Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

WiaitDx.png

:yuk:Yukon Rush Press Conference :yuk:

(for week ending in 4/25)

1. The war has ended with San Diego with them being victorious. Thus, that means I will have to get pied in the face on video and post it to the VHL. Any suggestions on what should be the bet for next year's war with the Marlins?

2. It seems like the playoffs are going to be a long shot for us to make it, unless we go on a tear in the last stretch. How likely do you think it'll be for us to make it, and are you disappointed if we end up missing?

3. The trade deadline is about to end, and unless there are any last minute moves, Yukon isn't going to be making any further moves. However, we did make a pretty huge trade by sending our best forward TPE wise who go up to the VHL next season for another player who should be here for next year and a mid-pick. What do you think about this trade?

4. Speaking about getting pied to the face, what is the most embarassing thing that's happened to you in public?

5. The lockdown is finally starting to get slowly lifted here in Hungary, how is it currently where you are? Is your city shut-down currently?

6. @fromtheinsideis currently teaching me about the lovely sport of baseball and showing me how cool it is to get touchdowns in MLB: The Show. Do you have any other favourite sports you watch or play besides hockey?

1 minute ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The war has ended with San Diego with them being victorious. Thus, that means I will have to get pied in the face on video and post it to the VHL. Any suggestions on what should be the bet for next year's war with the Marlins?

Definitely should be having to do the ice bucket challenge and bring the memories of that back to existence.

2. It seems like the playoffs are going to be a long shot for us to make it, unless we go on a tear in the last stretch. How likely do you think it'll be for us to make it, and are you disappointed if we end up missing?

This is sad to say but the playoffs seem out of our reach and that the trading of the great our team would really need to turn this season around.

3. The trade deadline is about to end, and unless there are any last minute moves, Yukon isn't going to be making any further moves. However, we did make a pretty huge trade by sending our best forward TPE wise who go up to the VHL next season for another player who should be here for next year and a mid-pick. What do you think about this trade?

It was needed as we most likely are out of the playoffs and the great can have a good run before moving to the VHL and having success there and can end his VHLM career on a high note.

4. Speaking about getting pied to the face, what is the most embarassing thing that's happened to you in public?

Probably getting tripped and falling in front of people then people look at you weird then you just have to shake it off.

5. The lockdown is finally starting to get slowly lifted here in Hungary, how is it currently where you are? Is your city shut-down currently?

Currently we are doing alright as we no longer have a county wide mandate in place. No we are not currently shut down.

6. @fromtheinsideis currently teaching me about the lovely sport of baseball and showing me how cool it is to get touchdowns in MLB: The Show. Do you have any other favourite sports you watch or play besides hockey?

I watch football sometimes whenever hockey isn’t on and so I can have something else to do and sometimes I like to go bowling with friends and family and it can be a good bonding moment.

8 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

This ones a little bold, but eating a ghost pepper? 

Given that were 17 point back of San Diego with only 8 games left, we can't mathematically make the playoffs, It being my first season in the VHLM I am a little disappointed but, I know next year we will come back stronger and ready to make a push for the founders cup!

I think this trade signifies a real push for next season as we have a pair of firsts in the draft and a handful of already drafted players that should be around 180-200 TPE at the start of next season. Seeing how we're on the outside looking in at this point in time I love the trade as it does give us a great starting point for next season as The Great would have been moving on to the VHL. I would also like to wish The Great the best of luck in Halifax and hopefully he can end his VHLM career with another Founder's cup. 

When I served as the Student Athletic therapist for the Brock University Hockey team I took a stick in the face when I was on the bench and broke my nose.

Seeing that I live in Ontario the lock-down is picking up again, hopefully cases start to drop off quickly and we can get back to some semblance of normal life.

Growing up I was really into downhill skiing.

3 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. The only thing I can think of is the losing GM has to do the winner’s TPE earning for a week? I doubt this is within the rules, but just an idea. 
2. Who knows, the season’s coming to an end. It’s disappointing, but no matter what I think we can contend next season, especially since management will have higher picks at their disposal. I want to be a Rush next season and hope to be a playoff team. 
3. Spoiler alert: a blockbuster deal was made just before the deadline😉. Obviously the Great was a great player, and it’s sad to see them go, but this trade made sense, considering they will likely graduate to the VHL very soon, and we are building for next season. 
4. Hmm...idk. I’ve watched some people get pied before, never been pied. Sorry Juice 😂

5. Not full lockdown, same here. Some things are open, not everything. Schools are starting to open again. 
6. Love to watch and throw the football. I have thought about trying out the VHL’s affiliate, the EFL. Focusing on this right now, maybe that in the future. 

7 hours ago, Juice said:

Loser shaves his head

I would have really liked to be a part of the playoffs with this team, but it seems unlikely, but I'm looking forward to next year, when we will dominate

Personally, it was a good trade for me. I felt like a change was much needed and I'm really happy to end up here in Yukon

Peed in my pants when I was 7

Yeah, here in Quebec city, we are shutdown until Sunday, but I'm scared there will be another announcement in the upcoming days

I love baseball and Football and I'm starting to gain interest for soccer

10 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

Duck Taped to a wall for a hour

I will not say how likely it is, however I do think it is possible. When you miss the playoffs theirs always some disappointment however I would rather Miss the playoffs then go out early. 

No comment 

I throw up on a friend (precovid)

We just went in a lockdown here in canada

All of them. all Boston sports

19 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1 -- losing GM has to write their article for the week based on how great the winning GM is, how the winning GM has shaped his life here in the VHL and how the losing GM will strive to be more like the winning GM in the future

2 -- we knew it was going to be a long shot coming into the season to make the playoffs and we gave it as good as a run as we could based on our depth, etc.  It is always a bummer to miss the playoffs but its basically out of reach now for us.

3 -- It is a good to move to always improve the club for the future and looking ahead to next season.  The Rush did a great job drafting this season and with another draft like that, the team should be set up real well for the next couple of seasons.

4 -- i am sure its something one of my kids did in public when they were young or did something to me

5 -- Pennsylvania has been slowly lifting restrictions since the first of the year so things are kinda getting back to normal but i am still working from home and two of my kids are still doing school from home although they will be going back 2 days a week here shortly

6 -- i ll watch college basketball and football mainly; NBA once in a while and same with NFL; MLB hardly ever

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

1. The off-season has finally begun, and with that we won't have much action for awhile. With the season ending, how did you find it went? Did your player live up to your expectations?

2. Thankfully, even though it means our season is over, the off-season does bring a few fun things including separate tournaments like the Worlds tournament and the World Juniors. Are you looking forward to these/interested in these?

3. With next season being our true test of our capabilities and with a core finally built with some big names like @Émile Clouet, @JB123, and @hockeyis66 to name a few, I would love to bring back the captaincy and alternate captaincy. Would you rather have a team vote, or would you rather another way for it to be done (i.e. Management Pick, Random Wheel, etc.)?

4. If you could give a 'Rush MVP' award to a single player on our team this season, who would it be and why?

5. Mexico recently re-branded themselves with a new logo, and it had me thinking, are you a fan of the Yukon Rush logo? If not, what would you have it changed to look like?

6. Controversial Opinion: White chocolate is the best type of chocolate. Do you agree or disagree?

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

1. The off-season has finally begun, and with that we won't have much action for awhile. With the season ending, how did you find it went? Did your player live up to your expectations? 

It's obviously a bit disappointing to not be playing anymore this season, but next season will be awesome. There are definitely things I can do to improve my game, and I will try my best to do that. I'm happy with my rookie season for the most part though. 

2. Thankfully, even though it means our season is over, the off-season does bring a few fun things including separate tournaments like the Worlds tournament and the World Juniors. Are you looking forward to these/interested in these?

Absolutely! I am interested for sure and want to be involved. 

3. With next season being our true test of our capabilities and with a core finally built with some big names like @Émile Clouet, @JB123, and @hockeyis66 to name a few, I would love to bring back the captaincy and alternate captaincy. Would you rather have a team vote, or would you rather another way for it to be done (i.e. Management Pick, Random Wheel, etc.)?  I would rather have a team vote, it would be cool to see who people want to lead the team. 

4. If you could give a 'Rush MVP' award to a single player on our team this season, who would it be and why?

There have been numerous good players on the team this season, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Johnston (@Alex_J32) just because of the way they've come in here and worked, quickly becoming a point per game player. 

5. Mexico recently re-branded themselves with a new logo, and it had me thinking, are you a fan of the Yukon Rush logo? If not, what would you have it changed to look like? I like the Yukon Rush logo. It's basic, but good. It would be cool to see the gold aspect incorporated (not sure how). I'm definitely looking into this 😉

6. Controversial Opinion: White chocolate is the best type of chocolate. Do you agree or disagree? Yes! I didn't think anyone else thought this!

Edited by JB123

21 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

I feel it went well for being my first season and all. For the team’s sake I think we had a battle of a season and just toward the end the games didn’t go our way.

I am looking forward to see how both go and how I might be possibly involved.

3. With next season being our true test of our capabilities and with a core finally built with some big names like @Émile Clouet, @JB123, and @hockeyis66 to name a few, I would love to bring back the captaincy and alternate captaincy. Would you rather have a team vote, or would you rather another way for it to be done (i.e. Management Pick, Random Wheel, etc.)?

I think a team vote would be cool to support each other’s leadership qualities toward the team and how they affect everyone in the rush.

For sure Alex Johnston he was a beast for us this season and helped us get better and better toward the playoffs but sadly it didn’t go our way.

5. Mexico recently re-branded themselves with a new logo, and it had me thinking, are you a fan of the Yukon Rush logo? If not, what would you have it changed to look like?

I am a fan I think the colors could be a little different but it’s alright. I don’t think a change needs to be made.

6. Controversial Opinion: White chocolate is the best type of chocolate. Do you agree or disagree?  

Disagree I think milk chocolate is the best.

3 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

1 -- Even though we missed the playoffs, it was still a good experience and got to have a lot of different teammates on the team to get to know and hang out with.  As for my player, little disappointed he fell off toward the end of the season but i still hit my goal of 30+ assists and 50+ points so i am glad there, wish i could have gotten to 20 goals though

2 -- i ll probably have a little bit of interest in them, but if i am not playing in them, its hard to follow and good to take a little mental break for a week or two

3 -- team vote is always the best way to go

4 -- i would go with Lorgo, 2nd in goals and 2nd in points and one of the top assist players on the team and can hit and isnt afraid to block shots either

5 -- Its ok -- if you are looking at the Yukon and Rush, maybe either an angry bear of sorts or tough looking miner

6 -- disagree -- give me a milk chocolate with a little heat in it -- either cinnamon or chyenne peppers

3 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

My player exceeded my expectations especially as they were above a point per game during the last half of the season.

I am really excited for the WJC as I'm hoping to be named one of the GMs and this would provide a great starting point for my goal of being a VHL GM.

I would say a team vote would be great!

I would give team MVP to Nathan Powers @JB123 as they were solid on the blue line and were one of our best players all season long!

I like the current logo but wouldn't be opposed to a slight redesign, maybe something like this? (see below, I know it is very rough around the edges).

I do enjoy white chocolate, especially Lindt white chocolate is phenomenal!

v6Le4M8.jpg

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/2)

1-yes, obviusly, he's the best

2-yes, I am

3-Team vote

4-Me

5-I like this logo

6-No, white chocolate is bad 

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/9)

1. Well, the pie video has gone up here: https://vhlforum.com/topic/102735-ive-been-pied/?tab=comments#comment-844351 was it all you wanted it to be?

2. Due to the pie video, our resident emoji lord @roryrecently made one of the final outcome of my fate which I've now added to the discord:838465328551821332.png?v=1 What is one emoji you'd like to see also added?

3. Recently, our recent Team MVP (based on most of the responses) @Alex_J32 was named the new AGM for the Philadelphia Reapers. For someone to take the league by storm like himself in such a short time, does this motivate you to also try to go for an AGM position or maybe a GM position for one of the off-season tournaments?

4. What is the one area you'd like your player to improve on in preparation for next season?

5. I'm an horrible cook, and I barely have any good recipes. What is your go-to dinner option when you're cooking at home?

6. Controversial Opinion Time: I highly prefer pie compared to cake. Agree or disagree?

1 hour ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/9)

1. Well, the pie video has gone up here: https://vhlforum.com/topic/102735-ive-been-pied/?tab=comments#comment-844351 was it all you wanted it to be?

The pie video was quite well done and I feel like your girlfriend may have enjoyed it a little bit to much (I know mine would too).

2. Due to the pie video, our resident emoji lord @roryrecently made one of the final outcome of my fate which I've now added to the discord:838465328551821332.png?v=1 What is one emoji you'd like to see also added?

I'm not sure, Maybe one of Thad's face when he gets pied next season.

3. Recently, our recent Team MVP (based on most of the responses) @Alex_J32 was named the new AGM for the Philadelphia Reapers. For someone to take the league by storm like himself in such a short time, does this motivate you to also try to go for an AGM position or maybe a GM position for one of the off-season tournaments?

I can't wait for the WJC with team Asia! Hopefully we can improve on last year when they finished second in the tournament! I'm also excited for next season brings in Philadelphia!

4. What is the one area you'd like your player to improve on in preparation for next season?

I feel like my defensive game could use a little bit of help given that I was a -24 last season.

5. I'm an horrible cook, and I barely have any good recipes. What is your go-to dinner option when you're cooking at home?

Chicken parm, if you want I can send you my recipe.

6. Controversial Opinion Time: I highly prefer pie compared to cake. Agree or disagree?

I agree 100% nothing beats a nice freshly baked pie! (except for maybe a nice bowl of Raisin Bran ;))

6 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/9)

It would have been funnier if it was Thad. That must have stunk for you lol

2. Due to the pie video, our resident emoji lord @roryrecently made one of the final outcome of my fate which I've now added to the discord:838465328551821332.png?v=1 What is one emoji you'd like to see also added? I don't know honestly, some kind of banner/image to commemorate the S78 Founders' Cup Champion Yukon Rush? 

3. Recently, our recent Team MVP (based on most of the responses) @Alex_J32 was named the new AGM for the Philadelphia Reapers. For someone to take the league by storm like himself in such a short time, does this motivate you to also try to go for an AGM position or maybe a GM position for one of the off-season tournaments? It's been really awesome to watch him take the league by storm in the way that he has. I might apply for the ProAm Tournament as a GM, that's very cool. Who knows how much time I'll have though. 

4. What is the one area you'd like your player to improve on in preparation for next season? I'd like to improve on my defense, hopefully get that up to 80. Although I do like the balance, so I need to keep working on everything. 

5. I'm an horrible cook, and I barely have any good recipes. What is your go-to dinner option when you're cooking at home? Pasta. Very simple, not very difficult 😂

6. Controversial Opinion Time: I highly prefer pie compared to cake. Agree or disagree? Depends on the type of pie. I'll take apple pie over cake every day. 

On 5/3/2021 at 7:55 AM, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/9)

1 -- wish it was the other way around and it will be next season thats for sure

2 -- crying Michael Jordan

3 -- i am too old for that stuff anymore 

4 -- scoring

5 -- anything with pasta since you can do so much with meats. veggies, etc

6 -- agree unless cupcakes fall under cakes then cupcakes over it all 

WiaitDx.png

(for week ending in 5/16)

1. With the off-season starting, we had to drop all the pending free agents as well as everyone we picked up off of waivers during the season. Where do you think our biggest weakness is currently that we should address?

2. I'd love to make a tradition after every win. What is the ceremonial object to give out to the player of the game in the locker room?

3. Are you entering the VHL Fantasy League that recently started having the openings for S78?

4. Would you rather stick with a team your entire career with the chance you might not win a cup, or go to a contender in free agency?

5. What's your favourite classic videogame?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I prefer to go to the movie theaters alone compared to with someone else or in a group. Agree or disagree?

24 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. With the off-season starting, we had to drop all the pending free agents as well as everyone we picked up off of waivers during the season. Where do you think our biggest weakness is currently that we should address?

2. I'd love to make a tradition after every win. What is the ceremonial object to give out to the player of the game in the locker room?

3. Are you entering the VHL Fantasy League that recently started having the openings for S78?

4. Would you rather stick with a team your entire career with the chance you might not win a cup, or go to a contender in free agency?

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I prefer to go to the movie theaters alone compared to with someone else or in a group. Agree or disagree?

1. Well you currently lack a goalie, and trust me when I say this you need a good goalie, don't expect to be able to nab a nearly 250 TPE goalie at 32nd overall.

2. I mean it's the Yukon Rush right? like the gold rush? about a piece of gold? a gold coin or something.

3. I don't see why not, will suck not to have my own player to choose though DX

4. Well considering what I did with Hextall I think that answer is clear but I don't want every player of mine to be like that.

5. Well how old does it need to be to be classic? cause I've only played a handful of games that pre-date the N64, if I have to choose my favorite-oldest game it would be paper Mario on the N64, @Juiceis that old enough to count as classic? the game is like 21 years old.

6. I think it'd depend on the group, if their mostly quiet and such I'd like it, but if one of them gets a bit to noisy I'd prefer to be by myself. Laughing is fine and such, and I don't mind making a quiet comment but if you can't help yourself but be loud then no thanks.

Edited by ROOKIE745

17 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. With the off-season starting, we had to drop all the pending free agents as well as everyone we picked up off of waivers during the season. Where do you think our biggest weakness is currently that we should address? Probably in goal tbh. Alex leaving will create a hole at RW, however we have two really solid players there in Jaromir and Brighton. Center, too, since Lorgo is our only C. 

2. I'd love to make a tradition after every win. What is the ceremonial object to give out to the player of the game in the locker room? Something with gold - gold bar, gold coin, etc. OR... a slice of pie? Lol

3. Are you entering the VHL Fantasy League that recently started having the openings for S78? I'll definitely check it out, but who knows how much time I'll have. 

4. Would you rather stick with a team your entire career with the chance you might not win a cup, or go to a contender in free agency? Depends. Depends how long I've been there, how good we actually are, how good LR is, management's effort, etc. Definitely want to win a cup in my career. Don't want what's happened to Rasmus Ristolainen to happen to me lol. 

5. What's your favourite classic videogame? Not classic ones, but Madden and NHL. Pacman is my favorite arcade video game, if that counts.

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I prefer to go to the movie theaters alone compared to with someone else or in a group. Agree or disagree? I'm gonna have to disagree. 

31 minutes ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1. With the off-season starting, we had to drop all the pending free agents as well as everyone we picked up off of waivers during the season. Where do you think our biggest weakness is currently that we should address? I think That our lack if depth is becoming obvious to me, but I'm confident That our management team Will find a way to make our team a contender next year

2. I'd love to make a tradition after every win. What is the ceremonial object to give out to the player of the game in the locker room? A melon hat

3. Are you entering the VHL Fantasy League that recently started having the openings for S78? I don't know yet

4. Would you rather stick with a team your entire career with the chance you might not win a cup, or go to a contender in free agency?  It depends on the team. If I like the team ans that I am well in it, it does not matter that much. A team will rebuild at some point. It's unevitable, but when the rebuild is over, you become a contender so you have a shot AT the cup. It's a process that Might take long, but Most of the time, it's worth the Wait.

5. What's your favourite classic videogame? Castlevania

6. Controversial Opinion of the Week: I prefer to go to the movie theaters alone compared to with someone else or in a group. Agree or disagree? Agree. I rather go to the movies alone

9 hours ago, Juice said:

WiaitDx.png

1-Defense

2-hamburger

3-no

4-the second one

5-F1

6-Disagree

Edited by pippo