VHL Statement, Re: BLM Movement

Quik

The Victory Hockey League stands for equality for all, regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexuality or religion. We cannot claim to be a league of acceptance while remaining silent in a time of turmoil, such as the one currently unfolding.

The murder of George Floyd is only the tipping point in what has been generations of systemic racism, not just within the United States, but, around the world. As a league, we feel this is a time to show unity and support for those who fight for equal rights and assist those minorities who are most affected, as there is no place in the world for hatred due to the colour of one’s skin, or any other factor.

While we would love to assist all foundations who combat racism, inequality, and social injustice, it is simply not in our power to do so. However, we have decided to run a Donation Drive so that we can assist, in some small way, those who are affected by the injustices that have occurred. The details of the Donation Drive may be found HERE.

-Victory Hockey League

@Commissioner

@BOG

@Members

1 minute ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

This is good stuff, but I see no reason why we can't have another donation drive around Christmas time as well? 

You're right, it probably won't be on as large of a scale as 2019, but we'll look at it again. Depending on finances of course.

8 minutes ago, sterling said:

You're right, it probably won't be on as large of a scale as 2019, but we'll look at it again. Depending on finances of course.

At minimum we could do another drive at xmas and if the VHL cant afford to match another drive that is fair, but members can still donate under a cause. This is a great tradition we are starting

11 minutes ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

At minimum we could do another drive at xmas and if the VHL cant afford to match another drive that is fair, but members can still donate under a cause. This is a great tradition we are starting

I'm very proud the league has evolved to this extent since 2007. Could never have fathomed such a thing then.  Kudos to you all.

7 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

We need even more people like you in the world, @der meister

God I wish you two would join discord haha we have lengthy political debates regularly on there

4 minutes ago, bigAL said:

God I wish you two would join discord haha we have lengthy political debates regularly on there

Same, but remember I can't.?

18 minutes ago, bigAL said:

I don’t want to dislike someone here if I learn that they’re fascist. Easier to play fake hockey and move on with my day. Besides, I do enough political ranting on Twitter :D

1 minute ago, der meister said:

I don’t want to dislike someone here if I learn that they’re fascist. Easier to play fake hockey and move on with my day. Besides, I do enough political ranting on Twitter :D

Same (apart from the twitter part. I wish I was)

Edited by GrittyIsKing09

2 minutes ago, der meister said:

I looked at Gustav's questionable Discord screenshots and I was shocked.

• Commissioner
36 minutes ago, GrittyIsKing09 said:

I looked at Gustav's questionable Discord screenshots and I was shocked.

Given the content of this topic I would like to clarify in the screenshot related to me buying blacks I was talking about hard drives.

Props to you guys for making a difference. Noah and I were talking and we figured it would be appropriate to bring an old movement out of retirement for this.

Sorry @sterling

57988996bdb098bd95b90a4a92eb5d8b1e9ee1ed

@.sniffuM@Advantage @diamond_ace @Devise @probably not noah

ALL WINGS REPORT IN!

7 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Props to you guys for making a difference. Noah and I were talking and we figured it would be appropriate to bring an old movement out of retirement for this.

Sorry @sterling

57988996bdb098bd95b90a4a92eb5d8b1e9ee1ed

@.sniffuM@Advantage @diamond_ace @Devise @probably not noah

ALL WINGS REPORT IN!

You're all banned. But donate first plz