S72 VHL Chess Tournament

1486856473_ChessTournament.png.fb17b246c2b259d7220799580ccaf500.png

Hello there everyone, here will be rules and regulations of VHL Chess Tournament of S72!

Yes, I am planning to continue this and run it each season if there will be enough interest. 

If you are a hard working amateur or just a beginner who has seen chess board for the first time - you are welcome to join and sign up!

To make our scheduling easier and more manageable we will not organize it as a Tournament you can see on sites like Chess.com or Lichess.com. This tournament will be organized through friendly games in Chess.com platform

So I will start this off by telling you about requirements on participation and ways how the games will be played. The structure of this tournament will be based on the amount of applications received. 

Rules

1. Need to have a Chess.com account created and a link to that account added to the application 
2. Have time in the next 10/14 days to spend playing chess games with your fellow sim-leaguers
3. Be an awesome member of this community

Tournament rules

1.Tournament will feature group stage and playoffs
2.Tournament will be based in a blitz time format of 7+5 (7 minute game + 5 second increment)
3.Group stage will be organized as Round-robin format but each participant will play each other in the group only once
4.After Group stage games will be finished, the playoff match-ups will be announced
5.There will be 2 Groups - Group A and Group B
6. In playoffs, 1st in points in Group A will play against last in points in Group B, 2nd best in Group A will play against 2nd worst in Group B and so on. If the participant numbers will be unequal, there will be an extra playoff round of two worst players on both groups to determine who will battle in playoffs. 
7. After groups will be announced, Tournament head (Frostbeard) will contact everyone to explain how to organize these games and present results in this thread. 
8. Point system: Win - 2 Points, Stalemate and Draft - 1 Point, Loss - 0 Points. 
9. We will create a playoff tree and in the end crown our S72 VHL Chess Tournament Champion. 

If there are any questions, be sure to contact me for further information. 

Application form:

1.Name - FrostBeard
2.Chess.com account - 
https://www.chess.com/member/janissarmisbajinskis

Hopefully there is going to be interest in this tournament and we will see this as a tradition coming each season!

Let's do it everyone! 

So... Here we are good people, group stage will be starting tomorrow!

Groups for S72 VHL Chess Tournament are:

Group A
1. @Dil
2. @a_Ferk
3. @Siddhus
4. @Devise
5. @dlamb
6. @Snussu
7. @GrittyIsKing09
8. @BarzalGoat
Group B
1. @Garsh
2. @ColeMrtz
3. @bigAL
4. @diamond_ace
5. @Berocka
6. @Nykonax
7. @DMaximus
8. @FrostBeard

For the tournament - each participant has to play 7 games throughout next week (When two participants can agree to play the game) against each member of his group. I can track these games by checking your accounts added to your applications. If you can, try to inform me in discord or in forum DM when you have played a game so I can get group stage standings up as soon as possible! 

Remember - format for this tournament is 7 minute game with 5 second increment also known as 7+5 :) If you are unsure how to create a game with that format between two players - be sure to contact me! 

Let the tournament begin! 

Edited by FrostBeard

ALSO! After playing a game, you can add a game link to the message so I can check how many moves were in the game (Could be important for a tie-breaker situations)

And here we have Group stage standings!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-KZwlFTSEV36wKrOGtWONSQ34Gfpe3kFaBiWNi35Iz4/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by FrostBeard