S72 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

Victor

S72 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

122 members have voted

1. 1. 1. Who do you think was individually the most outstanding player in the VHL in S72?

• Jet Jaguar (MOS/DAV) - 37G, 60A, 97P, 15, 139PIM, 241HIT, 27SB
    • Condor Adrienne (MAL) - 35G, 65A, 100P, -29, 165PIM, 254HIT, 188SB
    • Julius Freeman (VAN/NYA) - 45G, 42A, 87P, 23, 129PIM, 278HIT, 33SB
    • Raymond Bernard (MOS) - 65GP, 30-27-8, 0.924SV%, 2.47GAA, 4SO, 2093SA
    • Jacques Lafontaine (CGY) - 64GP, 45-13-6, 0.924SV%, 2.31GAA, 2SO, 1967SA

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah @gorlab Solas pretty much covered it from my viewpoint. It wasn't the "haha he has 3 more points" part. It was more the holy crap we had a D hit 100 points in an era in the VHL when good forwards sometimes only hit 80. 

Like, if this was many seasons ago I would maybe entertain more of a stat padding argument. It's not like that wasn't brought up (rightfully so in many cases) in the award conversation this season. But not just this era, but the last near 30 seasons have shown that we actually haven't been getting a lot of stat padding by just putting the "one good player on a team". Which is something you claim. Several decent to good TPE players on rebuilding clubs before we had all this parity struggled, not succeeded on the point total. From what I could gather this season Malmo's tanking only lead to them facing a good several hundred more shots, which to me inflates the defensive stats a bit not the offensive ones. That Condor not only lead the league in points as a D but was also a goal scoring offensive threat in a pretty low scoring VHL era maybe the lowest of all time is just too impressive. The rarity of it alone. If he was a forward Jaguar would win the award, there is no question in my mind. 

14 minutes ago, Devise said:

That Condor not only lead the league in points as a D but was also a goal scoring offensive threat in a pretty low scoring VHL era maybe the lowest of all time is just too impressive. The rarity of it alone. If he was a forward Jaguar would win the award, there is no question in my mind. 

this is the take away for me as well. Hitting that 100 point mark is so symbolic in this era, and to do it as a defenceman? 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Hatter said:

this is the take away for me as well. Hitting that 100 point mark is so symbolic in this era, and to do it as a defenceman? 

I didn't really want to reply and make an argument for myself. But it is also the first time since S33 that someone joins the top 10 total powerplay goals in a season with 23 (tied 8th with alot of others). Even in a higher scoring era this amount had not been reached.

I get it though Gorlab, the plus/minus is horrible, no one would expect otherwise. But the people voting for me aren't my minions, aren't my peons. In fact I don't control anyones voting. I think you had a remarkable season, but trying to downplay the season I had just makes you look like a bad loser and I know you are better than that.  Lets hope you will be in the running for the other awards so we can also fill up your award cabinet.

I believe in you ❤️

1 hour ago, Devise said:

https://vhlportal.com/VHL/60/ProTeam.php?Team=5

That's just the first team I clicked on in the index. It's very common among teams who don't have full rosters. Leading D that season Ay Ay Ron was on 3 defensive lines. The stats don't just come either way.

and?

there's 3 dmen in the top 10 scoring of this season. Maybe if Berocka or Tate got played on every single line, they'd have 120 points.

Thanks for the words @OrbitingDeath but I am bad sport/poor loser. I've suffered through 3 careers in the VHL, never once actually having a player capable of the HoF, and now, when it's just within grasp, I get fucked over by some bullshit like this. 

Everyone goes on and on about the low-scoring era we're in, yet nuts in their pants because a d-man got 100 points.

Fuck that d-man and his 100 points. He probably had a 10 handicap on the golf course, because his team was absolute dog shit.  Better give him best golfer award too. 

How many of his points are we supposed to invalidate because he had a shit team? Especially when we have evidence of teams with only a few good D in every era where they do not stat pad this hard regardless if the team sucks or not. 

If we invalidate his offensive totals on that argument do yours also get invalidated because Davos was a fringe playoff team as compared to Calgary or Seattle forwards, who under this bizzaro logic we can somehow say their totals count for more because their team was better and they had to internally compete for more points. 

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

How many of his points are we supposed to invalidate because he had a shit team? Especially when we have evidence of teams with only a few good D in every era where they do not stat pad this hard regardless if the team sucks or not. 

If we invalidate his offensive totals on that argument do yours also get invalidated because Davos was a fringe playoff team as compared to Calgary or Seattle forwards, who under this bizzaro logic we can somehow say their totals count for more because their team was better and they had to internally compete for more points. 

This is why we invalidate him:

image.png.8cdc09deadb2e0065d3d264b45ac0a06.png

fuck off if you think otherwise.

Edited by gorlab

S70 Slobo:

Smitty

image.png.e23339edf2733b29c9ff98b245a1e1f1.png

Jaguar

image.png.9e68712a376e074653b3c6bedc4993a3.png

OMG DMEN ARE SO IMPORTANT/VALUABLE. SMITTY WENT INSANE WITH HIS SCORING.  GIVE HIM THE SLOBO NOW. *NUTS IN PANTS CUZ A DMAN DID SOMETHING*

VHL can be so moronic sometimes, it hurts.

22 minutes ago, gorlab said:

S70 Slobo:

Smitty

image.png.e23339edf2733b29c9ff98b245a1e1f1.png

Jaguar

image.png.9e68712a376e074653b3c6bedc4993a3.png

OMG DMEN ARE SO IMPORTANT/VALUABLE. SMITTY WENT INSANE WITH HIS SCORING.  GIVE HIM THE SLOBO NOW. *NUTS IN PANTS CUZ A DMAN DID SOMETHING*

VHL can be so moronic sometimes, it hurts.

It's ironic but you actually voted for Smitty in S70. 

48 minutes ago, boubabi said:

i voted for the goaltender because 2100 saves is very good

He saved like 2100 goals. THATS INSANE

2100 goals saved > 35 goals scored

Amirite

This is the content I subscribe for ?