Dear Mississuaga

joeg

Dear Mississauga,

I wish I could say we rode off into the sunset as champions of the VHL. I wish we could reward you with the championship this city deserves. Alas, for whatever reason now was not our time. Even with this outcome not being the one that we wanted; I wouldn’t have changed a thing. My time in Mississauga the past 2 seasons, I have learned made new friends, become a better hockey player and learnt lessons I will take with me for the rest of my life. With that said, with a long offseason of hockey now staring us in the face, I would like to recount some of my favourite stories from my time in Mississauga.

I’ll start with the first day I entered the locker room. I was taken by my teammates out onto the ice and put on a giant “sling shot.” My teammates prepared me and launched me into the boards. Whichever board I hit, the advertisement on it was used to create my nickname. I landed square on the board hosting the Little Ceasers advertisement, which gave me the nickname “bad -za”.

Something I took pride of off the ice during my time here was my trilogy of fights with that stupid rodent from Saskatchewan. The roughriders may have beat my beloved Tiger Cats more times then I care to remember, but I got the best of their gopher 2-1, cementing myself as the ultimate “Gainer.”

Celebrating the end of the season 71 VHLM season, there was the infamous disputed 6 ball in a doubles game of snooker between @Alstoner and @st4rface and opposing team @lastoneup and @grittyisking. There are still some sore feelings over that game, and rumor has it the game will become an annual tradition. We even gave out a 6 ball to the best player after each game.

Between season 71 and 72, I was very proud to be able to participate in the first annual “Mississauga Hounds March on the City to Remember Her Majesty Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland” parade. We came very close to winning the world record for the longest parade name, but we came up just short against “Super Star Same Day Sprinting Parade for Spontaneous Stellar Snakes Stretching to Succeed in Sanctimonious Shoulder Strength Sponsored by the Sensational, Standout Show, the Simpsons.” I was still thrilled to participate in the parade and know that we’ll get that world record soon!

This past season is still a little bit raw to look back on. I hope to touch on it more next week on my interview with the Bob Father. I have memories of Mississauga that I will hold special for the rest of my life. This has been a fantastic experience, in a fantastic place, with a fantastic group of people. I’ll never forget my time here with you all.

I’ll leave you with these inspiration words:

Stay cool Keep

your sunny sides up

And stay safe.

WC/500

1 hour ago, joeg said:

the first annual “Mississauga Hounds March on the City to Remember Her Majesty Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland” parade

1 hour ago, joeg said:

“Super Star Same Day Sprinting Parade for Spontaneous Stellar Snakes Stretching to Succeed in Sanctimonious Shoulder Strength Sponsored by the Sensational, Standout Show, the Simpsons.”

Good way to hit word count ?