Markus Schauer in the Stands

Plate

We caught Markus Schauer in a German diner eating some schnitzel, just down the road from his practice facility. 

What part of your game have you been working on today?

"I'm always looking to improve on my game. Just because we got eliminated does not mean I can not get better. I heard Jogr and Krishnay went golfing. They invited me even. I've never golfed before so I said no. Today I was working on my edges and snapshot." 

He invited us to watch some of his game. Indeed, we noted his scoring ability had improved drastically. He's almost three times the player now as he was when he first joined the VHLM. Central scouting most recently reported him placed at 12th overall, just below fellow German defense man Jackson Philliefan. 

We're very proud of his progress and wish the best of travels as he moves back to Germany next week. We don't know what city or team he will end up in, and he clearly doesn't have a preference either. 

"Many organizations have spoken with me. I would be happy to play for any of them. My biggest concern is growing as a player. You learn more from your losses than you do from your wins. I'm glad to have had the chance to fail, so that I know what I need to do to succeed in the future."