Minnesota Storm Press Release Re: World

Rayzor_7

I'm not really sure where to start this. This past week has been a whirlwind of events and protests. I have shared my thoughts and opinions on the situation at hand so I will refrain from doing so here. 

With that said, I feel an obligation as a student who is in a good position to contribute and as the GM of the Minnesota Storm to making the world a better place. 

I have decided to contributed 50$ to various organizations:

$15 to the NAACP Minneapolis Branch; The vision of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is to ensure a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race.

$15 to WASAC (Winnipeg Aboriginal Sport Achievement Centre); WASAC currently offers year round programming for thousands of children and youth in Winnipeg and in Northern communities in Manitoba.

$20 to the VHL Charity Drive to the two charities to be named later.

On behalf of the Minnesota Storm I applaud this community for coming together in times like this. Sometimes we all need some love and support from people, no matter how far apart we are in both distance and appearance. We are all one people.

~Rayz

I wanted to add something on to this but I have struggled to put my feelings into words. I just want anyone to know that if they need someone to talk to, now more than ever, to please reach out. I may not understand your experience, but I hope I can empathize and provide an ear. Much love VHL ❤️. This is a time where we need to come together in solidarity with those members of our society who have been consistently marginalized, mistreated, and persecuted. I know I can always stand to learn more and speak less. 

Sorry for hijacking the post Rayz, but it felt like a good platform. Thank you for opening up the dialogue on behalf of the organization. 

Well said by the management team. I'm proud to be a member of the Minnesota Storm.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

I just want anyone to know that if they need someone to talk to, now more than ever, to please reach out. ❤️

If you don't know where to start, feel free to send a direct message on the forum or in discord.

But it's hard when things are hard, especially when you're not feeling great or not feeling like yourself. I highly recommend talking to a professional therapist -  it's really helped me through the weirdness and the stress and the anxiety and the worry that has been 2020 so far. If you're having any sort of feeling off or not like yourself, please please please reach out to get professional help. It turns out, therapists highly skilled and educated in helping people deal with all the shit of the world. Go to a doctor if your arm's hurt, and go to a therapist if your brain or your heart is hurt.

https://www.betterhelp.com/rpc/7a47bf3245b8282b-2-01

If you click that link, you'll get set up with an online therapist that is arithmetically a perfect match for you (it's 2/2 with excellent therapists so far, between my wife and I). The price fluctuates based on what you can afford, and I've paid as low as $60CAD per session (vs $120 for in person sessions a year ago). The referral link is good for two free sessions, and I chose to give both of them to you when you click on the link.

Please, take care of yourself. Reach out to your team, reach out to your people, and reach out to your professionals. We can all get through 2020 together ✌️