2020 Donation Drive

Quik

Transaction ID: 3UF32735LT987740H

So happy to see the goal being hit already before I could even make it home from work to donate!

Confirmed.  -sterling

17 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Would like to reserve the right to share the spoils with someone else in GrittyIsKing's position, should they come forward - much respect to Der Meister's gesture. I said in the board I'd be doing 200 before we even had a drive, and I am a man of my word. (Plus this actually worked out cheaper anyway - 200 Canadian here plus the 40 unrelated donation I posted in the board thread that isn't part of the drive is still cheaper than 200 American)

2020-06-04 (5).png

A man of his word is a man of class. Big ups to everyone that has donated so far, whether it's this cause, the Christmas drive or the 701 memorial, it never ceases to amaze me how awesomely generous the sim league community is. Let's keep it going everyone!

Transaction ID: 2DE11556Y6501662T

Making this donation on behalf of @PatrikLaine so he can claim the 5 TPE as well.  If I were in HS still I too wouldn't be able to donate so I felt like helping out on his behalf.  As others have said, it is a time to help each other.

Confirmed. -sterling

Thanks for your kindness

Just now, Advantage said:

Transaction ID: 2DE11556Y6501662T

Making this donation on behalf of @PatrikLaine so he can claim the 5 TPE as well.  If I were in HS still I too wouldn't be able to donate so I felt like helping out on his behalf.  As others have said, it is a time to help each other.

Thanks man I really appreciate that. everyone drop a like for @Advantage

I'm so glad to see this community of people who pretty much don't know each other well or what they look like all donate to this extremely worthy cause, and donating for people who can't. This is a great community and I am glad I joined.

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

Great cause, I love that we're doing this. But how's the conversion to USD gonna work if we're also giving to an american organization? The CAD is much higher than the USD 

Transaction ID: 1MA59818T2906724S

Confirmed. -sterling

All funds will remain in Canadian $ since we officially switched to Canadian last year. If you are American and want to donate more to offset the difference in conversion, feel free. Paypal also takes a cut of the donations coming in, but we will pay out the actual donated amount (meaning we're sending more than $500 in total from the league.

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

The CAD is much higher than the USD 

I assume you mean lower?

The amount will drop on account of conversion sadly but we’ll give what we can.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I assume you mean lower?

The amount will drop on account of conversion sadly but we’ll give what we can.

higher, lower, you understand what i mean

and yeah that's unfortunate. I think a cool idea for next time we do this, is a little USA members vs Canada members competition. Whichever country donates the most to their respective organization gets a free week or something. There are more Canadians but the CAD --> USD conversion favors americans so it's something

Edited by ShawnGlade

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

Would like to reserve the right to share the spoils with someone else in GrittyIsKing's position, should they come forward

After a discussion with the member in question in Prague discord, my donation will also be on behalf of @animal74

25 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

higher, lower, you understand what i mean

and yeah that's unfortunate. I think a cool idea for next time we do this, is a little USA members vs Canada members competition. Whichever country donates the most to their respective organization gets a free week or something. There are more Canadians but the CAD --> USD conversion favors americans so it's something

To be honest, while that isn’t a terrible idea, I don’t like using charitable causes as a means for competition, even friendly. At the end of the day it’s about the people who will be receiving the donations and doing good with them, and I don’t think it’d be fair to give one cause more or less based simply on their region and the regions of our members. 

5 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

After a discussion with the member in question in Prague discord, my donation will also be on behalf of @animal74

If I can do two - and I don't want to push it, I know I'm fortunate to be in the position I'm in at the moment - it has been brought to my attention that @BigTittySmitty is also in a less than ideal place financially. I'll throw some benefits his way from my donation as well.

1 hour ago, diamond_ace said:

If I can do two - and I don't want to push it, I know I'm fortunate to be in the position I'm in at the moment - it has been brought to my attention that @BigTittySmitty is also in a less than ideal place financially. I'll throw some benefits his way from my donation as well.

Not that i think it will be an issue.  I made another donation that @BigTittySmitty can claim off just in case.

Transaction ID: 20E39162X4486680A

Confirmed. -sterling