Town of Salem #7

Gustav

WE'RE BACK!

After a brief hiatus, I'm back at the helm of the VHL's Town of Salem Games. Everyone get ready for some action and (I hope) a good time. We're introducing a new game mode, that being TOWN TRAITOR! Guidelines are as follows:

Spoiler

-One member of the town will be aligned with the Mafia. This person may be any Town role but a Retributionist.

-This person has access to mafia chat and may talk to the other members of the Mafia.

-They retain their Town abilities and will appear as a member of the Town to any Town Investigative roles (i.e. results for their role will be the same as results for their role if they aren't Traitor).

-When the Traitor dies, this will be announced to the town.

-If all members of the Mafia are dead, but the Traitor is still alive, the town has three full days to find and kill the Traitor. If this timer runs out, the game ends and the Mafia wins.

Our role list for this game looks like this:

1x JAILOR

2x TOWN PROTECTIVE

2x TOWN SUPPORT

2x TOWN INVESTIGATIVE

1x TOWN KILLING

3x RANDOM TOWN

1x GODFATHER

1x MAFIOSO

1x TOWN TRAITOR

2x RANDOM MAFIA

1x NEUTRAL EVIL

2x RANDOM NEUTRAL

1x ANY OF THE ABOVE

-I'm going with my usual starting and ending times as a general guideline: WHENEVER THE HELL I WAKE UP marks the start of each day phase, and 9 PM EST marks the start of each night phase. Those will be the times that I'll aim for, but, officially, the start of one phase and the end of another comes whenever I make the announcement. You'll be pinged. I will do my best to give out expected announcement times, but I reserve the right to kick off any phase at any time.

-No talking in this thread during night phases. That goes for everybody, regardless of role. I have no power to lock this thread at night, and there's no official penalty for talking in here at night, but if you see one of your fellow citizens doing so, please yell at them for me.

-Do not edit posts. I've been relaxed about not yelling at people who have, but editing is a sneaky way to take out potentially incriminating information. If you say something stupid, too bad. Don't change it.

-If you are reasonably able to be online at the start of the night phases, please make an effort to do so. The JAILOR is able to speak with you in their own Discord server at night, and that is when I will send an invite to whoever is jailed. If it is within your power to do so and doesn't present a huge inconvenience, please be online when the night phase starts and please join the server out of respect for the Jailor and their time.

-DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, it MUST be done through a whisper (see above for whispering rules and guidelines)

-STAY ACTIVE. If you do go two day and night phases in a row without speaking in public, speaking in a private Discord, or sending me a night action (or specifically telling me you do not want to take a night action), I will swing the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death. You do not want the Mighty Gustav Hammer of Death, and neither does anybody on your side.

-NO ROLES ARE OFF THE TABLE. If you play the online game, you may be familiar with a Classic mode being the default, where many of the newer roles are not used. In these games, if the evil faction is the Mafia, ALL roles which are not members of the Coven may be used. This includes Any All and Town Traitor.

-The game starts NOW, with an extended Day 1 phase lasting until (about) 9 PM EST tomorrow.

Did everyone get their role? I hope so. Hit me up if I missed something.

@a_Ferk

@Alex Bridges

@BarzalGoat

@Beaviss

@Berocka

@bigAL

@Devise

@Doomsday

@eaglesfan036

@Mike

@Mr_Hatter

@Nykonax

@omgitshim

@OrbitingDeath

@osens

@Ricer13

@rjfryman

@solas

@Spartan

@Z16

Huzzah. So I'm confirmed town no doubts there. I'm willing to believe @Ricer13 given how early. I say get in front of it town, too much time for mafia to hide in the shadows if it makes sense to role reveal do so now.

I got 3 votes from my reveal now, so let's start finding suspects early here.

1 minute ago, a_Ferk said:

That N1 mayor reveal worries me. If Devise is the Town Traitor it gives the mafia 3 extra votes.

That's a pretty bold accusation without any evidence to back it up. With lots of players, all the roles on the board it makes perfect sense to not only instantly eliminate the chance that I'm a town but also get us the extra votes now, we'll need them. Besides clearly the metagame states there's just as much benefit to an early mayor reveal as playing it. 

This accusation makes me suspect of you. I don't like early accusations without easy evidence tbh...especially since your not revealing a role to go along with it. 

Fuck it..

Vote 3x for A_Ferk!

1 minute ago, Devise said:

That's a pretty bold accusation without any evidence to back it up. With lots of players, all the roles on the board it makes perfect sense to not only instantly eliminate the chance that I'm a town but also get us the extra votes now, we'll need them. Besides clearly the metagame states there's just as much benefit to an early mayor reveal as playing it. 

This accusation makes me suspect of you. I don't like early accusations without easy evidence tbh...especially since your not revealing a role to go along with it. 

Fuck it..

Vote 3x for A_Ferk!

The strategy in town traitor is to keep both the mafia and powerful town roles at bay. If a mayor reveals it is wise to get rid of them as quickly as possible.

Other notes for town traitor*

- A vigilante that kills a townie will not commit suicide the next night.

- Jailors will not lose their executions if they execute a townie

Just played this once before and got assassinated night 1, so still quite clueless what should or should not be claimed, was hoping for some more info about this from gustav :)

So sorry for not blindly following you Devise, i just dont know yet how i should play

7 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Just played this once before and got assassinated night 1, so still quite clueless what should or should not be claimed, was hoping for some more info about this from gustav :)

So sorry for not blindly following you Devise, i just dont know yet how i should play

The Wiki will help you out a lot.

Here is the main Wiki page: https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Town_of_Salem_Wiki:Main_Page

Here is the game modes page. Scroll down to Town Traitor mode, the mode we're playing: https://town-of-salem.fandom.com/wiki/Game_Modes

Howdy everybody, happy to be part of another Tower of Salem but with a different twist. Good luck and have fun participants! Time to read up on my role :)

--

Z16: Here we go again, kidnapped and stranded in the middle of a forest in the mighty Tower of Salem. Things are definitely different and this time I wasn't dropped off with a fishing rod and rifle, what is my role? Who do I trust? Time to prepare myself for a sleepless night *jumps into a makeshift leaf bed*

wind whistles through leaves

Random voice in the distance: Did you hear that?

Another random voice close by: Nope.

Random voice in the distance: I swear I could hear somebody talking to themselves..

Another random voice close by: Let's take a look!

z16 covers himself with more brush

Random voice in the distance: Alright stay close and get ready

--

6 hours ago, Devise said:

Fuck it..

Vote 3x for A_Ferk!

That seems overly aggressive over Ferk simply pointing out a potential occurrence. 

9 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

DO NOT PM ANYBODY. All communication must happen in this thread, unless you have already received an invite to a Discord server where you may speak as well. If you haven't, keep everything here. Should you wish to contact someone directly, it MUST be done through a whisper (see above for whispering rules and guidelines)

I think im missing something. How do we whisper?