Ode to Beketov

Kendrick

Beketov and I go way back because we both have been here since the first season. Sharpe (as many of us know him by) has been improving this league from the beginning. He got off on a wrong note in the league as he was the first overall pick but alsowas suspended for the first season. Although many of us (myself included) feel the punishment was harsh and somewhat administered by a pretty biased member named Scotty, Sharpe stuck around and that nobody Scotty Campbell no longer is here. Beketov has been playing the role of Commissioner in this league for quite a while. That's not the only role he has played, he has worn many hats like many of the other members I have written about. @Beketov has had some great players and some average players (who hasn't) but he consistently is focused on improving this league in whatever capacity he is in. I feel like this league has great leadership. I have clashed with him as well, but I think one thing is for sure; we both care a lot about this league surviving and continuing that somewhat we battle it out with words to come up with resolutions and peaceful conclusions. If you need a question answered just give Sharpey a call and he will most likely point you in the right direction. 

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Although many of us (myself included) feel the punishment was harsh and somewhat administered by a pretty biased member named Scotty,

To be fair to Scotty he had very little to do with the punishment. That was administered by Brooks and egged on by countless otherwise who’s names I no longer remember. Scotty actually is the one who talked me into staying.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

To be fair to Scotty he had very little to do with the punishment. That was administered by Brooks and egged on by countless otherwise who’s names I no longer remember. Scotty actually is the one who talked me into staying.

I'm pretty sure @JeffD still has a "Sharpe for permaban" graphic sitting around somewhere...

I still can't fathom how wild it must be to have the perspective of being in the league since the first season. To see the ups/downs, changes both in the running of the league and even community standards. Lot's of ups and downs, crazy growth too. Imagine what it'll be like if we hit 100 season's? How many years would that be of league history even lol.

26 minutes ago, Devise said:

I still can't fathom how wild it must be to have the perspective of being in the league since the first season. To see the ups/downs, changes both in the running of the league and even community standards. Lot's of ups and downs, crazy growth too. Imagine what it'll be like if we hit 100 season's? How many years would that be of league history even lol.

If we go by the "every season is about 2 months" standard, we should see S100 right around the start of 2025.

I need someone to write up an extensive 'what if' around the idea of Bek being permanently banned and all the ways the league would be different today.

3 minutes ago, Garsh said:

I need someone to write up an extensive 'what if' around the idea of Bek being permanently banned and all the ways the league would be different today.

If Bek was banned @Advantage would have taken his rightful place at Blue back when he was peak amazingly active/ran this whole show. 

19 minutes ago, Devise said:

If Bek was banned @Advantage would have taken his rightful place at Blue back when he was peak amazingly active/ran this whole show. 

And beyond that?

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, Devise said:

~2 months per season so 100 seasons would be 200 months so 16 years and change, funnily enough the age I was when I joined.

• 2 months later...
  • Commissioner
On 6/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, Garsh said:

Someone still needs to write this, I’m morbidly curious.