesser league into the highly competitive VHLM. “I had a lot of focus on me, and it added a lot of pressure to me coming over from Belgium.” Stallion stated in an exclusive interview. “At 17 some hockey videos of me went viral and people began to cam-belgium-team2.jpg.26600bfa9a1033e5c3a8b3146b37414a.jpgll me the ‘Belgian Beauty’ for some of the dekes and moves I was making, I was scared to get that much attention to be honest I felt like it added a ton of pressure for me to do well.” Sure enough on March 28th 2020 Gregg Stallion was able to go to the free agency for the VHLM, and received only one offer; from the tanking Houston Bulls.

“I was dissapointed to only get one offer to be honest but it made me want to prove all the teams that passed me over wrong.” Stallion set out to make teams regret not sending him an offer in the only way he knew how “I was going to score on them a lot” Stallion said laughing in the interview. Surely in retrospect all of the Gms wish they did what the Bulls did and simply send him an offer as Stallion thrived in Houston scoring at a better pace than many star players on other teams. By the time the season 72 VHL draft came around no one was going to overlook the Belgian Beauty anymore and he was drafted in the early second round by a Vancouver Wolves team that absolutely won the draft with there four top picks.

“I think the Wolves were able to draft a dynamic player who can score in all areas of the ice and play to help his line mates thrive, I am a very unselfish player and I want to see my team win in all circumstances.” Stallion said to a scouting panel. “That is a strength that I have, it comes from the way I was raised and the values my parents gave me, I am team first guy, I would rather do awful statistically but be able to help my team thrive than be a top player taking points away from my team and causing us to lose because of selfish plays.”

“I know I need to grow defensively and I need to get more accurate in my shooting but I also know that the Vancouver coaching staff and my teammates are going to help me grow in these aspects, I was draft by one of the top organizations in the league and I want to show them that they drafted the right guy, I am ready to win in Vancouver.” A visibly excited Gregg Stallion told the media minutes after getting drafted 15th overall. “Watch out Vancouver, The Belgian Beauty is coming soon.” Stallion said with a wide smile in between excited laughter.

603 Words

Edited by SweatyBeaver