Advantage

Health and Fitness Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Ok guys talking about working out together I created a group to track everything from all your devices to keep us honest at

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fitbit-health-fitness/id462638897

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitbit.FitbitMobile&hl=en_CA

You don't need the fit-bit app to make this work only your phone and or smart watch etc. Add me on the Fitbit app and we can work out together and track daily etc. Name: Beaviss VHL

 

Let me know if you need any help getting started or if this is for any of you.

@Quik @Advantage@McWolf
@fonziGG @frescoelmo

 

I vote Beaviss' new Member Title becomes 'Big Brother'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Quik said:

 

I vote Beaviss' new Member Title becomes 'Big Brother'

 

its cool it automatically moves all your info over so you dont need to manually do anything

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Ok guys talking about working out together I created a group to track everything from all your devices to keep us honest at

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fitbit-health-fitness/id462638897

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitbit.FitbitMobile&hl=en_CA

You don't need the fit-bit app to make this work only your phone and or smart watch etc. Add me on the Fitbit app and we can work out together and track daily etc. Name: Beaviss VHL

 

Let me know if you need any help getting started or if this is for any of you.

@Quik @Advantage@McWolf
@fonziGG @frescoelmo

Does it not track steps? I can only find a way for it to track calories which doesn't speak to me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McWolf said:

Does it not track steps? I can only find a way for it to track calories which doesn't speak to me at all.

 

tits I didn't even notice the lack of steps

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I posted in this thread already, but I guess not - whoops! I’m in for this.

 

I’m in the same boat as most of us here. For like the last year I’ve been too sedentary for my physical and mental health. I can get into great routines occasionally, they just end up only lasting for a few months. In Jan 2018 I was calorie counting and lost 40 lbs (chonky 195 w/36 waist -> proportionally-sized 155 w/30 waist), but all of a sudden its July 2020 and Jan 2018 is a long time ago and my healthy-sized clothes are beginning to not fit properly.

 

I’m going to try to get back into running this summer. I’m going back to my parent’s for a few weeks, and my dad has a treadmill, so I’m hoping that’ll kickstart the routine and I can keep it up when I come back home. I can run: I ran cross-country in HS as a “slow-and-steady” team anchor. My goal was to not come last, and I never did! Second last, third last, yeah that happened a few times, but never last. One race, swine flu wiped out half the field and I came top 50! But since then, without a reason to run, it’s been tough to get going. I can build a good routine for 4-6 weeks, but after that it’s rough to keep it up. I had a fun weight lifting phase that lasted three months and put on some muscle mass. I’ve had a few running phases that have lasted 3 or 4 months over the years, but nothing to the point that I could run a 10k. 

 

I’ve done some benchmark testing at the local high school track, and it’s not good. I used to be able to run 4 or 5k, no problem, at any time no matter how long it had been since my last run. But with some combination of sitting down 24/7 for the last six months, catching some sort of covid for all of feb and march, more vaping, humidity, just general 2020 bullshit, I as gassed at 1800m. OOF. 10k is a big big lofty goal if I’m starting at 2-3k cardio now, but maybe that longer range goal will help keep me and us going for the rest of 2020!

 

I’ll hook up to @Beaviss app now. @McWolf @jhatty8 What app do you use for running? I’m on MapMyRun (because MyFitnessPal is so good for calorie counting) but I hear there’s another big one now? Stevia or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bigAL said:

What app do you use for running?

Samsung Health's GPS and step counter seems accurate and comes with my phones so I've been using that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing thread guys, had a blast reading through all y'alls stories.

 

For me, running was supposed to be something to keep me in shape for soccer. But once I became better at it than soccer, I adopted it as my only sport now in HS. No real goal to get from working out, just the good feeling. My demons have come from my body NOT wanting me to run. Last season, I had Appendicitis and a growth plate issue in my foot called Severs. Throw in exercise-induced asthma as well. Those things made me sit out for the majority of the cross-country season. When I did run though, I always improved and that kept me going. 

 

Despite losing a whole track season due to COVID-19 and having some knee problems already in summer training, I'm still hitting the roads. We can get through the setbacks guys, we got this! Keep sharing your fitness achievements, we can support each other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beaviss said:

Ok guys talking about working out together I created a group to track everything from all your devices to keep us honest at

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fitbit-health-fitness/id462638897

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fitbit.FitbitMobile&hl=en_CA

You don't need the fit-bit app to make this work only your phone and or smart watch etc. Add me on the Fitbit app and we can work out together and track daily etc. Name: Beaviss VHL

 

Let me know if you need any help getting started or if this is for any of you.

@Quik @Advantage@McWolf
@fonziGG @frescoelmo

Tried adding you but didn't work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, jhatty8 said:

Amazing thread guys, had a blast reading through all y'alls stories.

 

For me, running was supposed to be something to keep me in shape for soccer. But once I became better at it than soccer, I adopted it as my only sport now in HS. No real goal to get from working out, just the good feeling. My demons have come from my body NOT wanting me to run. Last season, I had Appendicitis and a growth plate issue in my foot called Severs. Throw in exercise-induced asthma as well. Those things made me sit out for the majority of the cross-country season. When I did run though, I always improved and that kept me going. 

 

Despite losing a whole track season due to COVID-19 and having some knee problems already in summer training, I'm still hitting the roads. We can get through the setbacks guys, we got this! Keep sharing your fitness achievements, we can support each other. 

So basically, you're 2000-03 me. The bold part anyway, down to the exact sport that caused me to start to run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn’t work myself up to a run today, but I did do a 40 min power walk at a 10min/km pace. 
 

I really missed Fitbit tracking and celebrating my step goals. Thanks to you guys, I found our that Apple health has been stealthily doing it the whole time! 

10000 steps feels good 😎CCE3AD97-F038-4340-9E79-9F278CA091C2.thumb.png.11dc61ce697833176ed59bd140a5b07f.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for those following:

 

Today was a big update for me as I weighed in at 380.  For those that don't know that puts me at 45 lbs down since February 15.

 

I had my challenges as I had my toe nail fall off from a previous injury but after a few days to get my nerves used to socks again, I was able to get back to exercising again.

 

I am doing a three day cleanse soon with my whole family which im very much looking forward to.

 

Also got a lot of workout equipment from my work as I'm not sure when I'll be returning to gyms with everything going on.

 

How is everyone else doing?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update on myself I suppose. 

I ordered an exercise bike, but in reality I cancelled the order after loosing motivation and faith in myself. Last time I posted in this thread, I was 319.9 Lbs and enjoying my time fishing with my dad. Things went down hill for me, I returned to drinking and binge eating as a coping mechanism for a life I actually hate to live [and feel like I can't do anything to change]. Fast forward since June 13th up to July 26th. I got back on the scale just because I had a surge of motivation to do anything than sit around and wait to die. 

350.9

Yep... in just over a month I went from 320 to 351 Lbs. 

No more. 

The bike is here now.

 

I've put it onto it's second hardest program for ten minute sets [ten minutes six times for one hour]. Tons of tension, and tons of momentum, and now I'm seeing results. I'm biking at what is considered a great pace from what I gather, at or above 30 KP/H according to the machine, and I rarely dip blow that. I've been keeping a spreadsheet about it, and I invite everyone else to make one too so we can support each other. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vFRagp_EMR-ftDPd2POuJe2fZ29fkh4eqHGHuM8Icnk/edit#gid=0

From biking alone, and cutting back on the drinking and eating, I weight -- as of this evening -- 341.9 and that is a massive improvement over what I was just under a week ago.  

Edited by Peace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Peace said:

Update on myself I suppose. 

I ordered an exercise bike, but in reality I cancelled the order after loosing motivation and faith in myself. Last time I posted in this thread, I was 319.9 Lbs and enjoying my time fishing with my dad. Things went down hill for me, I returned to drinking and binge eating as a coping mechanism for a life I actually hate to live [and feel like I can't do anything to change]. Fast forward since June 13th up to July 26th. I got back on the scale just because I had a surge of motivation to do anything than sit around and wait to die. 

350.9

Yep... in just over a month I went from 320 to 351 Lbs. 

No more. 

The bike is here now.

 

I've put it onto it's second hardest program for ten minute sets [ten minutes six times for one hour]. Tons of tension, and tons of momentum, and now I'm seeing results. I'm biking at what is considered a great pace from what I gather, at or above 30 KP/H according to the machine, and I rarely dip blow that. I've been keeping a spreadsheet about it, and I invite everyone else to make one too so we can support each other. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vFRagp_EMR-ftDPd2POuJe2fZ29fkh4eqHGHuM8Icnk/edit#gid=0

From biking alone, and cutting back on the drinking and eating, I weight -- as of this evening -- 341.9 and that is a massive improvement over what I was just under a week ago.  

You sound like me at the beginning.  I cut 14 lbs in my first 2 weeks just from quitting pop and consuming basically just water, chicken, fish, fruits and veggies.

 

I wasnt even really working out.  Just on my feet a lot at work.

 

I could hardly believe it but when you think about the shit we were putting in our bodies, it's quite a dramatic change we go through.

 

Hell, I've been pretty healthy for a while now and I'm currently doing a cleanse that is kicking my ass and giving me headaches cause of all the toxins leaving.  And I once again still have cut a lot of the crap..

 

Keep it up @Peace I'd like to see you start to enjoy life like I have of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.