Season 73 VHL Expansion!

Beketov

1 minute ago, Nykonax said:

where do you put people when teams are full with 4 forward and 4 d lines?

they aren't full tho. And if that were the case, they'd have inactives to get rid of, or maybe trade welfare guys

There are options other than expanding

12 minutes ago, Devise said:

That is one way to look at it. The other is that the team name is a mythical bird that rises from the dead! Hey hey! :P 

The team names were kind of all done more privately than the rest of the stuff, as the cities were more or less decided a while ago by the entire Admins/Blues working with the GM's. GM's had more of a say obviously on the team names. I'm a little bummed to see two NHL team names, although I'm less so with LA because I feel like the "Stars" concept makes more sense for them than it does for Dallas. Warsaw was originally going to be Wizards, but a good logo wasn't able to be found so we settled on Predators after a debate between that or Coyotes. I'm glad we got rid of Coyotes though because tbh the idea of having a Phoenix team and a Coyotes team is a little much. When did we suddenly fall in love with Arizona? 

IDK but I visit there a lot (Arizona), might move there one day

Also thanks for not taking kendrick's idea of Chicago's expansion team ❤️ #shotsfired

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, ContinentalCup036 said:

Didnt have time to read whole thread, have GMs been named?

Josh, Jeff, Muff, and McWolf

NA being both J's and Europe being both M's was purely coincidental.

6 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

they aren't full tho. And if that were the case, they'd have inactives to get rid of, or maybe trade welfare guys

There are options other than expanding

Perhaps you missed the part where every trade pretty much has players going back and forth because so many teams were pushing up to the salary cap. What even is a "welfare player" anymore? Have you actually looked at the roster pages or are you just making claims here? We've ran the numbers, spreadsheet ed projections based on current drafts and the league is full. It's just that simple. 

I get the hope of enjoying a niche league, but we are growing at a healthy pace and an increase in demand means you need to increase supply. 16 teams, with a good 10 of them probably going to be 6/4/1 with many others meeting those guidelines or close in a season or two's time. If anything; it should make it easier to have individual success now that players can breath a little bit instead of competing for valuable minutes with teammates close to them in TPA or on tier lists. The other thing too is goalies, a position that was just way too full at periods to the degree that legit starters sometimes had to come in and play back up first season, something that had never happened in pretty much any era. I'm sorry it bums you out to see the league growing but it is what it is. Playoffs were always a crapshoot anyways so I don't really think it's suddenly going to make it that much harder to win in the playoffs. Cup wins would have even more meaning I'd say with 10 teams making playoffs. 

• Commissioner

Love to see that at least every logo has gotten some love. Obviously we don’t expect everyone to love every logo but it shows that all of them are at least good for different taste.

honestly mind blown ! This community is AMAZING !! Ive been lucky enough to be part of it for only a short time now and i cant say enough good things and this .... Just WOW AMAZING JOB TO every member of this league and thank you so much for making this such an enjoyable experience and making me want to come back everyday and not only that looking forward to it and truly changed my quality of life in ways i could have never imagined. Thank you VHL !!!! 

56 minutes ago, Devise said:

TBF I wasn't sold on LA until I saw it on a Jersey. Josh did a quick make up of what it may look like and I think it looks a lot better than first glance. As is the case with most new logo's sometimes they take time to grow on you. 

Hide contents

Tuesday-7185A_LKI_HPJLKI_5AP_MF.high-copy.png

Its mostly the star that isnt working. The outline is too small. It looks like it was added on an existing logo on paint 

47 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

For god sakes man

I said it in discord and the last 3 times we expanded: STOP. the appeal of the league was being small and giving people a chance to actually win. When I joined I was told we did not want to go the route of having 20/30 teams because it wouldnt be fun and it ruins parity. So what's this then?

Do you think we are doing this for fun? The stats have been run and with recruitment the way it is and the retention the way it is, it was deemed that four teams would give us what is needed.

We were originally looking at just two but once the numbers were crunched things were changed.

So basically...based on what you said...you'd like the league to still be 8 teams.  Actives on fourth lines...if even that....hilarious.  

6 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Its mostly the star that isnt working. The outline is too small. It looks like it was added on an existing logo on paint 

I'll message beaviss to see if I can go back and adjust it