Best New Expansion Logo?

mediocrepony

Best Logos for Expansion Team  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(disclaimer: these are the non-professional opinions of a graphic design hobbyist, so I hope I don't come across as pretentious or something because this is just my own preferences haha)

Warsaw and Chicago are my favorites.  Warsaw wins because there are just some minor details about Chicago's logo that I don't like (I also think Firebirds would have been a better name than Phoenix but what's done is dpne) that make it like an 8/10 rather than a 10.

I like the idea of London and the general composition is cool.  The London Bridge silhouette is nice and the text works but idk about the kinda wonky Union Jack, the swords, or the kinda inconsistent outline on the shield.  LA I was a little underwhelmed by but couldn't quite put my finger on what I was overwhelmed by.  Boubabi did make a good point in the announcement thread about the outlines and I think if they were better/thicker the logo would be nicer.  I also don't know about that black space under the star.

Edited by solas

LA looks to much to me like the dodgers logo, and my favorites are the Phoenix( although, I agree, the Firebirds sound better, but the Phoenix is nice) and Predators.

Love: London - the bridges and castles and the swords are the kind of details that make it fun for me!

Not so love: Chicago? Phoenix? I thought we couldn't call them Phoenix, they're Arizona now? Go Phoenix, Auston Matthews is from there! I get the whole 'rising from the ashes' bit, but the connection to Chicago is not immediately made. I think we should've gone with with the Cher or the Prince treatment and just called the team Phoenix.

1 hour ago, solas said:

(disclaimer: these are the non-professional opinions of a graphic design hobbyist, so I hope I don't come across as pretentious or something because this is just my own preferences haha)

Warsaw and Chicago are my favorites.  Warsaw wins because there are just some minor details about Chicago's logo that I don't like (I also think Firebirds would have been a better name than Phoenix but what's done is dpne) that make it like an 8/10 rather than a 10.

I like the idea of London and the general composition is cool.  The London Bridge silhouette is nice and the text works but idk about the kinda wonky Union Jack, the swords, or the kinda inconsistent outline on the shield.  LA I was a little underwhelmed by but couldn't quite put my finger on what I was overwhelmed by.  Boubabi did make a good point in the announcement thread about the outlines and I think if they were better/thicker the logo would be nicer.  I also don't know about that black space under the star.

I've sent over a revision that makes the star outlines thicker, so maybe beav will change it. I doubt it though.