Day in a Life - Tyler Walker (Entry 6)

Advantage

Day in a Life - Tyler Walker - Edition 6

It’s official, I am a member of the Saskatoon Wild.  I am very excited to end up here after spending the latter half of last year on the San Diego Marlins.  Pretty happy to be closer to home and be in a locker-room that seems far more mature and experienced than what I have seen in the past.

I was selected fifth overall, after the Saskatoon Wild used back-to-back picks on Lucas Brandt and myself with four and five.  Was pretty shocked to see Brandt somehow get to four, especially given many had predicted he’d easily be a top two pick in the draft.  

Sadly, I will not be reuniting with my former teammate, Frostbeard, but I like what our GM put together.  Selecting the likes of Krestanovich, Gyrfalcon and D.B. Jr. seem like great choices to go along with Brandt and myself, and I feel we could definitely be a threat for the Founders Cup.

Only time will tell I guess, but I’m excited to get back to working hard on improving who I am as a player, in hopes of being drafted as high as I can in the VHL and of course, to help the Saskatoon Wild go all the way come playoff time.

T.W.7.