2020 Donation Drive Announcement

Quik

As announced in our statement regarding the Black Lives Matter Movement, the Victory Hockey League will be opening up our Christmas Charity Drive up early this year, as a means to help in some small way those affected by racial inequality. We have decided to pledge up to $500 to two charitable organizations TBD (1 American organization supporting BLM, 1 Canadian organization supporting Indigenous Peoples). We will be matching member donations up to this amount, and dividing the total evenly, between the two foundations.

All donations made explicitly for this drive will be used 100% to go to these causes. Any donation of $5 or more will allow you to claim 5 Uncapped TPE. Should we reach our goal of $500, all members will be eligible to claim a free doubles week, regardless of if you made a donation or not.

A thread has been created in our League Donations section, and can be found HERE. If you would like to donate to the cause, please do so through the league’s paypal, and post your Transaction ID in that thread. As previously mentioned, all donations will be used in full, with none going into the league's account.

UPDATE: The league has selected the two organizations that will be receiving the funds raised by our members.

The first of which is the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which, if you are unaware, is an organization that was founded in 1920 "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person" in America. As one of the leading organizations in defending minorities, as well as a supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement, we feel the ACLU represents exactly what the world needs as they push for change to bring equality to all, in a nation that has been divided for too long.

The organization that will be receiving the other half of the funds is Spirit North, a group that works with indigenous youth in Canada "find the courage to take on any challenge, develop leadership skills, improve their health and wellness, discover new talents and unlock their limitless potential." As the indigenous peoples have faced extreme hardships throughout Canadian history, it was important for us, as a league with a primarily Canadian member-base, to look within, and see what change we can help enact at home, as we aim to improve as a community on all levels.

Another note is that, as those of you who are in our affiliate league, the EFL, will know, they have also started a donation drive to support the BLM movement. As affiliate leagues who are both working towards the goal of helping minorities and marginalized peoples, we have decided that anyone who donates to the cause in one league, may claim the donation bonus in the other. For example: As someone who donated to the VHL Donation Drive, you would be eligible to claim a free week + 5 uncapped TPE in the EFL, while anyone who donates in the EFL may claim a doubles week in the VHL.

With that said, we will be closing the donations on Friday, June 12th @ 5PM ET, and splitting the donations equally between the ACLU and Spirit North. As the league has shown an incredible amount of support, and we close in on nearly $2000 pledged by our members, we have decided that, should we hit the $2000 milestone, all members of the league will be eligible to claim an additional 5 Uncapped TPE. The positivity and support shown to helping the causes stated have been nothing short of incredible, and while this is not the purpose of the drive, we believe that you should all be rewarded for your kindness and generosity.

FINAL UPDATE: Donations have been submitted to both the ACLU and Spirit North. I want to take this time to once again thank everyone for their generosity, and express how proud we are of the community as a whole.

The Community perks (Doubles Week + 5 Uncapped TPE) for hitting our goals of $500 and $2000, respectively, will be claimable until the end of the Season 73 Theme Week.

Spoiler

donation spirit north.png

donation aclu.png

*Please note that, as of 11:30AM on Wednesday, June 17th, $863.23 USD = $1,170 CAD

Thank you,

Victory Hockey League

@Commissioner

@BOG

@Members

• Quik featured this topic
  • Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Peace said:

Even though we've reached the goal, let this run for a little while longer. Can't right now, but will be able to help out this approaching weekend. 

We aren’t planning on stopping just because we hit the goal so quickly, don’t worry. We’re only ramping up from here.

It means a lot that the Blue Team responded so quickly and decisively. I'll be tossing in some money as well soon, you can apply it to someone's player who's a little less financially able. I'm going to have to wait a bit, I didn't work for the last two months and have just started a new job, where I'm in a hotel for the week as I'm training out of town. They're covering expenses, but I'm paying upfront and I don't have the extra money until the reimbursement comes in. I'll absolutely be putting my money where my mouth it though.

I'm proud of how far this community has come in the last 13 years. The age of toxic internet trolls seems to be over and this is a community that cares. Keep being excellent guys.

2 hours ago, MattyIce said:

Where can I donate from the phone app??

Not sure about the app, but if you visit the forum on mobile there’s a link on the home page that says donate (it’s the yellow button when you scroll down a little from the top). Donate through there and post your transaction ID in the donation thread

34 minutes ago, Mike said:

This a free doubles capped or uncapped week?

Not sure what you mean? It’s 6 uncapped on top of a 6-TPE task (GFX, MS, podcast or affiliate PT)

UPDATE: The league has selected the two organizations that will be receiving the funds raised by our members.

The first of which is the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), which, if you are unaware, is an organization that was founded in 1920 "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person" in America. As one of the leading organizations in defending minorities, as well as a supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement, we feel the ACLU represents exactly what the world needs as they push for change to bring equality to all, in a nation that has been divided for too long.

The organization that will be receiving the other half of the funds is Spirit North, a group that works with indigenous youth in Canada "find the courage to take on any challenge, develop leadership skills, improve their health and wellness, discover new talents and unlock their limitless potential." As the indigenous peoples have faced extreme hardships throughout Canadian history, it was important for us, as a league with a primarily Canadian member-base, to look within, and see what change we can help enact at home, as we aim to improve as a community on all levels.

Another note is that, as those of you who are in our affiliate league, the EFL, will know, they have also started a donation drive to support the BLM movement. As affiliate leagues who are both working towards the goal of helping minorities and marginalized peoples, we have decided that anyone who donates to the cause in one league, may claim the donation bonus in the other. For example: As someone who donated to the VHL Donation Drive, you would be eligible to claim a free week + 5 uncapped TPE in the EFL, while anyone who donates in the EFL may claim a doubles week in the VHL.

With that said, we will be closing the donations on Friday, June 12th @ 5PM ET, and splitting the donations equally between the ACLU and Spirit North. As the league has shown an incredible amount of support, and we close in on nearly $2000 pledged by our members, we have decided that, should we hit the $2000 milestone, all members of the league will be eligible to claim an additional 5 Uncapped TPE. The positivity and support shown to helping the causes stated have been nothing short of incredible, and while this is not the purpose of the drive, we believe that you should all be rewarded for your kindness and generosity.

3 minutes ago, SlapshotDragon said:

would donate but i'm 14. legit. anyways, im happy to see the league coming together to help out these organizations!

I'm sure someone around here reserved extra money to donate, so I would put up a status update to see. I also can't donate, and @der meister did it for me.

FINAL UPDATE: Donations have been submitted to both the ACLU and Spirit North. I want to take this time to once again thank everyone for their generosity, and express how proud we are of the community as a whole.

The Community perks (Doubles Week + 5 Uncapped TPE) for hitting our goals of $500 and $2000, respectively, will be claimable until the end of Season 73 Theme Week.

Hide contents

donation spirit north.png

donation aclu.png

*Please note that, as of 11:30AM on Wednesday, June 17th, $863.23 USD = $1,170 CAD