Yukon Rush Press Conference!

Oatex

On 9/19/2021 at 8:26 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

Yukon Rush Press Conference

(Sept 19th, 2021 )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Sept 19th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Draft was completed today as most might know as most will be joining our team today so Are you happy being selected by the Yukon Rush? (If returning are you happy returning to the team?) 

2. What do you think was the most surprising event during today's Draft?

3. What are your expectations for the team this season?

4. What are your expectations for your player this season?

5. Who do you think will win the Founder's Cup this year?

6. Riddle: It stalks the countryside with ears that cannot hear. What is it?

Riddle answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Corn

1. As someone who was just signed by the Rush, I am so far quite happy with my decision to accept the offer.
2. *All the Ottawa picks holy heck*

3. I'm definitely expecting us to be near the top of the league for Cup contenders this season.
4. So what I got, show that I am the best team player on the ice.
5. Ottawa, Yukon, Houston, and Minnesota are all very tempting options for this at the current moment...
6. As someone with the nickname "Crow", I oddly feel beckoned and yet frightened by this answer quite a bit

On 9/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 19th, 2021 )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Sept 19th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Draft was completed today as most might know as most will be joining our team today so Are you happy being selected by the Yukon Rush? (If returning are you happy returning to the team?) 

I am very happy to return.

Philly trading Hogan right after drafting him.

I expect us to be a top contender for the Founder's cup

I expect Karjalainen to be an above a ppg scorer

We will

6. Riddle: It stalks the countryside with ears that cannot hear. What is it?

He who walks behind the rows

Riddle answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Corn

Yes I am! Yukon was one of the teams that actually reached out before the draft and has lots of players that I know very well. It will be a fun team to try to win another VHLM Cup with. 

The trade for Hulk Hogan was surprising. Its unusual to see a trade so quickly after someone was drafted. 

Finals at least and Cup hopefully. I would like to see Yukon be one of the best teams in the league we definitely have the fire power to get it done. 

Id like to get close to 80 points. I think ill start on the 2nd line to start the season but eventually ill work my way up to those first line mins. 

Founders cup is coming back to Yukon at the end of the season. 

6. Riddle: It stalks the countryside with ears that cannot hear. What is it?

Wind? oh Corn.. I would have never gotten that one. 

(Sept 27th )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Sept 27th 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

Now lets have some question from the press shall we?

1. Big new today the team announced the Captains; What are your thoughts about the this leadership group and can the handle the pressure of the expectations for the team this season?

2. Ten games into the season are you happy with the way the team is playing so far?

3. Zara Colors is currently Third in League scoring with 3pts per game average; Do you think he can maintain such a crazy pace all season long? Explain?

4. This early into the season Who do you think is the current unsung hero of the team? Why?

5. What do you think of the body of work currently of young tender Thomas Price (9-1-0;  0.879sav% and 3.48gaa)?

6. Riddle: What do hockey players and magicians have in common?

Answer:

Spoiler

Hat Tricks

1.I think that the leadership group is 

10 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 27th )

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Sept 27th 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Big new today the team announced the Captains; What are your thoughts about the this leadership group and can the handle the pressure of the expectations for the team this season?

2. Ten games into the season are you happy with the way the team is playing so far?

3. Zara Colors is currently Third in League scoring with 3pts per game average; Do you think he can maintain such a crazy pace all season long? Explain?

4. This early into the season Who do you think is the current unsung hero of the team? Why?

5. What do you think of the body of work currently of young tender Thomas Price (9-1-0;  0.879sav% and 3.48gaa)?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Hat Tricks

1.I think the leadership can handle what’s to come in the near Future.

2.I’m feeling great about how we’ve been playing I mean we’ve been doing great so far.

3.I believe it is very possible for this average to continue through the season.

4.I would have to say Hulk Hogan 2 they are definitely helping to keep the puck away from our goal.

5.I would say that like everyone there is room for improvement but so far very good.

6.They can pull jay tricks

I love the leadership group of the Rush. They are amazing people who are really helpful.

I am ecstatic with the way the team is playing. We are all meshing really well!

Yes. Zara is a top 3 player in the VHLM and can easily keep up an average of 3pts per game.

I honestly think the unsung hero of the team is Hulk Hogan 2. Man is a beast in the defensive end.

I personally am so happy with the way Thomas Price (myself) is playing. Way better then I ever thought I would perform in year one.

6. Riddle: What do hockey players and magicians have in common?

Answer: Both do Hat Tricks.

Edited by Thunderidge

The leadership choices were great. I'm really happy with the captain(s) selections. Hopefully they as a unit can take us to the promised land.

Yeah the team has been red hot to start the season and im sure as the season goes along we will get even better!

Unfortunately, I think that torrid pace is a little too much the keep up for the whole season. I can see them dropping down to 2ppg by the end of the season.

Alexandre Leduc would probably be my pick. Being tied in first on the team with 2 GWG and only having 3 goals? That is just a plain clutch player. 

He has been good but I think that the numbers could be a bit better. It would be nice to get that save % over .900. I believe he is a little sheltered with the crazy good defence. 

6. Riddle: What do hockey players and magicians have in common?

Both have sticks?

12 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 27th )

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Hat Tricks

1. For sure they are great players on and off the ice. They are, also, very hard working and are always there if I need help for something. 

2. The team is playing great recently I think I was a bit stressed in the first couple of games, but the chemistry with my linemates is definitely clicking and I‘m less stress. 

3. If someone is capable it’s him. He is just crazy with puck and he can whatever he want on the ice. That first line is playing like they were always playing together, they always know where the others are and the passes are always tape to tape. 

4. Everyone is playing there part I feel like it’s more a team effort but if I need to pick one It’s probably Hulk Hogan 2 he is simply just a beast. 

5. Thomas Price ... Is our secret weapon and having a great goalie in net give the team a boost. 

6. That’s easy Hat tricks!! Thought I’m more of a Gordie Howe Hat tricks then a natural hat tricks ;) 

On 9/27/2021 at 12:02 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 27th )

I absolutely think we can handle the pressure of leading this team.

I am incredibly happy with way we've been playing.

Considering the fact that the three of us are tied, absolutely.

I think that Hulk Hogan 2 is the unsung hero as he has done a lot but is overshadowed by the forward core.

I think he's doing an outstanding job. 

Answer: They do hat tricks

Reveal hidden contents

Hat Tricks

On 9/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 27th )

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Hat Tricks

1. The team had tons of people that bring good leadership to Yukon, it was great to be selected as an alternate and I hope to help out our team as much as possible, and I'm sure the others would agree.

2. The team is doing amazing, we've only seen one loss so far, we're a top scoring team league wide and are serious contenders early on.

3. Maintaining such a high point per game would be extremely hard but still possible. I can see Colors slightly dropping off in points, not because they're bad, just because three a game is incredibly high.

4. It's a bit of a weird pick but Kyosti's shot percentage is too insane to ignore. He leads the team in goals and is up there in the league leaders as well. Shooting 20% is insane.

5. Needs to improve to at least a .950 before he flashes on my radar.

6. Most of them have hat tricks. For example, I never do

(Oct 3rd)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 3rd, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Has anyone else noticed that we haven't had trivia this year so far? What do you think of not having any trivia questions?

2. Trade deadline is about a week away; What do you think the team requires if anything?

3. Last week I gave Zara Colors the kiss of death when it comes to points should I give out another one this week? Either way here goes; Our new Captain has decided to lead from the front and now leads the team in points and two points of the league lead. Who do you think will win the scoring Championship this season? Why?

4. Most stated that Hulk Hogan 2 was the teams unsung hero; and I agree!! Do you think he has a chance at the Ryan Sullivan Trophy at the end of the season? Explain? 

5. Earlier this week Thomas Price recorded his first Shut of his career; What did you say to him after the game?

6. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What am I??

Answer:

Spoiler

The letter "R"

Edited by Gaikoku-hito

12 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 3rd)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 3rd, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Has anyone else noticed that we haven't had trivia this year so far? What do you think of not having any trivia questions?

2. Trade deadline is about a week away; What do you think the team requires if anything?

3. Last week I gave Zara Colors the kiss of death when it comes to points should I give out another one this week? Either here goes; Our new Captain has decided to lead from the front and now leads the team in points and two points of the league lead. Who do you think will win the scoring Championship this season? Why?

4. Most stated that Hulk Hogan 2 was the teams unsung hero; and I agree!! Do you think he has a chance at the Ryan Sullivan Trophy at the end of the season? Explain? 

5. Earlier this week Thomas Price recorded his first Shut of his career; What did you say to him after the game?

6. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What am I??

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The letter "R"

1. I think not having trivia is not bad and not great. With the trivia you needed to get both question right to have the 2 capped tpe but you can also do press conference, a vhl.com article/graphic/podcast or 2 review for the same amount of tpe and guaranteed  if do them well. 

2. An other defenseman would not hurt us. If they are one in the market or in Free agency. 

3. I think you should stop with the kiss of death ;). It’s a solid race for the scoring Championship. I hope he do!!! 

4. If he keep that same energy in games, I don’t see how he cannot win it. 

5. I just said congrats and to keep up the great work. He was outstanding in net. I didn’t realize it immediately but I was super happy for him. 

6. I think I’m going to call you riddlers now. Two in a corner, wall?? One in a room there four wall in a room so not wall and none in a house ........ 🤔. The only thing maybe the letter R. 

On 9/26/2021 at 11:02 PM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Sept 27th )

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Hat Tricks

1. Of course they can, they are the main players of this team and will guide us to the chip.

2. You better believe I am.

3. That whole forward core is going off. They trust each other and they have great chemistry on and off the ice.

4. Hulk is tearing it up on defense. He's been our offensive defensemen and he has a great feel for the game.

5. If you see him in practice, you'd know he's a warrior. He doesn't back down from any challenge and will be a big piece moving forward.

6. They both do magical things.

I honestly think its weird that we do not have trivia. It's so much fun.

Our team really needs nothing. We are on a role and nobody is going to stop us!

3. Last week I gave Zara Colors the kiss of death when it comes to points should I give out another one this week? Either here goes; Our new Captain has decided to lead from the front and now leads the team in points and two points of the league lead. Who do you think will win the scoring Championship this season? Why?

I honestly do not know there are a tone of guys on this team that can.

He has a huge shot of winning the Ryan Sullivan trophy! He's a big help to me on the backend!

I told myself nice job and that this is only the beginning! 

6. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What am I??

Answer: R

Trivia has always been lame but there is a need for alternative ways of earning TPE. The more options the better as not everyone wants to do the same things every week. 

I think the team is almost perfect the way it is. In my experience messing with a team too much near the deadline can have the opposite effect of what you want.

I believe Colors is just getting started but id love that kiss! I need to increase my points so General Managers know what kind of player I am come the draft.

I think he is also the unsung hero. He has a solid defensive game and also puts up lots of points. I think our team is too good however and that might take the vote away from him.

Nothing much to say to him. He's been a brick wall in net and all he needed was the game puck on his shelf.

6. Riddle: Two in a corner, one in a room, zero in a house, but one in a shelter. What am I??

Spider?
Oh I missed that one hard

On 10/3/2021 at 10:13 AM, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 3rd)

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

The letter "R"

1. Just mean's more vhl.coms. Not sure when trivia's coming but its a bit weird.

2. The team doesn't need much, if its possible to improve without giving away much and our future that would be nice.

3.  I think it will end up being between Towbacker and Karljalainen, both guys are on powerhouse teams. Hopefully we keep earning TPE to push Kyosti to the top.

4. The main thing I've noticed for Hogan 2 is consistency, he's pretty much stayed at his 2 points per game pace while a lot of the higher scorers have dropped from their insane stats of 3-4 points a game. I think if he's able to ignite a fire underneath him he could maybe catch up to everyone else and have a chance at winning something.

5. Another one next game?

6. The letter R.

• 2 weeks later...

(Oct 24th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 24th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Missed last week Press Conference due to issues with my Mac; Did anyone notice and How did you make up for not having to answer to the Press?

2. Trade deadline has passed? Do you think the team made the right moves?

3. Players can recreate starting this week; Why should they join our team?

4. Halloween is coming soon; Has anyone ever celebrated Halloween in a different country? Explain the experiences?

5. Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so what are you dressing up as? If not what would you like to dress up as?

6. Riddle: I am a body with a leg, an arm, and a head but I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?

Answer:

Spoiler

Skeleton

1 hour ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 24th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 24th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. Missed last week Press Conference due to issues with my Mac; Did anyone notice and How did you make up for not having to answer to the Press?

4. Halloween is coming soon; Has anyone ever celebrated Halloween in a different country? Explain the experiences?

5. Are you dressing up for Halloween this year? If so what are you dressing up as? If not what would you like to dress up as?

6. Riddle: I am a body with a leg, an arm, and a head but I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Skeleton

1. Yes I noticed I didn’t get my week doses of riddle. But now the Riddler is back and ready. I did a players conference instead. 

2. Yes Nikita on defense is a great add and the new signing players are really going to help us make that push to the cup. 

3. Because we are going to win the cup and maybe break some records. 

4. I didn’t but I wish to go to Mexico one day to see how they celebrate it. 

5. I’m not dressing up for Halloween and if I did I will be dress like... I don’t know. I didn’t think about it. 

6. Euuuh a ghost 

11 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

I wasnt on the team yet and i didnt need to do press conference with my previous player so i didnt do anything different

They signed me so yes

Because Yukon is 1st in the league and thats a good enough reason

I havent so its the standard North American experience

I might i dont know in what yet

a baby

I did notice because I had to go visit the Seattle Bears press conference. It was a good interview but I like to focus on my players progress at this time. 

Sometimes the best move is not a lot. The team has been dominate lately and you dont want to mess with that by making too many moves to throw off the Locker Room and the chemistry

Best team in the league and we going to win the cup obviously! All the additional Depth could be a big add for us going into the off season. 

Only ever practiced it while in North America. In my hometown during the roman empire they banned Halloween because we could only dress up as romans do. 

I will probably dress up as sully from monsters inc as that is a good movie and matches a fellow players round body.

6. Riddle: I am a body with a leg, an arm, and a head but I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?

Answer: Snake? 

I was a little worried about our assistant GM for a second. I made up for it by taking the time off and enjoying time to myself.

Yes, our team made the right moves and make us even more of a threat for the championship.

We are a family that strives for excellence and success.

I have not sadly.Only have done it in the United States.

I am dressing up as Maverick from Top Gun.

6. Riddle: I am a body with a leg, an arm, and a head but I look like I am naked and bare. What am I?

Answer: No freaking idea

I did not notice because I have never been in this thread before. I found out yesterday that I was allowed to do supplemental tasks instead of a full PT

Uh if anybody says no I'm going to take personal offense??

Because they like to be part of the problem. This team is large and I like to win

I've spent every October 31 of my life in the United States of America. I don't like Halloween

I still do not like Halloween, so I will not be participating in festivities. I do like autumnal decorations, though. I could be a leaf.

idk, a clean body of water?

(Oct 26th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 26th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. We have picked up a few losses in the last week; Are you concerned as we head into the playoff (likely next week)?

2. Are you concerned about any other team as we head into the playoffs?

3. Do you think we will see any upsets in the first round of the playoffs?

4. Expected Final for the Founder`s Cup this season?

5. Kyosti Karjalainen has scored an impress 71 goals in 68 games; Do you think he will manage the next to impossible a goal per game over the remainder of the last few games? (He only needs a single goal)

6. Riddle: What taste better then it smells?

Answer:

Spoiler

Your Tongue

7 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

(Oct 26th)

Welcome to the Yukon Rush Press Conference for Oct 26th, 2021, where the press ask hopefully six very important question and the players on the team are free to answer the question. Answer three question of 1 TPE and/or Answer all 2 TPE.

1. We have picked up a few losses in the last week; Are you concerned as we head into the playoff (likely next week)?

2. Are you concerned about any other team as we head into the playoffs?

3. Do you think we will see any upsets in the first round of the playoffs?

4. Expected Final for the Founder`s Cup this season?

5. Kyosti Karjalainen has scored an impress 71 goals in 68 games; Do you think he will manage the next to impossible a goal per game over the remainder of the last few games? (He only needs a single goal)

6. Riddle: What taste better then it smells?

Answer:

Reveal hidden contents

Your Tongue

1. Not really. The games lost were not great but only because we knew that we can play better. 

2. I’m not concerned about the other team we just need to play like we did. 

3. In the playoff games are harder to win for all the teams, teams in the bottom standing can always surprise. So I thinks yes. 

4. Yes I expect to get in the final, but the team expect the cup at the end and that’s the only goal and the only thing that team will be happy with. 

5. Karjalainen is just a pure goal scorer. I’m pretty sure he is going to score atleast one goal in the last couple of games. 

6. Fish