Three Upcoming Players from People I Do Not Know

Advantage

Jeffrey Pines (Member - @rory)

Pines is a winger that plays for Mexico City in the VHLM.  He was selected fourteenth overall in the S72 VHLM Dispersal Draft and is poised to be a top ten pick in the upcoming S73 VHL Entry Draft.  

After a tough first season with Mexico City, that saw the winger record just one assist in twenty-two games, the young and talented Canadian has bounced back to record twenty-nine goals and forty-two assists in fifty-two games.  He has also been a steady, though not overwhelming physical presence and a consistent threat with the puck on his stick.

This member has set himself up well with a strong build that seems to focus on a two-way playmaking forward.  My only concern is with his skating as it will need drastic improvement to be an effective player once he makes it to the Victory Hockey League.

Groovy Dood (Member - @bigAL)

One of the more impressive members that I have seen in a while is bigAL.  He has been completely professional and if early indications are correct, many believe he could be a mainstay in the Board of Governors and perhaps even higher up one day.

First though, Dood will need to make it to the VHL and show consistent practice.  Thus far, he looks like a potential top ten pick in the VHL Entry Draft, after going twenty-eighth overall in the S72 VHLM Dispersal Draft.  Dood prides his game on his defensive play and possesses a lot of intangible traits like his ability to win faceoffs and take players off the puck.

The biggest concern GM’s will have with Dood will be his offense, as he reads as one of the weaker offensive players expected to go in the top two rounds of the next VHL Draft.  Dood has recorded eight goals and thirty-nine points in fifty-two games this season, but has made a positive impact on the power play and in the defensive zone.  

This one may be more of a project pick but I have pretty good faith he can pull it all together in due time.

Kosmo Kramerev (Member - @Mongoose87)

I’ll be honest that unlike the other two I haven’t really seen Mongoose around or at least I haven’t interacted with him.  That being said, this ukrainian veteran of hockey has done nothing but impress this season with the Miami Marauders.

Kramerev has recorded seventy-seven points in fifty-two games, despite being on a team that doesn’t rank in the upper echelon of the VHLM.  This is especially impressive considering he is a defenseman, and due to this he sits up there in points with the likes of Tyler Walker, who is projected to be the top pick in the upcoming VHL Draft.

Will this mean that Kramerev can make a run for one? Probably not, but his offensive ability definitely should set him up well for the VHL.  The important thing will be whether he can keep developing, and if he can develop into a more well-rounded defender.  As of now though, he looks like another potential top ten pick and he is an intriguing one to watch given his age, nationality and his impressive numbers he has recorded in the minors thus far.

Hey thanks for the kind words Adv! That means a lot coming from a league legend like you. Team Canada was fun, and I loved being able to slot Tyler Walker in anywhere in the lineup. I have a huge respect for history and the people that put in the work to get us to the place we are today, and so getting my tires pumped by a 1000 win GM is a kind of a big deal. But...

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

many believe he could be a mainstay in the Board of Governors and perhaps even higher up one day.

?did I miss some news??

50 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Hey thanks for the kind words Adv! That means a lot coming from a league legend like you. Team Canada was fun, and I loved being able to slot Tyler Walker in anywhere in the lineup. I have a huge respect for history and the people that put in the work to get us to the place we are today, and so getting my tires pumped by a 1000 win GM is a kind of a big deal. But...

?did I miss some news??

Only thing I'll say on the BOG stuff, is a few other members (one of which isn't in the BOG) have just been impressed with how you act on the site.  People like that immediately strike us the same way guys like @Will and @GustavMattias did when they came into the league. So keep it up!

Hopefully we have many more chances to play alongside together :)

I loved this article, especially since my guy plays in the VHLM, and has serious interaction with Dood and Kramerev. I thought the layout of this article was great. It was easy to understand, gave good details on draft position(s), strengths and weaknesses, and I thought had notable things to look for from each player. The one thing I would do differently, plausibly, would be to have an introductory paragraph explaining it was a scouting report on some top players from the VHLM. While your title communicated some of that, it didn't necessarily communicate all of that. Perhaps because I am new--I just didn't know whether I was looking for VHL or VHLM until we jumped right in! Again, thanks for this: I tend to really like history and scouting reports on this site! Score: 9/10