Season 73 VHL Expansion!

Beketov

Just now, frescoelmo said:

Fresco upon hearing about Chicago  as a team : 11/10

Fresco upon hearing the team name is another city: 0/10

That is one way to look at it. The other is that the team name is a mythical bird that rises from the dead! Hey hey! :P 

The team names were kind of all done more privately than the rest of the stuff, as the cities were more or less decided a while ago by the entire Admins/Blues working with the GM's. GM's had more of a say obviously on the team names. I'm a little bummed to see two NHL team names, although I'm less so with LA because I feel like the "Stars" concept makes more sense for them than it does for Dallas. Warsaw was originally going to be Wizards, but a good logo wasn't able to be found so we settled on Predators after a debate between that or Coyotes. I'm glad we got rid of Coyotes though because tbh the idea of having a Phoenix team and a Coyotes team is a little much. When did we suddenly fall in love with Arizona? 

This is really big.  I guess I'll just list everything that I'm thinking about this

- no Vasteras, I am sad

- this is honestly really cool and also massive, I am impressed that the secret was kept

- wow, I could actually get a starting goalie spot, glad that I made one now

- I am also interested in playing for a team that I've never played for before so four new ones is intriguing

- London's logo/name was my favorite on first glance, personally.  I can see what the problems some would have with it are, though.  Warsaw's is kinda cool too

- LA's logo is kind of disappointing, I also wish they didn't use the same colors as Vancouver especially when gold would fit really well and isn't used by any other VHL (edit: actually I was wrong Moscow uses gold, duh)

- chicago phoenix? lol why did they put a team in two cities /s

- disappointed in the lack of teams wearing GREEN, WHICH IS THE BEST COLOR

- it makes me happy that the league is at such a point of growth that we feel comfortable expanding this much.  When I joined we had 8 teams and the fact that we're going to have twice as many, even after having a failed expansion and contracting, is amazing.  I just hope we aren't doing this all too quickly.

Edited by solas

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, solas said:

LA's logo is kind of disappointing, I also wish they didn't use the same colors as Vancouver especially when gold would fit really well and isn't used by any other VHL

It was originally gold but @Josh want Silver. Also Moscow isn't gold enough?

1 minute ago, Da_Berr said:

I can't wait to be shit on for logos now. Also alot of credit goes to the gm's having an idea they wanted and a template/concept they made themselves that I'd just refined.

I thought the logo's were great. I don't know which one specifically you were responsible for, but in the case of the Phoenix, Stars and Predators the logo sold me on the concept. I dig the London logo as well, even if it leans into the gimmick very much with the more soccer style shield as well as the very British appeal. At the end of the day though that is kind of us, we only usually get one team in these European countries so may as well lean in. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Devise said:

I thought the logo's were great. I don't know which one specifically you were responsible for, but in the case of the Phoenix, Stars and Predators the logo sold me on the concept. I dig the London logo as well, even if it leans into the gimmick very much with the more soccer style shield as well as the very British appeal. At the end of the day though that is kind of us, we only usually get one team in these European countries so may as well lean in. 

As per the OP (nice reading there :P) Berr did London and LA

For god sakes man

I said it in discord and the last 3 times we expanded: STOP. the appeal of the league was being small and giving people a chance to actually win. When I joined I was told we did not want to go the route of having 20/30 teams because it wouldnt be fun and it ruins parity. So what's this then?

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

For god sakes man

I said it in discord and the last 3 times we expanded: STOP. the appeal of the league was being small and giving people a chance to actually win. When I joined I was told we did not want to go the route of having 20/30 teams because it wouldnt be fun and it ruins parity. So what's this then?

where do you put people when teams are full with 4 forward and 4 d lines?

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

When I joined I was told we did not want to go the route of having 20/30 teams because it wouldnt be fun and it ruins parity. So what's this then?

We only expand when we need to but ultimately the league has never wanted 4 full lines. We're too full to be doing anything but expanding so we'll do it when we need to. Intentionally went big this time to hopefully slow it down.

3 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

For god sakes man

Whats the alternative? Having teams full of 12 forwards, 6 defebsemen, and barely any playing time?

6F, 4D, and 1/1.5G has been the VHLs goal, and always will be.