Walker Discusses Draft Rumours

Advantage

I am just reading through the Community Mock Draft thread and felt like discussing some rumours/talking points..

Tyler Walker Wants to Play for Malmo, NOT DC: "This isn't really true honestly.  I would love to play for Malmo as my ties are obvious, but DC was one of the other teams I definitely had some interest in.  I know I have discussed this already with management there and they are very aware that I have no issue playing out my career in a Dragons uniform, especially if the team is put in a good position.  I'm happy either way as the two teams with the top two picks are probably the two teams I wanted to play for the most, given the relative uniqueness of their individual team's history."

Tyler Walker and Micah Adrienne are REALLY CLOSE in TPE: "Yes, we are.  We have been all along.  Pretty much since about the third week after creation, I've been about 10-15 ahead which still holds true now once I update this week.  The interesting thing is while we are quite close in TPE, our defenders play COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ways.  Adrienne is a shutdown physical defender while Walker projects more as a two-way defender who shines mostly in the offensive end."

Tyler Walker Should and Will Go 1st Overall: "I'm not so sure here.  I have no idea really but I don't get the warm fuzzy feelings from DC about drafting me.  That isn't to say I know they won't but I have a feeling they may not go defense and may go with a first gen forward instead.  Why? There is no reason to really ignore Walker unless you are going after a different position.  With the current draft crop for forwards, the two that really stick out to me are Pines and Dood, so I see them maybe going with one of these 1st overall, or perhaps even trading down a few slots to select one of them. Should Walker go 1st overall? Maybe.  I think he will end up top 3 in the draft in TPE at the end of his career (with Frostbeard being 1) but I do think the top few players in the draft are pretty close in stock."

Walker Could Leave in FA after his ELC with DC: "One brief look into my history in this league (which expands roughly 55 seasons) will tell you that I have never been a Free Agent in VHL history (ignoring the moments I forget to sign myself as GM).  I have also never asked for a trade before in the VHL.  I have also never retired on a team because I don't want to play for them.  Safe to say, I generally am okay with my situation as long as I trust the GM, and as already stated, I have no issues with DC or Enorama."

On 7/8/2020 at 1:05 AM, Advantage said:

That isn't to say I know they won't but I have a feeling they may not go defense and may go with a first gen forward instead

Curious to see how it will unfold :)

14 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

He probably knows haha!

I took a week or two of summer vacay after the playoffs, and I'm so out of the loop. I'm hoping a dark week or two in the offseason doesn't hurt my draft stock. I know nothing :| I just learned who Micah Adrienne is actually....

1 hour ago, bigAL said:

I took a week or two of summer vacay after the playoffs, and I'm so out of the loop. I'm hoping a dark week or two in the offseason doesn't hurt my draft stock. I know nothing :| I just learned who Micah Adrienne is actually....

Don't worry, Condor never knew he had a brother either until Micah created :D