The Kid Thread

Kendrick

Okay so the VHL is in it's double digits in real life years. Those who have been here from the start may or my not be nearing 30 years old and for those younger, this thread is also for you if you're a parent. What sort of shows has your young in been into? Have any stupid theme songs stuck in your head?

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

What sort of shows has your young in been into? Have any stupid theme songs stuck in your head?

"I'd rather be SHINY... like treasure from a sunken pirate ship. 
Scrub the deck and make it look SHINY
I will sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck... [crack]
Just a sec." 

• Commissioner
9 minutes ago, Peace said:

"I'd rather be SHINY... like treasure from a sunken pirate ship. 
Scrub the deck and make it look SHINY
I will sparkle like a wealthy woman's neck... [crack]
Just a sec." 

Moana is delightful but without a doubt Shiny is the worst song of the bunch.

34 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Moana is delightful but without a doubt Shiny is the worst song of the bunch.

I'll take Moana over Lilo and Stitch or Frozen (both one and two), honestly. I can't strand the songs from those movies anymore.

My girls are 13 and 10. They both love Star Wars, particularly Episodes 4-9, Harry Potter, and, somewhat surprisingly, the 90s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies. My 13 year old also LOVES "A Night at the Opera", the Marx Brothers movie. 

My 5 year old is fully into space, so he likes to watch Voltron with me and Lego Star Wars, but he also still loves Blue's Clues and such as well.

Youngest, 3 year old, is a Paw Patrol maniac.

• Commissioner
On 6/9/2020 at 8:02 PM, Peace said:

I'll take Moana over Lilo and Stitch or Frozen (both one and two), honestly. I can't strand the songs from those movies anymore.

Lilo and Stitch doesn't even have that much music and most of it is Elvis. Film totally makes up for the iffy music. Frozen 1 can fuck off, it's terrible. Frozen 2 is solid but I've only watched it like twice so it wasn't annoyed me. 

• Head Moderator
54 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Lilo and Stitch doesn't even have that much music and most of it is Elvis. Film totally makes up for the iffy music. Frozen 1 can fuck off, it's terrible. Frozen 2 is solid but I've only watched it like twice so it wasn't annoyed me. 

I like the frozen series, also love the how to train a dragon series.

Edited by tfong

• Commissioner
38 minutes ago, tfong said:

I like the frozen series, also love the how to train a dragon series.

Terrible was a little harsh I'll admit.Frozen for me is tough because everyone lost their damn minds over it and said how amazing it was to the point that when I got around to seeing it I was underwhelmed. It's okay but it's not this amazing genre defining piece of animation everyone seemed to make it out to be.

• Head Moderator
18 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Terrible was a little harsh I'll admit.Frozen for me is tough because everyone lost their damn minds over it and said how amazing it was to the point that when I got around to seeing it I was underwhelmed. It's okay but it's not this amazing genre defining piece of animation everyone seemed to make it out to be.

You know that's just called being a hater right? lol.

Its cuz people now don't get to see the masterpieces that are the Lion King. They got the stupid CGI lion king.

Edited by tfong