Town of Salem #5

Gustav

Doctor Strange looks back on one of his alternate timelines. Thanos picks up the gauntlet, drops the last stone in, and dabs.

Everyone undies, and it's time for the VHL's fifth game of Town of Salem!

First of all:

Rules are here

The Town of Salem Wiki is here

A picture of me when I realized that @McWolf didn't sign up--again!--may be found here

What to say, what to say...

This game, I'll be introducing whispers, in limited form! Details here:

Spoiler

-A whisper is like a DM to somebody else playing the game. You are not allowed to DM other players, but this gives you a legal way to contact another player directly and in private (with a few caveats).

-Each night, you may submit ONE whisper with your night actions. This will be a message to me, the moderator, stating the name of your target and the message you wish to send.

-In the morning, these messages will be sent. The target of your whisper will not be changed by any role that may cause you to take a night action on someone else (Transporters, Witches, Coven Leaders, etc.) and your whispers will not be blocked if you or your target is roleblocked or jailed.

-Each whisper has a limit of 50 words. I'm not going to be super harsh about this and enforce it as a hard cutoff; just keep that as a general guideline and don't write someone an essay.

-If there is a Blackmailer in the game, they will be able to read every whisper.

-Along with the morning results will come a list of who has whispered to whom.

Your whisper will not go through if:

-You were killed at night

-The person you're whispering to was killed at night

-You were blackmailed (however, if you are blackmailed, you may receive whispers)

-You are a Mayor who has been revealed, or you are whispering to a Mayor who has been revealed

...and here, have a copy-paste of the general guidelines from Game 4:

-I'm going with my usual starting and ending times as a general guideline: WHENEVER THE HELL I WAKE UP marks the start of each day phase, and 9 PM EST marks the start of each night phase. Those will be the times that I'll aim for, but, officially, the start of one phase and the end of another comes whenever I make the announcement. You'll be pinged. I will do my best to give out expected announcement times, but I reserve the right to kick off any phase at any time.

-No talking in this thread during night phases. That goes for everybody, regardless of role. I have no power to lock this thread at night, and there's no official penalty for talking in here at night, but if you see one of your fellow citizens doing so, please yell at them for me.

-Do not edit posts. I've been relaxed about not yelling at people who have, but editing is a sneaky way to take out potentially incriminating information. If you say something stupid, too bad. Don't change it.

-If you are reasonably able to be online at the start of the night phases, please make an effort to do so. The JAILOR is able to speak with you in their own Discord server at night, and that is when I will send an invite to whoever is jailed. If it is within your power to do so and doesn't present a huge inconvenience, please be online when the night phase starts and please join the server out of respect for the Jailor and their time.

-DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, it MUST be done through a whisper (see above for whispering rules and guidelines)

-STAY ACTIVE. If you do go two day and night phases in a row without speaking in public, speaking in a private Discord, or sending me a night action (or specifically telling me you do not want to take a night action), I will swing the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death. You do not want the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death, and neither does anybody on your side.

-The game starts NOW, with an extended Day 1 phase lasting until (about) 9 PM EST tomorrow.

Role List:

1x JAILOR

2x TOWN PROTECTIVE

2x TOWN SUPPORT

2x TOWN INVESTIGATIVE

1x TOWN KILLING

4x RANDOM TOWN

1x COVEN LEADER

4x RANDOM COVEN

1x NEUTRAL EVIL

2x RANDOM NEUTRAL

1x ANY

List of players (21):

@a_Ferk

@Alex Bridges

@BarzalGoat

@Berocka

@bigAL

@Caboose30

@ContinentalCup036

@Devise

@diacope

@diamond_ace

@DoktorFunk

@Doomsday

@jhatty8

@Mike

@MMFLEX

@Mr_Hatter

@Nykonax

@omgitshim

@Proto

@Ricer13

@Spartan

Thank you for hosting this again Gustav! 

I am JAILOR, and I am calling for tp lo on me tonight. That means if you are town protective (doctor or bodyguard), and lookout I demand you go on me tonight.

As jailor, I am going to declare myself the towns dictator and run the show. It is crucial for my plan that only town protective and lookout go on me tonight, and if anyone not on those roles goes on me I very well could wind up killing them.

If anyone else claims to be a jailor, I am killing them on night 2 no exceptions. 

2 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

I am JAILOR, and I am calling for tp lo on me tonight. That means if you are town protective (doctor or bodyguard), and lookout I demand you go on me tonight.

As jailor, I am going to declare myself the towns dictator and run the show. It is crucial for my plan that only town protective and lookout go on me tonight, and if anyone not on those roles goes on me I very well could wind up killing them.

If anyone else claims to be a jailor, I am killing them on night 2 no exceptions. 

What if I'm the jailor???? Also what if I want to be the dictator here???

Just now, ContinentalCup036 said:

Also, since we now have whispers, I encourage everyone who would like to tell me their role. Since there is no mafia (blackmailer) in this game, I dont believe any other roles can hear our whispers @GustavMattias please confirm this. 

Only BMer can see whispers

Just now, ContinentalCup036 said:

Also, since we now have whispers, I encourage everyone who would like to tell me their role. Since there is no mafia (blackmailer) in this game, I dont believe any other roles can hear our whispers @GustavMattias please confirm this. 

8 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

1x ANY

spoopy paranoia noises

But I will confirm that the Blackmailer is the only role that can read whispers https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Blackmailer 

5 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

Finally someone starts this thing off right!

12 minutes ago, Caboose30 said:

@ContinentalCup036 I dont believe you btw, you should jail me N1 and prove it

not gonna commit to that. I prove it because I dare anyone else to claim jailor. If they want to die night 2 they can falsely claim jailor. Its an extremely bold and stupid play to fake jailor because the real one can just kill you. If i am not the real jailor they better kill me night 2. But I will not be killing myself because I am the jailor

2 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

not gonna commit to that. I prove it because I dare anyone else to claim jailor. If they want to die night 2 they can falsely claim jailor. Its an extremely bold and stupid play to fake jailor because the real one can just kill you. If i am not the real jailor they better kill me night 2. But I will not be killing myself because I am the jailor

Fine hardball it is. I'm the jailor. I doubt you'll kill me though.

Also for those of you who choose to whisper me your roles, also let me know who you are visiting. For example, lets say an investigator tells me he is going to investigate Dil tonight, and dies to a medusa with his will destroyed. This would give me strong evidence who medusa is

4 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

Also for those of you who choose to whisper me your roles, also let me know who you are visiting. For example, lets say an investigator tells me he is going to investigate Dil tonight, and dies to a medusa with his will destroyed. This would give me strong evidence who medusa is

The whisper won't work if they die

6 minutes ago, omgitshim said:

Two calls for Jailor in a (likely) Medusa game...

That’s actually a good call I hadn’t thought of. I will be jailing caboose tonight, and killing him night 2. This way if any town protective foolishly think he is jailor, I will defend them from him since he will be in jail.

47 minutes ago, Devise said:

Big group party up in here, town let's get it popping. 

8CA10729-68BE-4CAA-B6B8-2752B11AA637.jpeg.0dc376678e3afdd772a0b85a5fba5d86.jpeg