Prague is a little fruity…

BladeMaiden

Prague is a little fruity…

There is an absurd story that reached the presses today involving one of the most beloved VHL franchises. For those of you who are not familiar with the scandal it is an odd one. The story starts with a quick tweet from GM Jason Glasser @diamond_ace announcing that his team had hired a new staff to “help fill in some organizational gaps and fill an important team need”. This message robustly welcomed this new staff member to the phantom’s family but gave extraordinarily little in formation as to why he was hired. And while this behavior is typical for a GM it is easy to see it  was a nice gesture from the spooky GM with a golden heart to the new guy but it also got twitter buzzing trying to get more information.

This is where the story starts to take a turn into left field, after a few generic messages from fans being supportive there was a response from one woman that would take the hockey world by storm. “I think that is the guy who sells me fruit from his roadside kiosk.” That simple sentence was enough to get people asking questions. Things only got weirder as twitter, ever the investigative community was able to confirm that Riley Rivers was in fact both the man that was hired by the VHL franchise and “The Fruit Guy”

When asked why the organization chose to hire such an odd candidate Glasser only replied that Rivers was uniquely suited to fill a specific need of the Phantoms. Apparently, the Phantoms are obsessed with good food and in particular you guessed it… good fruit. It seems the team is just can’t get by without the good stuff and Glasser himself admits to being on the same bus as his team.  All I can say is we wish these fruity Phantoms well as they prepare for their next season, and who knows maybe perfectly ripe peaches will lead them to their first cup win, I mean a GM can dream right?

Edited by BladeMaiden

I fuckin' love fruit! Rivers get me some fresh mangoes dammit! And grapes! but the green ones don't come back with the red ones. 

Also I looked up the name Riley Rivers on google since I thought you based the name off something in real life. I quickly found myself on rileyrivers.com and to my surprise he's also got a third career as a writer! I didn't know gay paranormal romance was a thing but our man Riley's a writer! Will Riley write my next Media Spot for me?